FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Egg warmming cycle from my own frozen eggs

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    squishy27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Egg warmming cycle from my own frozen eggs

Hi there ladies, is anyone out there about to use their frozen eggs for a egg warmming cycle? Im about to in in 5 weeks and love to hear your story

2. Advertisement

HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Hi squishy,

Do you mean that you will be using your frozen eggs to get pregnant now? That is so exciting! There isn't a ton of data out there on the success of this, but depending on the method of freezing, it is anticipated to have similar success to fresh cycles.

Good luck!
    Kim
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!

Twitter: @Griffiths1214

If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

click to visit my blog:

squishy27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your replie.yes in using my own frozen eggs now. Super exited.

peeb2954
    All in God's plan!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I will be using my two frozen eggs the end of this month. Having a polyp removed Monday. AF due Jan 31st.
    Me): 41 (DH) 44:Perfect
    Diagnosis: Both Tubes removed December 2010
    DSS:killed in Car accident by drunk driver (July 22, 2012)
    DSD: 16
    DD:6/14/14
    Married 3 years December 2012

IVF#1 3/13, ER: 7, 5 fer ET: 3 day transfer of 3 (not so good embryos) Non to freeze
    IVF#2 9/13, ER 11, 8 fert ET: 4 day of 2 transferred, 2 frozen
    IVF #3

FET#1 Transfer 2/19/2015 2 Blast (4AA & 4AB) BFN

peeb2954
    All in God's plan!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am kinda of nervous due to some articles that I have read. Has anyone been sucessful with some frozen after a successful fresh cycle.
    Me): 41 (DH) 44:Perfect
    Diagnosis: Both Tubes removed December 2010
    DSS:killed in Car accident by drunk driver (July 22, 2012)
    DSD: 16
    DD:6/14/14
    Married 3 years December 2012

IVF#1 3/13, ER: 7, 5 fer ET: 3 day transfer of 3 (not so good embryos) Non to freeze
    IVF#2 9/13, ER 11, 8 fert ET: 4 day of 2 transferred, 2 frozen
    IVF #3

FET#1 Transfer 2/19/2015 2 Blast (4AA & 4AB) BFN

lilone2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peeb2954 View Post
    I am kinda of nervous due to some articles that I have read. Has anyone been sucessful with some frozen after a successful fresh cycle.
    This is very exciting news!

I don't think there are a lot of people on this site who have frozen eggs, apart from a couple that I saw who froze and thawed immediately as part of the vitrification study. Those posts were quite old and I found them just doing a search on the site.

I just froze 15 eggs last month and am also very, very eager to hear how others have done after storing and thawing eggs. Please pop back and let us know if you find people who have been through it. Please also be sure to let us know how it goes for you! When do you start the process? Do you have much to do in the way of prep and medication?

squishy27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay some other ladies in the same boat. Good luck peeb2954 and lilone2!

I was supposed to start af today and start bcp today. But no af and not pg.
    Im going on bcp to time my cycle for march.they are defrosting my 5 eggs on the 9th and then my hubby will do sperm retrival, fingers crossed they fertalize. Then its planed for a eset on day 3 transfer.

Just anxious bout af not dont wanna through of tge timming as we are flying interstate for this. :s

agr72
    Wants to get this show on the road!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I'm friends with a woman who froze her eggs from an IVF cycle (they have severe MF issues). During the fresh cycle they fertilized only 2 of her eggs and froze the rest unfertilized. She had a DS from that cycle.

Two years later, they unfroze two more eggs, fertilized them, and transferred two embryos. It resulted in another DS. She still has more eggs frozen in case they want to try for more kids.

Her primary reason for freezing eggs instead of embryos is that they did not want to leave unused embryos behind. They only wanted to create as many embryos as they would try to use.
    Me: 42, AMH = 0.32
    DH: 39
    DS - born 7/12 from IUI No. 2

Trying for No. 2
    IVF 1 - May 2013
    6 eggs, 3 fertilized and made to day 5 blast
    Transfer 1 Grade A - BFP - missed m/c at 8 weeks

FET - 11/27/13 - 2 frosties - BFN
    Frozen DE cycle - April 2014 - BFN
    One last shot...Fresh DE at Shady Grove
    Transfer 1 EBCC embryo 11/28/14 - BFP!

lilone2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agr72 View Post
    I'm friends with a woman who froze her eggs from an IVF cycle (they have severe MF issues). During the fresh cycle they fertilized only 2 of her eggs and froze the rest unfertilized. She had a DS from that cycle.

Two years later, they unfroze two more eggs, fertilized them, and transferred two embryos. It resulted in another DS. She still has more eggs frozen in case they want to try for more kids.

Her primary reason for freezing eggs instead of embryos is that they did not want to leave unused embryos behind. They only wanted to create as many embryos as they would try to use.
    That's great news! It's good to hear of a success story.

To those ladies going through this right now, what is the prep like? Is it a similar stimming cycle to when we retrieved eggs or is it less rigourous (medication wise)?

HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    This is super exciting to see so many of you using frozen eggs! Egg freezing is really picking up traction right now, especially since Apple and Facebook offer benefits to their employees.

I know there aren't a lot of success rates out there for egg freezing or using frozen eggs (rather than frozen embryos) for IVF, but that is likely to change. The truth is frozen egg pregnancy rates are comparable to fresh. EggBanxx has been holding several events in the NYC area and a number of doctors presenting at the events have confirmed this.

If any of you fabulous ladies are looking into future egg freezing to use for your IVF cycles later on, shoot me an email. I can talk to you about EggBanxx clinics in your area and the significant savings this program provides. Not everyone has IVF coverage and almost no one has egg freezing coverage. Hopefully EggBanxx can help you save a bit of money. I know I've personally helped some of the women I've worked with save over $1,000.

Best,
    Kim
    kim@fertilityauthority.com
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!

Twitter: @Griffiths1214

If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

click to visit my blog:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast