FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Egg Donations: Anonymous, Friend/Relative Or Open Arrangement?

TheEx.Prophet
    :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Egg Donations: Anonymous, Friend/Relative Or Open Arrangement?

Hi all,

Exciting news! I just finalized my contract with my egg donor and in the contract we both agreed in an open arrangement/relationship, where we will exchange personal contact and allow for the child to meet the donor at various given times in the child's life.

I'm curious on what other IP's working with egg donors have chosen and perhaps their justifications for it. For those of you working with egg donors, have you chosen a completely anonymous donor, a friend/relative or an open arrangement?
    28 Year Old
    East Coast, United States
    Single Intended Father, Pursuing Surrogacy With Egg Donor

Subscribe To My YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmR..._as=subscriber
    Likes Romy69 liked this post

2. Advertisement

jlsmit20
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. A bit different but we just finalized our contract with our recipients for embryo adoption and chose an open arrangement also. I'm super excited for the journey with them as I'm sure you are also.
    Me: 25 PCOS
    DH: 25 Low morphology

2014 Failed cycles; 6 Clomid, 2 IUI's, 1 Femara
    06/15 IVF#1: 15R, 14M, 14F, 7 frozen
    Transferred 2 (4AA blasts)
    9dp5dt beta 41, 102
    TWINS!!!
    6w3d U/S only one sac
    7w4d Diagnosed as blighted ovum
    (07/21/15) 7w4d Induced M/C
    09/15 FET #1 BFP 8dp6dt 116
    Archer Lee born at 37.4 via C section

Surprise 02/12/17!
    Due 10/17- Boy; Oliver

NurPractitioner
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hi! We are just fininshing up legal now. I am so excited, scared...full of emotion but good emotions. I am doing a known donor contract. It was through an agency but I asked to meet her. My husband was not really crazy about this and didn't want to be known. We don't share the same lastname and we were married in Italy, so it won't be as easy to find him but this day in age everything can be found. lol. I wanted to be known and more importantly I wanted to know who she is. We plan to meet sometime before I transfer this summer through our agency;however, she starts cycling next week! When we do meet I have a gift for her and a letter. It will probably be the only time that we will meet. She has no desire to meet future children, which is certainly understandable. Congrats on finding a match and having it all fall in place!
    PCOS and Tubal Issues
    Him--perfect
    1st IVF OE in 2015 in Barbados; 15 retreived, 2 made it for transfer, none for freeze=BFN
    2nd DE 4/2018--donor canceled due to poor stim
    3rd-5/2018 using my own eggs
    result= 21 retreived, 17 fertilized, day 6= 6 to PGS test, 3 Perfect embies frozen
    4th 8/2018 using my own eggs. Hoping to bank more embies!

Ririand
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, my friends chose an anonymous donor, they were in one of the Ukrainian clinics. You know, I'm very surprised by your decision. I'm very surprised that you want to communicate with the donor and allow the child to communicate with the donor. I do not know if it's right, but it's your choice. My friends decided not to tell the child that he was born with the help of donor sperm. But, I admire your will power, your kindness. I hope you will be fine.
    Likes Molina12340 liked this post