FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Too late for using up Easter eggs?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Suzi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Too late for using up Easter eggs?

Hi there! I've enjoyed reading all the posts lately, but haven't had much time to post anything myself. The recipe challenge looked good, but very similar to something we serve at the restaurant I work at. Otherwise, I would've made it.

Anyway, my question involves dyed Easter eggs. I still have about 9 eggs left. Do you think it's too late to turn them into egg salad? We dyed them a couple days before Easter (on Good Friday, I think) and put them in the fridge. They acted as our centerpiece for Easter dinner, then went back into the fridge (out on the table for about an hour or so). Do you think they're still edible or should I toss them?

TIA!

Suzi
    mom to Ruby and Gus - 3 1/2
    Suzi
    mom to Gus and Ruby - 7/8/01

2. Advertisement

CathyNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I hate to say this--but I don't think I would take a chance with them at this point. However, I wouldn't claim I'm an expert on egg safety. Any other opinions?
    Cathy
    and Nicky, seven years old

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
    --Beverly Sills

mmi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would pass too.. i threw ours out a few days ago.
    3 years and 15 medicated cycles(clomid, injections, iui's, ivf's, fet, you name it) and 2 angels before finally getting princess 1 (1999)

2 injection cycles for princess 2(2002)
    Truly miracles!

"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Suzi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the affirmation. I thought I should throw them out, but was feeling guilty about it. I had told the kids that we'd eat their beautiful creations and they thought that was pretty cool. Too bad I spaced that we had them! Now the question is: should I throw them away w/o saying anything and hope they have forgotten about them or tell them they're going in the trash and see if they want to help chuck them...

Thanks again!
    Suzi
    Suzi
    mom to Gus and Ruby - 7/8/01

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am with all the other responses - throw them out. Just not sure if you tell them and get their help or if you just sneak them out when they aren't looking. I threw the last of ours out the other day when Sam was napping. I figured he hadn't asked about them in a few days so it was safe to get rid of them on my own.

Good luck!

Amy
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)