FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Egg warmming cycle from my own frozen eggs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    lilone2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Squishy, when you thaw five and plan to do an eSET, what do you do with any other embryos that fertilize? Will they re-freeze them or will it affect them (being frozen and thawed twice, that is). This was something that I was thinking about the other day. If they can't re-freeze embryos that were frozen as eggs then I would have a hard time deciding how many to thaw.
    Likes HelpAtFertilityAuthority liked this post

2. Advertisement

squishy27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lilone2, my clinic said if there are any extra embryos still going well after eset they will freeze them. We are doing eset coz the doc wont let us put two in coz of my age 27..ect.
    I havent realy thought about the fact that they will be refrezzed but im just hoping for 1 good emby day 3.

can anyone help?
    I was due af two days ago and to start bcp to time my cycle for march.but af is late. Not pg.
    I can screw up timming coz flights are already booked.

agr72
    Wants to get this show on the road!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Frozen eggs have been used successfully for a few years for donor egg cycles. In a frozen egg donor cycle, a young woman goes thru IVF, eggs are collected, and then frozen. After they are frozen, another woman picks that donor, the eggs are thawed, fertilized and an embryo or two transferred. Extra embryos are frozen.

It's different (and a lot easier) to freeze an embryo than an egg. I don't think they would refreeze eggs that have already been frozen, but there is no issue with freezing embryos that came from frozen eggs. In the forums I have seen many pregnancies and live births from frozen embryos that came from frozen donor eggs.
    Me: 42, AMH = 0.32
    DH: 39
    DS - born 7/12 from IUI No. 2

Trying for No. 2
    IVF 1 - May 2013
    6 eggs, 3 fertilized and made to day 5 blast
    Transfer 1 Grade A - BFP - missed m/c at 8 weeks

FET - 11/27/13 - 2 frosties - BFN
    Frozen DE cycle - April 2014 - BFN
    One last shot...Fresh DE at Shady Grove
    Transfer 1 EBCC embryo 11/28/14 - BFP!
    Likes lilone2 liked this post

squishy27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    agr72- thats good to know hopefully we have one to transfer and at keast one to freeze but id be happy as long as we get to transfer .

I rang my RE nurse they said to start bcp when my period comes then stop on the 22nd feb anyways. Hopefully af turns up soon so my pms syptoms can get lost lol

So where are you ladies up to in the proccess of your cycle? Any one planning to fertalize there eggs in march?

lilone2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by squishy27 View Post
    So where are you ladies up to in the proccess of your cycle? Any one planning to fertalize there eggs in march?
    I just froze last month and I'm not ready to use them yet but I'm deeply interested in your process for when I do. I'm 38 now so I expect it won't be so very long before I need them I'm not really clear on what the prep is. After BCP will you be on any meds to get your body ready or are they just waiting for the part of your cycle where your body will do it naturally?

squishy27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    lilone2 .i start bcp with af.till 22nd wen next af then on the 22 i start proganova and then once the eggs fertalize i start estragen meds. So just 3 tablets no injections
    They can do it without bcp if u have a regular cycle.

HelpAtFertilityAuthority
    has no status.
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by lilone2 View Post
    Squishy, when you thaw five and plan to do an eSET, what do you do with any other embryos that fertilize? Will they re-freeze them or will it affect them (being frozen and thawed twice, that is). This was something that I was thinking about the other day. If they can't re-freeze embryos that were frozen as eggs then I would have a hard time deciding how many to thaw.
    Great questions! I think that would be a deciding factor for me too. Glad to hear they are freezing the remaining embryos
    IVF w/ICSI in April 2010=TWINS!
    SCH, IC, emergency cerclage at 22 weeks
    PTL at 32 weeks, made it to 36 weeks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby #3: PCOS, 9% morphology
    Provera and Pregnitude!

Twitter: @Griffiths1214

If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

click to visit my blog:

squishy27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Af turned up finally ..Starting bcp today ya 5 weeks till we put my eggs with my dh sperm.im so exited ya!
    Likes HelpAtFertilityAuthority liked this post

lilone2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by squishy27 View Post
    Af turned up finally ..Starting bcp today ya 5 weeks till we put my eggs with my dh sperm.im so exited ya!
    And so it begins!!!!

bmf1978
    Hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. Sorry for barging in. I'm starting an egg freezing cycle next month, and I'm very nervous. I'm finding it very difficult to find answers to my questions online. Wondering about the experiences of others. I'm planning on doing my first cycle at a fertility clinic in NYC. I'm 36 yo, recently divorced, and I have low ovarian reserve. I conceived naturally, and very quickly, right before my divorce...but miscarried at 10 weeks. Anyway, I feel like I need to get moving. My FSH is high and I always seem to have a low antral follicle count. Right now, I'm mostly anxious about the cost of egg freezing! I'm wondering, for those who have insurance that covers IVF, but not egg freezing, did your insurance cover ANY part of the process of egg freezing. Medications? Scans? Bloodwork? Or did you have to pay for every single thing out of pocket? The billing department at my clinic is clueless. I know that everyone's insurance is different, but I'm just curious.
    Then, of course, I'm nervous about the process, success, etc. So much to think about.
    Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry that I threadjacked!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast