FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Living child-free while TTC - staying fully present in the moment...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kcg12
    3rd Trimester and all's well. Getting so excited!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Question Living child-free while TTC - staying fully present in the moment...

I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but I am looking for others who want to talk about how we can live fully present and accept child-free living as our current, and possibly permanent circumstances, while still TTC...

On the one hand, TTC may best be achieved by a total "brain washing" of visualization, belief, positive thinking, and other healthy mind/body techniques (including nutrition and exercise) that promote pregnancy and child-bearing.

On the other hand, is it healthy to constantly wish and hope for something different, as if who we are today is defective or undesirable and must somehow be "corrected"? Would it not be more healthy to foster acceptance of "today", which is a day absent of children?

Very interested in how you all balance these things...

2. Advertisement

songbird
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on patient acceptance. Some days are better than others. But I realize that if I am always longing for what I do not have I miss the opportunity for happiness today. When I am practicing patience I am more peaceful. I may not have a baby today and when I start to get really down and focus on myself and what my wishes are I am more unhappy. I am not just sitting back being passive, I am being active in doing everything "correctly" eating well, exercising, meditating and going to Dr for treatment. But, I am trying to see that things regardless of what I want to happen may not so to be angry and sad will not improve my situation but only make it worse.
    Me: 40 Unexplained
    6/10, 7/10, 8/10- clomid
    IUI#1,2 & 3 w/ clomid (9/10, 10/10, 11/10)
    IUI #4- 12/10 BFN, w/bravell
    IUI #5- 2/11 BFN, w/bravell
    4/11- started lupron had "atypical" reaction did not suppress.
    IVF #1- 7/11 antagonist protocol ER 7/23- 6 eggs/ 5 fertilized. ET 7/26 transferred 4. BFN
    IVF#2- September 2011 antagonist protocol

kcg12
    3rd Trimester and all's well. Getting so excited!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Songbird... hmm, I just replied but I think I lost it. Sorry for my delay, but thanks so much for your thoughts. It's encouraging to hear of others who are struggling with the same things I am. I see you have just gone through / are going through IVF #2. I send my best wishes and prayers for your patience and acceptance, no matter the outcome.
    Blessings.