FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
New here- nervous but researching

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    JessMarie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

New here- nervous but researching

Hi everyone,

My name is Jess. I just turned 30 and seeing as my serious boyfriend and I broke up a couple of months ago, it doesn't look like marriage or babies are in my near future. I had my annual visit with my obgyn last week and he made a joke about me having babies and said something about freezing my eggs. Since then I have been Googling the process and it just makes me really nervous, you know? I have no idea how much it costs, what is involved....it just seems so sci-fi. I keep wavering between OK lets do this and Nevermind I will deal with it when the time comes (my fertility). What made you decide to freeze your eggs? How much does it cost to freeze eggs? How do I find a doctor that could do it? How do I even know who to trust...not like a quick check up this sounds like a big surgery.

thanks

Jess

2. Advertisement

JessMarie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to mention I called my insurance company, Aetna, and they don't cover it. Do any insurances cover egg freezing?

JayAtFertilityAuthority
    is caffeinated!
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Hi JessMarie!

Thank you again for your egg freezing inquiry and your interest in EggBanxx. It's a very common request these days and quite a smart one too!

In general, the cost can run from $6,500 on the low end to $18,000 on the high end. It depends where you're located, which clinic you go to and what egg freezing includes. The prices would roughly include the medical fees, science fees and service fees, as well as the first year of storage (which costs approximately $1 a day or several hundred dollars each year). Insurance typically doesn't cover egg freezing.

There is a financing product new to the market through Fertility Authority called EggBanxx. It would save you around 40% on egg freezing costs and you can finance your cycles which sincerely would be very helpful. The only qualification you would need is to have a credit score of 650 or higher.

Feel free to email me so I can get more information but how it works in general is I would arrange a consultation for you to see one of the doctors in our network and the doctor will take a thorough medical history, do an exam and some testing, and ask you to have blood work drawn on day 3 of your menstrual cycle. ​ If he or she says you are a good candidate for egg freezing, you're good to go!

That's the quick overview but please feel free to email me at jay@fertilityauthority.com to get more details. Any which way, good luck and please let me know if/how I can help!

JessMarie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you JayAtFertilityAuthority. I will send you an email. I live in southern New Jersey. Are there any doctors that participate in your eggbanxx program? I think I will look at the financing option too since I don't have $18,000 sitting around. Yikes! And I thought college was expensive!

JayAtFertilityAuthority
    is caffeinated!
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Actually, we have several clinics in your area that you can choose from. And I would love $18,000 sitting around!

If your credit score is 650, you will qualify for financing but I'll go over all of that when you email!
    Director of Patient Care with FertilityAuthority.com and Proud IVF Mom and Blogger!
    Check out my blog,
    The Two Week Wait!

jay@fertilityauthority.com

If you need information on multi-cycle savings and financing for IVF or egg freezing, contact our Patient Care Advocates for help or send us a message on our Facebook page.

Get Fertile Thoughts on your phone: Click for iPhone OR Android

JessMarie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thanks, JayAtFertilityAuthority! Lucky for me I have good credit so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll email you. Thanks again.

Jess

Angela 34
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!
    Jess, I'm just a little bit surprised at your "positive" outlook!
    You're a young lady having so many things ahead! Better partners as well) Sorry..
    Everything is done for better. I felt the same when having broken up with my half at 29 yo. What a silly thing I was! In a year I've met a wonderful boy willing to make me happy whatever the cost was. But this is not the story for this post.
    We had tried to conceive for 2 years. Then asked different doctors for help. After IUI failure we just wanted to find some really knowing clinic where our problem could be clarified.
    Visiting biotexcom was the most impressive thing we've ever had. There the real reason for our fertility issue was established - fallopian tubes blockage and low egg quality! This is why the tried IUI wasn't the variant for us!
    We went through DE ivf in the clinic. Today we are lucky to do our parenting job!
    I'm not sure you need freeze your eggs now. If you don't have any fertility issue then why should you do this! But still if you absolutely for the idea, feel free just to make a call to any clinic. They'll tell you all the details.
    Wish your private life is better soon. And you remember this like a thing from the past!

noanoa
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    Sorry, I can't help with experiences and the process, but you can check eg here
    Last edited by noanoa; 02-02-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Eveline
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Jess! I don't think you have to think about these things right now. You're still young and it's not the matter you've broken up with your partner. There will be definitely another one, the better one The point is that you shouldn't go into panic. Just take time to relax and prepare your body properly for the future pregnancy. I don't think lovely ladies like you might stay lonely for a long time - keep that positive outlook. And try not to make any decisions in haste. You have plenty of time and I truly believe egg freezing is not for you now.
    Anyway wish you all luck in the world xx