FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Lynn, thought of you today-- re: Frugal Gourmet cooks Italian

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Twinkle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lynn, thought of you today-- re: Frugal Gourmet cooks Italian

My mom just moved and I was helping her unpack her books today. When I saw the Frugal Gourmet Cooks Italian, I thought of you. I only had a chance to breeze thru it quickly, but it looks pretty good. I think I'll be borrowing it in the near future. Any favorite recipes from it that you can recommend?

2. Advertisement

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes- great book! I had it for years and one day I took it to Trader Joe's to buy the ingredients for a recipe and left it in the cart and it got stolen! I called and stopped by several times and it was never returned or found. My Dad bought me another one and had it sent to me. I've made many recipes from that book and everything has been wonderful. Is the salmon in foil in there??? Falvia's salmon in foil- or something like that? We still do it this way and it's great. Also, the pasta carbonara- I made it many, many times- excellent. I've done the linguini in clam sauce which was good. Penne with vodka sauce was great. I made a chopped olive dressing but can't remember if it was in there or another one of his- very unique and good. The Italian tomato sauce is superb. My brother used to make another sauce- I am at a loss for the name- but basically it is two sauces combined- from there. MMMM.... and last but not least and perhaps my very fave from that book is the Tiramissu. DH just LOVES it and I make that for him about once a year. It turns out spectacular- better than any restaurant we've had. Enjoy!
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

Twinkle
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It all sounds so yummy!

Did he die recently? Or am I thinking of someone else?

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    He died several months ago. I think he had a heart attack in his sleep if I remember correctly. He was only 60 or 65 perhaps. I always wanted his job! I loved his show.
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    He died several months ago. I think he had a heart attack in his sleep if I remember correctly. He was only 60 or 65 perhaps. I always wanted his job! I loved his show.
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7