FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Friday Food Five 4-8-05

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friday Food Five 4-8-05

1. Do you look in your friends and relatives fridge and cabinets when you visit?

2. Is there a special place you like to eat when you go visit your parents, or a special meal you want them to make?

3. Do you eat healthier at home or at work (if you work).

4. What did you have for lunch today?

5. Have you ever been in any type of food contest? (ie: a pie eating contest, hotdog eating contest, pie bakeoff, and so on)....
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

2. Advertisement

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. Do you look in your friends and relatives fridge and cabinets when you visit?

If I can get away with it, yes. I love to check out other people's food.

2. Is there a special place you like to eat when you go visit your parents, or a special meal you want them to make?

There are not many GREAT restaurants where my parents live. There are a few good ones but nothing I want to go to THAT bad. I tend to eat much more when I'm home with them. I blame it on the culture.

At work I tend to eat healthier, but not always the case. Right now I'm working with more of a food oriented bunch and I've been participating too much.

Half of a deli turkey sandwich with lettuce, roasted red peppers, and mustard on a kaiser roll. Lots of chips. A large container of veggie beef soup.

5. Have you ever been in any type of food contest? (ie: a pie eating contest, hotdog eating contest, pie bakeoff, and so on)....
    NO, but I fantasize about being in a wing eating contest. Actually, I really just wanted to go to 10cent wing night and see how many I could eat. I thought I could probably eat 30, but when I tried it, I believe I felt sick around 15. Guess I won't have my pic on the wall with the guys who ate 70 and 90 some....
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

Robbie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never!

Yes. It's called the New Yorker and they have the best subs. I always loved eating there when I was little.

Equally healthy at both.

A salad from the salad bar.

Never!
    Robbie
    Mom to identical twin girls 1/27/03

4blessings
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    . Do you look in your friends and relatives fridge and cabinets when you visit? Yes! I love to see what others have in their frig and cabinets. Sometimes I get great ideas!!

2. Is there a special place you like to eat when you go visit your parents, or a special meal you want them to make? We live 15 miles from where I grew up and my parents so as far as restaurants-no. All the food I grew up with I would rather not eat today!

3. Do you eat healthier at home or at work (if you work). When I used to work it was work. I would pig out when I got home!

4. What did you have for lunch today? Bagel pizzas-I had quite a few friends over and that was the menu choice!

Nope!

susane
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My moms and my sisters, NEVER anyone elses

I ususally cook when my dad comes to visit, often spagetti, tortellini soup or a ham dinner- When we go visit him we like to go for Thai (don't have any Thai here)

work- they all watch each other there?!!!

leftover burrito pie

No
    Susan
    Jake 8 yrs old
    Tyler 6 yrs old

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never snoop, but if I'm helping get stuff together for a meal I'll definitely check out what's there.

We live close to both our parents, but we lived in the San Francisco bay area for years when we were first married - there are so many restaurants that I miss - especially Barney's hamburgers - their guacamole burger is so good. I have it every time we visit.

I would say I eat healthier at home, there were always tempting treats left at work.

Today was not one of my best days we had happy meals from McDonalds with my mom while we were out running errands - but usually we eat at home.

I made a dessert for a fun cooking contest at work - it was very well received but one of my co-workers was dating a pastry chef and brought in a dessert she made so he was the big winner. I've never been in an eating contest, but in college we had some good drinking contests - I still have a hard time drinking southern comfort
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)

Suzi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Mostly relatives, but some close friends, too.

My mom is a great cook, so I like pretty much everything she makes. I'd probably ask her to make lamb shanks for me, since dh won't eat them and I never would make them just for me.

I work in a restaurant where the food is delicious, but not particularly healthy. I probably eat healthier at home.

Today I had 1/3 of a Costco hot dog (the kids split the other 2/3), the crust and veggies off a piece of Costco combo pizza (the kids ate the rest) and a couple sips of a Costco fruit smoothie (you guessed it - the kids split the rest!)

5. Have you ever been in any type of food contest? (ie: a pie eating contest, hotdog eating contest, pie bakeoff, and so on)....I made cookies for our neighborhood Xmas bake-off last year and won top honors (a pointsettia) with my 7-layer cookies

Suzi
    mom to Ruby and Gus - 3 1/2
    Suzi
    mom to Gus and Ruby - 7/8/01

doihavtasay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mom's, Dad's, and a couple of friends, but that's all, unless I can get away with it by helping with a meal. I always liked looking through the cabinets when I would babysit as a teen.

No, nothing in particular. My Mom isn't a cook, so it's usually something I don't want her to make, lol.

I prob eat healthier at home than I did at work, when I worked. I defintely eat healthier now.

I didn't even have lunch. Actually, I can't remember eating anything til supper at 5:00, and that was just the boys' leftover goulash and baked potato. Then I had a piece of my stepmom's pound cake with coconut and nuts in it, and a piece of Easter candy, and a couple of Nilla wafers. I was thinking about ordering a pizza, but I'm fine now.

No ma'am, I haven't. I have taken things to luncheons and gotten really nice compliments.
    Dina
    10 7 4 3

Our family is complete.

Normita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Friday Food Five 4-8-05

Only if I had a reason to. I don't snoop.

Yes, we have a Mexican restaurant we like to go to when we are out in Colorado. My parents are getting pretty elderly so if there is cooking done, I do it.

Healthier at home. Too much junk available at work (to the best of my recollection)

Leftover veggie fried rice.

5. Have you ever been in any type of food contest? (ie: a pie eating contest, hotdog eating contest, pie bakeoff, and so on).

Nope.
    Norma

Mom to ME, born 6/4/00, International Adoption

2 angels in heaven 9/3/98 and 2/15/00

M&M
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

I always look in my moms, but that's it. My mom is a junk food freak and I'm always amazed by how much junk she eats but remains 100 pounds. How does that happen?

No, not really. My mom lives close, so we eqt together quite a bit. We like the same restaurants though.

Home for sure. My intake at work today consisted of Dunkin Donuts Munchkins.

Crackers with swiss cheese.

No.

Melinda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast