FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Airing of grievances.

nursenicci
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Airing of grievances.

I am just venting here because if I don't let it out here, I may explode. All of my frustration has turned into anger for so many reasons. I want to be positive because I just completed 2 IUIs yesterday and the day before that. Being my 2nd cycle of this, I decided to post on a IUI January cycle board for support. I can't even look at that board again! Why do I want to hear about women and their pregnancy trials and tribulations at 33 weeks when I can't even get pregnant? I don't want to see pictures of your kids. I don't want to hear you are pregnant with twins. I am on a board for women who are still ttc. Aren't there other boards for you to share the joys of your pregnancy success? Your pics and sharing of very successful current pregnancies are not encouraging for me. I know people are trying to help, show light at the end of the tunnel. But I having a hard time seeing that right now.

Even more difficult is that I just found out that my cousin is pregnant after only being married for 6 months! I have been with my husband for 5 years, and married for 2. We have had 4 years to get pregnant and have had no luck. And even now with help we only have a 5% chance. I want to be happy for my cousin, but I just feel jealous and guilty because I'm jealous. My brother just had a baby last week, my brother in law last month. After visiting my bro's baby last week, I had to sit in a car for 2 hours while my sister and sister in law did nothing but talk about raising their children. I'm the only in all of my families that is still childless. And those who are parents have no concept of sensitivity for those still ttc. I'm surrounded by new babies everywhere on both sides of my family and I just don't know how much I can take....

I'm sure my venting will make some people mad on here, if anyone even reads it. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but like I said, if I don't get this anger out somehow it's going to eat me up inside! I

2. Advertisement

Hopingforlilone
    Ready to get started!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful

Airing of grievances.

I think you have a valid point. Fertile thoughts has separate forums for those who have achieved success where they can discuss and share pregnancy or children related topics. Those women are still welcome to participate in the TTC forums but should be mindful of others who are still struggling. I've been fortunate to have great BC's on all of the threads I've been part of. If you are feeling frustrated with the TTC forum rules not being respected maybe you can connect with one of the BCs and have them address the situation. I'm sorry for your struggles, I can definitely relate, me and DH are the only childless ones in our family and friends circle and it's a dagger when people get married after you and seem to get pregnant very easily. It's natural to feel jealous and I've also felt that guilt about my jealousy too. I pray that we both achieve our goal of a THB one day and that once we do, we will not lose sight of how it feels to be on this side of the equation and can be sensitive to others who are still struggling ((hugs))
    IVF #1-3: July '12 Cx, Oct '12 & Aug '13 BFN
    FET #1-2: Nov '13 June '14 Cancelled
    FET #3: Jan 2015 BFN
    Changed RE, banking for PGS
    IVF #4 & 5: Nov '15 & Jan '16: 1 blast - abnormal
    IVF #6: Mar '16: 3 to blast - 2 PGS NORMAL!!
    Mock cycles for ERA May & July '16
    FET #4/#5: Sep '16 Nov '16 both cancelled
    FET #6: Feb 7, 2017 Our dream finally came true Oct 2017 we are a family of 3!
    Thanks nursenicci thanked for this post
    Likes nursenicci liked this post