FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Questions about freezing my eggs

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amberbear15
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Questions about freezing my eggs

Hello, my name is Amber.
    So long story short I tried two rounds of iui and it did not work. Tried one round of IVF got the good news but miscarriage. Tried another round of IVF and it did not work. So I am going through the process and have decide to freeze two rounds. I only have one more full cycle with health insurance so this is why we decided to freeze. I am just not sure what happens? To they just freeze all the eggs? Do they to be a good grade in order to freeze. Any help or advice would be helpful..

2. Advertisement

ICU_RN
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you single? If you have a partner then I would freeze embryos and not eggs, as they are more stable to thaw
    Egg Freezing #1: April 2015, age 32, menopur/bravelle/ganirelix, FSH 7, AMH 5.4, AFC 13: 17 eggs, all mature

Egg Freezing #2: December 2015, age 32, same protocol , Synthroid started, FSH 12 (eek!), AMH 2.1, AFC 11: 13 eggs retrieved, 12 mature

ICU_RN
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you single? If you have a partner I would freeze embryos and not eggs as they are more stable to thaw
    Egg Freezing #1: April 2015, age 32, menopur/bravelle/ganirelix, FSH 7, AMH 5.4, AFC 13: 17 eggs, all mature

Egg Freezing #2: December 2015, age 32, same protocol , Synthroid started, FSH 12 (eek!), AMH 2.1, AFC 11: 13 eggs retrieved, 12 mature

amberbear15
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.. This is good advice.

amberbear15
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if they have to be mature to freeze? I usually have 10 but only 5 are good and then only 2 or 3 take.

ICU_RN
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    They can freeze an immature egg but it probably won't do you any good. I had an immature egg in my last freezing cycle. The embryologist froze it anyway (just in case the technology would improve to mature it by the time I come back to use my eggs) , but my RE told me not to count on using it

Esperanza77
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    amberbear15 ...mi clinic doesnt even freeze inmature eggs. I agree with ICU_RN, freeze embryos. Embryos are a lot more robust than eggs. Good luck!
    DOB July'77 AMH 3.22 ng/mL: Sept2015 Extraction12; M 10; Antagonist 12d(Menopur/GonalF/Centrotite/Lupron ) 3 months Bc over supressed due to 1 cyst and miscommunication with clinic
    2nd:Jan2016. Cancelled, same protocol except waited 3 full days after bcpills to start injecting. High E & 4 HUGE follicles 3rd:March2016. Expecting 10 mature, 2 of biggest follicles were empty, 8M.

addisoncave
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your wonderful suggestion, before read your post i have lost of confusion in my mind. But now have all the answers of my questions.

EllenWoodin
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

noanoa
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hi, thanks for links. I would like to share mine with yr
    www. news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/pregnancy/could-freezing-your-eggs-help-you-find-love/news-story/391e06b1ebfd2d159d8da03c9e35a813
    www. in victaclinics.com/infertility-treatment/ivf-programs/ivf-all-inclusive-egg-freezing/
    www. medicaldaily.com/ice-ice-baby-how-egg-freezing-works-someone-who-does-it-and-someone-whos-had-it-done-368922[/url]
    I hope this is of some help
    Last edited by noanoa; 10-21-2016 at 06:50 AM.