FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Canceled IVF during stims due to high e2

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lolotxn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Canceled IVF during stims due to high e2

Hello! I just had my 2nd IVF cycle canceled because my estrogen levels were too high for me to trigger. My first cycle I made it to ER and did have high estrogen towards the end of stims but I still had over 40 eggs retrieved. None of them came back normal though. So this cycle I was on half the dose and they coasted me for 4 days but my estrogen kept going up on it’s own. I am devastated I didn’t know they could even cancel before the eggs were retrieved. I guess my body hyper reacts to the medication. The eggs were all looking good I had plenty of them and the growth was there but the estrogen was up to 7900 the day I was suppose to trigger. I’m not sure what to do next. Ignore Jess next cycle would be even less medicine but I can’t imagine how long I’d have to be on stims. The only reason I’m doing IVF is because my husband had a vasectomy and we thought this I would be more efficient than a reversal but I’m learning how tough IVF can be. Has anyone else went theoihhh this?

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lolotxn,

I'm sorry to hear your egg retrievals have not gone according to plan. Unfortunately, i don't have any personal experience with estrogen rising like this, nor am I medically trained (so I differ to your doctor for all medical advice and next steps), but my two thoughts are: (1) Have you considered getting a second opinion? Even if you stay with your current physician, it might help answer some questions to have a new, second set of new eyes look over your results and medication dosages. (2) Have you discussed a low-dose, natural, or mini-IVF cycle with your doctor? Because they use anywhere from no medications to lower dosages of stimulating meds, they may be a good alternative for you. I've included some articles below that might at least give you something to talk about with your doctor at your next appointment.

https://www.fertilityauthority.com/a...vf-or-mini-ivf
    https://www.fertilityauthority.com/t...ivf/mini-ivf-0

You can also search for information on our sister website, IVF, fertility clinic & fertility doctors | fertilityauthority.com (that's where I pulled these two articles).

Lolotxn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Kelley! Thanks for your response. I’ve found some people that went through similar things but not my exact situation.

The doctor planned to do a very low dose next time but I had not heard of no medication cycle? Very interesting. I’m hoping this lower medication will work and I will not have a chance to OHSS because she said we could trigger with Lupron since I won’t be taking it before hormones his time around.

Thanks for the links!!
    Likes SC-Kelley M. liked this post