FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Worried

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ivfquestions
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Worried

Hi all—I’m in the midst of an RBA cycle from frozen donor eggs. We had 12 eggs to begin with. Nine fertilized. On Monday, we transferred one very high quality expanded blastocyst (AA grade, I think). The lab froze two more early blastocysts that day and kept six under observation for possible day-six freezing. But by day six, all of the remaining six had stopped developing, so they discarded all of them. I’m glad that the embryo that they transferred was very good quality and that there were two blasts to freeze on day five, but it doesn’t seem great that all six remaining embryos stopped developing. Is that a bad sign for my chances for success with the embryo that they transferred?

I'm now at 3dp5dt and feeling zero symptoms. Nothing. I took an HPT and it was of course negative.

The donor is 23 years old and was unproven, and she was from an affiliate clinic. I took a chance on her—we even bought two lots of eggs!—because the folks at MEB said she looked remarkably similar to me, but now I am kicking myself. We just barely met the guarantee, and now I feel like we've wasted our hard-earned money.

2. Advertisement

Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hi, at 33 y/o, I had 12 or 13 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, transfered 2 day 3 and was successful. One made it to blastacyst but no success when transfered. In 2015 at 37 y/o same retrieved 7 fertilized. One transfered, only one to freeze. Success with both. My point all it takes is one.

Wishing you the best. Sticky vibes and baby dust to you.
    ME - 38, DH - 45
    IVF - 01/12, ER - 06 Feb, ET - 09 Feb
    BETA #1 - 80.3 (12dp3dt), #2 - 183.6 (15dp3dt) - b/g twins
    Ruptured Membrane 06/16/12 - Maximus
    Born at 23 weeks 03 July 12 - 23 July 12 - Anaya
    FET - March 2014 - BFN
    IVF 2 - 08/2015, ER - 13 Aug, ET 18 Aug
    BETA #1 - 84 (9dp5dt), #2 - 225 (11dp5dt), #3 - 1303 (15dp5dt) - 4/15/16
    FET2 - around 26 Jun 17
    Thanks ivfquestions thanked for this post

ivfquestions
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much. That gives me hope!

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hi, best of luck and hope the emby sticks...

Although you are using donor eggs from unproven but very young donor, there are no guarantees. Please remember that sperm and egg make an embryo and your husband's health, genes and etc is also a great variable.
    Instead of worrying yourself sick that you may have wasted money, sit back and relax till test day, think happy thoughts and think how absolutely grateful you will be to your donor if the cycle is successful and you hold your beautiful bundle of joy in 9 months.

I did 8 IVFs of which 6 transfers and I CAN SAY that the TWW were the most psychologically damaging and traumatising time I experienced.

Best of luck and may the 10 days fly. You have 50 / 50 chances of getting a BFP, hang in there a little longer!

ivfquestions
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much—I really appreciate your thoughtful reply!

Patient-One
    LET THE JOURNEY CONTINUE!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfquestions View Post
    Thanks so much. That gives me hope!
    My recommendation you are "pregnant until proven otherwise" aka PUPO. Try not to worry, think positive and tell that embie to stick and grow.
    ME - 38, DH - 45
    IVF - 01/12, ER - 06 Feb, ET - 09 Feb
    BETA #1 - 80.3 (12dp3dt), #2 - 183.6 (15dp3dt) - b/g twins
    Ruptured Membrane 06/16/12 - Maximus
    Born at 23 weeks 03 July 12 - 23 July 12 - Anaya
    FET - March 2014 - BFN
    IVF 2 - 08/2015, ER - 13 Aug, ET 18 Aug
    BETA #1 - 84 (9dp5dt), #2 - 225 (11dp5dt), #3 - 1303 (15dp5dt) - 4/15/16
    FET2 - around 26 Jun 17