FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Friday Food Five 3/18

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday Food Five 3/18

I am up bright and early

Food: The teenage years

1. What was your favorite meal when you were a teen?

2. Did you like to cook when you were a teenager? What kinds of things did you make?

3. Did you have a favorite food hang-out after school or sports activities? What kind of place was it?

4. What was your favorite junk food as a teen?

5. Were you a reasonably healthy eater as a teen or a junk food junky?
    Norma

Mom to ME, born 6/4/00, International Adoption

2 angels in heaven 9/3/98 and 2/15/00

2. Advertisement

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

STEAK OR CHICKEN, BAKE POTATOE, SALAD

2. Did you like to cook when you were a teenager? What kinds of things did you make?

NO I DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO COOK!!!

3. Did you have a favorite food hang-out after school or sports activities? What kind of place was it?

BURGER KING (WE CALLED IT THE BK LOUNGE-LOL! OR THE PLACE ON THE RIVER/LEVEE THAT HAD A BUTTERFLY SHAPED STRUCTURE AND EVREYONE CALLED IT "THE BUTTERFLY".

CHIPS!

REASONABLE HEALTHY WITH JUNK FOOD ADDED. I NEVER HAD TO WATCH MY WEIGHT. I COULD EAT WHATEVER I WANTED... NOT SO NOW!!!
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

4blessings
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. What was your favorite meal when you were a teen? Spagghetti

2. Did you like to cook when you were a teenager? What kinds of things did you make? All I ever made were eggs and grilled cheese and maybe cookies with my friends.

3. Did you have a favorite food hang-out after school or sports activities? What kind of place was it? Not really, just friends houses.

4. What was your favorite junk food as a teen? french fries, nutty bars

5. Were you a reasonably healthy eater as a teen or a junk food junky? Lots of junk food. I used to eat those nutty bars from the cafeteria for lunch. Thank God I was an athlete so I was very skinny.

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The four pack of zingers from the highschool vending machine
    Another fave- meximelts from taco bell.
    Another fave-frozen yogurt (yes, that was my lunch many times)

Real food- loved my Mawmaw's home cooking.... oven fried chicken, mac and cheese, overcooked veggies, garden tomatoes and other veggies, fried squash and sausage, pies, gravy over everything (except the pie).

Yes. I liked to bake and to play around and create things. I can't remember any real favorites because it was not something I did on a regular basis til I was about 19, wait that is still a teen... so I suppose some of my early things were stir fries, spaghetti, lasagna, pies, swiss cheese chicken.

Taco Bell, Hardees

see #1 lol

Ummmmmmmm..... about 50/50
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

aloha no
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. What was your favorite meal when you were a teen? My mom's Shoyu (teriyaki) chicken with rice and macaroni salad. School lunch spaghetti with melted chedder cheese on top!

2. Did you like to cook when you were a teenager? What kinds of things did you make? Didn't cook a whole lot. Made egg sandwiches with swiss cheese and ketchup a LOT.

3. Did you have a favorite food hang-out after school or sports activities? What kind of place was it? Our spot was Burger King too - had a huge parking lot and just about all of Maui High would congregate there!

4. What was your favorite junk food as a teen? What WASN'T my favorite??? Doritos, kettle cooked potato chips (dipped in ketchup), Dairy Queen buster bars, twinkies, honeycomb chocolate. . .

5. Were you a reasonably healthy eater as a teen or a junk food junky? Reasonably unhealthy! Virtually no veggies. When I turned 20-ish I started paying more attention to what I ate.
    Last edited by aloha no; 03-18-2005 at 12:02 PM.
    D E B

dd is FIVE!

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The four pack of zingers from the highschool vending machine
    Another fave- meximelts from taco bell.
    Another fave-frozen yogurt (yes, that was my lunch many times)

Real food- loved my Mawmaw's home cooking.... oven fried chicken, mac and cheese, overcooked veggies, garden tomatoes and other veggies, fried squash and sausage, pies, gravy over everything (except the pie).

Yes. I liked to bake and to play around and create things. I can't remember any real favorites because it was not something I did on a regular basis til I was about 19, wait that is still a teen... so I suppose some of my early things were stir fries, spaghetti, la

Lauriann in SD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You beat me! I will try to keep my ques for the next fri 5....

Pork riblets cooked with sauer kraut, boiled potatoes, gravy, green beans.

yes, I used to make different stuff! From pies (the best was my rhubarb cream pie) to cookies, to dinners--- I was and still am reading cookbooks! (or now on the internet reading recipes!)

In the little town we lived in (pop 800), there wasn't much choice. The only place I can remember going sometimes was to "the other place"--a little tavern on main street.

Shoot, just one?? lol I liked ho ho's, doritos, fries, and about everything!

Hmmm....depends who you ask! I think I ate both--I mean, at home it was more of the healthier foods but away from home it was junky stuff mostly!

click here to enjoy some fun!
    "Live each day as if it is your last."

susane
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

steak, baked potato, kebobs

I cooked alot my specialty was baking, cookies, cakes

My best friend worked at a Swensons ice cream parlor in the mall- I'd hang out there. I wish I still had that metabolism!!

ice cream, cheese doritos

reasonably healthy as that was the way my mommy cooked for me
    Susan
    Jake 8 yrs old
    Tyler 6 yrs old

M&M
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

A few things come to mind, mostly late night junk food after a night of partying! French fries dipped in Ranch dressing at Denny's, velvetta mac n cheese, and no bakes. We didn't even bother putting them in cookie form, just ate them with a spoon right out of the bowl

Not really, unless you include the above.

We would mostly find places that were open when the clubs closed, so places like Denny's were frequent.

See number one. I really had bad eating habits as a teenager and believe me, it took it's toll.

Junk most of the time. My mom did make dinner that we ate as as family and that was reasonably healthy, but if I was on my own, it was junk.

Melinda

Normita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Friday Food Five 3/18

Absolutely pizza.

That was when I really started cooking. I figured out I got to control the menu if I cooked I did the basics, meatloaf and casseroles for family dinners.

I have fond memories of the Pizza King across from my high school. Another place we used to go was a Big Boy restaurant downtown where my friends and I would stop for french fries or onion rings on the way home from school.

If pizza is junk food, then it would have to be pizza. Otherwise, we didn't have that much bad stuff at home. And no machines at school that I remember.

5. Were you a reasonably healthy eater as a teen or a junk food junky? I wasn't too bad. We always had veg and salad with meals. Our food was waaaay too high in fat, but so was everyone's back then.
    Norma

Mom to ME, born 6/4/00, International Adoption

2 angels in heaven 9/3/98 and 2/15/00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast