FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Friday Five 4/15/05     The TAX five

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friday Five 4/15/05 The TAX five

1. What do you eat during times of stress?

2. Will you buy something food related with your refund?

3. What did you eat for breakfast today, tax day?

4. What are your favorite foods that begin with T, like tax? (getting desperate here) lol

5. Would you go to a great restaurant for a free meal if you had to listen to somone talk about something you were not interested in (time share, estate planning, etc)....
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

2. Advertisement

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the questions Lynn.

Sweets, preferably chocolate

We already got our refund and we got a big play structure for Sam that has a big picnic table as part of it, kinda food related we've had lots of snacks at the table

We had toast with peanut butter and raspberry preserves

4. What are your favorite foods that begin with T, like tax? (getting desperate here) lol
    Tuna, tapenade, tomatos, trout (preferably smoked), turkey, truffles (chocolate), tangerines, tart-n-tinys (remember these candies). I guess there are lots of T foods that I like.

5. Would you go to a great restaurant for a free meal if you had to listen to somone talk about something you were not interested in (time share, estate planning, etc)....
    I guess it would depend on the restaurant, I'm pretty good at tuning out stuff but I hate the hard sell. I would probably lean towards not going!
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)

Kiki27
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Friday Five 4/15/05 The TAX five

Usually chips & salsa or something crunchy!

Refund? What's that! We're still waiting on the IRS to let us know if we can claim a certain exemption on DH's overseas wages and if he can't we're going to owe almost $4000 to State & Fed!

Pinwheels, crackers & dip, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, a Twix and a Milky Way. (It's 'treat' day at work to celebrate my b-day this month! )

Tamales, Trix, Toast, Tomatoes, and Turkey!

Yes! I have done that before! DH & I went to two timeshare presentations when we were in Branson a few years ago. At one timeshare presentation we received $50 cash and free tickets to Ripley's Believe it or Not museum and at the other presentation we recevied a free dinner and free show tickets! Definitely worth it for an hour of my time!

Forgot to add that when we went to Mexico last year we went to a timeshare presentation and got $50 cash, free parasailing for both of us, and a bottle of tequila!! lol

marty419
    has no status.
    Li'l lost Texan living in Brandon, Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Popcorn or chocolate.........sometimes popcorn with chocolate (they're a great combination)

We've already gotten our refund back and it's long gone. We used it to help re-pay our adoption expenses.

I had blueberry waffles with the kids this morning.

Tacos, Tamales and lets not forget Tiramisu!!!

Maybe but it would depend on which restaurant it was. It would have to be somewhere really unusual and unique, not one of our normal places.
    Marty
    Mommy to two Guatemalan angels
    Tyler Ross b.Aug.2, 2002 h.Dec.17, 2002
    Taylor Riana b.Apr.6, 2004 h.Nov.11, 2004

I believe that there is no such thing as an unwanted child, just unfound families.

M&M
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really a stress eater. I eat more when I'm feeling happy and content.

Not unless it's free, we owe.

Two large cups of French Vanilla coffee.

Tostitos, tuna, terikaki..

No! Don't mess with my dinner!

Melinda

CathyNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

During times of light stress, I tend to just munch, munch constantly, and it could be on just about anything. During times of extreme stress I eat very lightly and tend to lose lots of weight.

We almost never get refunds. I won't be buying any new appliances since we are leaving the UK soon and can't use them in the US without an adaptor.

A Poptart, a piece of toast with cream cheese, a banana, and a cup of tea. Breakfast of champions, eh?

Tea. . . tomatoes. . . turtles (the candy). . . tamales. . .

No. Listening to the pitch would ruin my dinner.
    Cathy
    and Nicky, seven years old

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
    --Beverly Sills

MissCookie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

chocolate but anything sweet will do
    2. Will you buy something food related with your refund?Our refund paid off our credit cards where we buy groceries so in a sense we already bought food with it

3. What did you eat for breakfast today, tax day?oatmeal and raisins

Turkey, thin mints, tortellini, roasted corn Tacos
    It "might" ruin my appetite BUT I am pretty good at tuning people out I don't want to hear So probably yes