FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Egg warmming cycle from my own frozen eggs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    lilone2
    has no status.
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmf1978 View Post
    Hi guys. Sorry for barging in. I'm starting an egg freezing cycle next month, and I'm very nervous. I'm finding it very difficult to find answers to my questions online. Wondering about the experiences of others. I'm planning on doing my first cycle at a fertility clinic in NYC. I'm 36 yo, recently divorced, and I have low ovarian reserve. I conceived naturally, and very quickly, right before my divorce...but miscarried at 10 weeks. Anyway, I feel like I need to get moving. My FSH is high and I always seem to have a low antral follicle count. Right now, I'm mostly anxious about the cost of egg freezing! I'm wondering, for those who have insurance that covers IVF, but not egg freezing, did your insurance cover ANY part of the process of egg freezing. Medications? Scans? Bloodwork? Or did you have to pay for every single thing out of pocket? The billing department at my clinic is clueless. I know that everyone's insurance is different, but I'm just curious.
    Then, of course, I'm nervous about the process, success, etc. So much to think about.
    Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry that I threadjacked!
    I can't answer your insurance questions since I'm in Canada and a few things were covered by OHIP (mainly initial dr. appt, diagnostic tests, etc.). My work covered my meds 100% but I paid the rest out of pocket and it was expensive. I just decided, though, that those 5 or 7 thousand dollars will not be felt or remembered a few years from now but those eggs will be priceless if they afford me the opportunity to have children later. The only difficulty in my decision is that success is not a guarantee. It is a lot of money for no certainty but I still knew that if I didn't do it, I would spend my life wondering "what if". This way I know I did all I could and if it doesn't work than it isn't because I didn't take a chance.

    My retrieval was just last month and is fresh in my mind so ask away and I'll answer anything I can about the process.


  2. Advertisement


  3. #22
    squishy27
    has no status.
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    lilone2 - ya!

    bmf1978- to be honest i cant answer bout insurance cost for u.i am in australia and we get sum back from wat we call medicare from the government.bit link the nhs ithink. It cost me 1600 out of pocket to stim and retrieve my eggs. And its got to cost us $1050 to defrost them fertalize them with icsi and transfer one bk in.plus $1050 for sperm retrival but we get 800 bk.

    Sorry to here bout ur miscarriage and i hope u get lots of eggs and ur baby soon x


  4. #23
    lilone2
    has no status.
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read something at the hairdressers that I thought was interesting. It may not be news to anyone else but I don't follow Hollywood stars so it's news for me. The magazine I was reading said that Sofia Vergara and her fiance are planning to have a child via surrogate. It went on to explain that she froze eggs in 2013 because she knew age was creeping up on her and her relationship at the time wasn't good. It didn't say for sure if she was using those frozen eggs for the surrogate or if she would try to use current ones but since she is 42 or 43, I think there is a reasonable chance that they will use the frozen eggs. It will be exciting to find out whether they have success from vitrified eggs. Here's hoping there is another success story soon to motivate us.
    Likes HelpAtFertilityAuthority liked this post


  5. #24
    HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tri-state
    Posts
    2,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by bmf1978 View Post
    Hi guys. Sorry for barging in. I'm starting an egg freezing cycle next month, and I'm very nervous. I'm finding it very difficult to find answers to my questions online. Wondering about the experiences of others. I'm planning on doing my first cycle at a fertility clinic in NYC. I'm 36 yo, recently divorced, and I have low ovarian reserve. I conceived naturally, and very quickly, right before my divorce...but miscarried at 10 weeks. Anyway, I feel like I need to get moving. My FSH is high and I always seem to have a low antral follicle count. Right now, I'm mostly anxious about the cost of egg freezing! I'm wondering, for those who have insurance that covers IVF, but not egg freezing, did your insurance cover ANY part of the process of egg freezing. Medications? Scans? Bloodwork? Or did you have to pay for every single thing out of pocket? The billing department at my clinic is clueless. I know that everyone's insurance is different, but I'm just curious.
    Then, of course, I'm nervous about the process, success, etc. So much to think about.
    Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry that I threadjacked!
    Hey bmf,

    Which clinic are you working with and what type of insurance do you have? We've seen insurances pick up the tab for consultation, blood work, ultrasound, anesthesia, and *sometimes* medications. Have you thought about EggBanxx? We can likely save you some money on your cycles with EggBanxx pricing. We partner with a number of clinics in NYC. Feel free to email me if you have questions kim@fertilityauthority.com

    Good luck!
    Kim
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!


    Twitter: @Griffiths1214

    If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

    Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

    click to visit my blog:


  6. #25
    HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tri-state
    Posts
    2,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by lilone2 View Post
    I just read something at the hairdressers that I thought was interesting. It may not be news to anyone else but I don't follow Hollywood stars so it's news for me. The magazine I was reading said that Sofia Vergara and her fiance are planning to have a child via surrogate. It went on to explain that she froze eggs in 2013 because she knew age was creeping up on her and her relationship at the time wasn't good. It didn't say for sure if she was using those frozen eggs for the surrogate or if she would try to use current ones but since she is 42 or 43, I think there is a reasonable chance that they will use the frozen eggs. It will be exciting to find out whether they have success from vitrified eggs. Here's hoping there is another success story soon to motivate us.
    Yeah I think if I was Sofia, I wouldn't want to waste time on a very likely failed cycle at 42/43. She's got the eggs....and it will give her a better shot. I think she froze them at 39 or 40 which still means they are better than her current eggs. Really exciting. I know a lot of women can't wait for the data to start coming out!
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!


    Twitter: @Griffiths1214

    If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

    Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

    click to visit my blog:


  7. #26
    squishy27
    has no status.
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    16 days till i start progynova. .so exited and nervous. I keep telling self il be happy if the egg just fertalize which will be furthest me and dh have gotten. Do u get side effects from progyanova anyone?


  8. #27
    HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tri-state
    Posts
    2,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Hi squishy,

    I haven't taken Progyanova, but since it is an estrogen supplement, I would imagine any side effects would be similar to taking birth control pills or having PMS. Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for you that the eggs fertilize
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!


    Twitter: @Griffiths1214

    If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

    Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

    click to visit my blog:


  9. #28
    lilone2
    has no status.
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peeb2954 View Post
    Hi I will be using my two frozen eggs the end of this month. Having a polyp removed Monday. AF due Jan 31st.
    Peeb, Just wondering if you have started the process now, after AF? When is your thaw date?


  10. #29
    squishy27
    has no status.
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 more days of bcp togo then wen af comes start progyanova.exiting.where is everyone else at in their cycle?


  11. #30
    lilone2
    has no status.
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by squishy27 View Post
    4 more days of bcp togo then wen af comes start progyanova.exiting.where is everyone else at in their cycle?
    Not long now, Squishy! How long do they expect it to be after you start the progyanova?


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 02:53 PM
  2. Help! Has anyone used frozen eggs from World Egg Bank?!
    By pregohope in forum Donor Issues (Egg & Sperm)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 06:57 AM
  3. Questions re frozen eggs, cycling out of state, etc
    By quierobebe in forum Donor Issues (Egg & Sperm)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
  4. Frozen Eggs vs. Fresh Cycle
    By sunny-day in forum Donor Issues (Egg & Sperm)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 10:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISCLAIMER: Fertile Thoughts allows advertisers to publish information about their services. Fertile Thoughts does not provide medical advice or endorse any particular service or approach to treating infertility. We encourage people to learn as much as possible about the range of options available before committing to any one. We also encourage users to share their thoughts on all fertility options on our forums.

Forum Stats

  • Forum Members: 97,606
  • Total Threads: 352,301
  • Total Posts: 4,534,772
There are 175 users currently browsing forums.

Advertisement

Visit Our Partner Sites: Fertility Treatments