FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Interested in Embryo Donation... how can I learn more?

hopefulLiz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested in Embryo Donation... how can I learn more?

Hello,
    My husband and are interested in learning more about embryo adoption. We are at the beginning of our fertility journey in terms of TTC, but I've had lots of endocrine issues since I was a teen, so in another sense i'm not new to the fertility journey at all. I'm 26. he is almost 26, and I have pretty mild non classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia (blood work is similar to someone with PCOS- high levels of male hormones). Regardless of this, I have regular menstrual cycles (currently- i used to also have hypothalamic amenorrhea for several years, and frequented that wonderful board here on fertile thoughts, but I got my period back 3 years ago and it's been regular ever since), but it's been several cycles and we aren't pregnant yet. We plan to get testing to see if there is anything else wrong with me or DH, but regardless of if treatment works or not, we would love to adopt embryos someday. We plan to not do treatments for that long before looking into this, because I don't want to be one of those couples where TTC is my life for 10 years; We'd love a child just as much whether or not it was biologically related to us. I love how it's affordable (seems from a RE it's only 3,000$ or so which is so doable). Also, we don't feel comfortable w/ IVF because of the ethical dilemma of if there were embryos left over- this is the perfect solution. We both love this idea, and have thought of doing it sooner rather than later; kind of takes some pressure off of TTC in my mind. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources for this and clinics where you can do this in the NJ/NY area (we live in central NJ). Also, could anyone provide any other insight about the process and the likelihood of it working?

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by hopefulLiz; 11-13-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    26 y/o and DH also 26 ; TTC since April 2016
    Me: Non classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia and mild PCOS; recovered from past hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: Perfect
    https://hopefulmammabunny.wordpress.com

2. Advertisement

BC-tammylj
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been through it and will come back later when I'm at a computer but this website might be helpful

Embryos Available For Adoption | Embryo Donation Clinics | Embryo Adoption Clinics - Embryo Adoption Awareness Center
    Tammy: 43
    DH: 46

06/10-IVF#1 3x3dt, 1 frostie BFP
    01/12-10/12: 2 FETs-Cx, IVF#2-(1) 1PN arrested Cx
    01/13-FET#3 1x6dt Boy M/C

Donor Embryo
    1st match: 12/14-FET#4 2x6dt BFN
    2nd match: 06/15-FET#5 Cx, 07/15-Salpingectomy (hydros), 08/15-FET#6 1x6dt Girl BFN, 09/15-FET#7 2x6dt Girls BFN, 10/15-FET#8 1x6dt Boy M/C
    3rd match: 05/16-FET#9 2x6dt Chem
    Double Donor: ~03/17-FET#10 2x5dt BF?
    Thanks hopefulLiz thanked for this post
    Likes hopefulLiz liked this post

hopefulLiz
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much! I'd love to hear your experience!!
    26 y/o and DH also 26 ; TTC since April 2016
    Me: Non classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia and mild PCOS; recovered from past hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: Perfect
    https://hopefulmammabunny.wordpress.com

SergeD
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Liz, sorry to hear your story. You think about it twice as the left embryos are of worse quality, as the best ones are implanted first, you know. Moreover, you cannot be sure, whether they are 100% healthy, even the PGD cannot be done with the frozen embryos, and who will give you fresh embryos? I guess, nobody...You`d better think about your own embryos, take the donor`s eggs and your husband`s biological material, this is just my point of view, wish you good luck in any case.

jlsmit20
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    CNY is a wonderful wonderful clinic in New York. I highly recommend looking into them.
    Me: 25 PCOS
    DH: 25 Low morphology

2014 Failed cycles; 6 Clomid, 2 IUI's, 1 Femara
    06/15 IVF#1: 15R, 14M, 14F, 7 frozen
    Transferred 2 (4AA blasts)
    9dp5dt beta 41, 102
    TWINS!!!
    6w3d U/S only one sac
    7w4d Diagnosed as blighted ovum
    (07/21/15) 7w4d Induced M/C
    09/15 FET #1 BFP 8dp6dt 116
    Archer Lee born at 37.4 via C section

Surprise 02/12/17!
    Due 10/17- Boy; Oliver

BC-tammylj
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry for not coming back to this. I haven't been able to login for ages.

If you like, PM me and I can add you to a secret group on FB. Lots of info there!

CNY has a donor program and it is very affordable but I'm not sure of the current wait list.
    Tammy: 43
    DH: 46

06/10-IVF#1 3x3dt, 1 frostie BFP
    01/12-10/12: 2 FETs-Cx, IVF#2-(1) 1PN arrested Cx
    01/13-FET#3 1x6dt Boy M/C

Donor Embryo
    1st match: 12/14-FET#4 2x6dt BFN
    2nd match: 06/15-FET#5 Cx, 07/15-Salpingectomy (hydros), 08/15-FET#6 1x6dt Girl BFN, 09/15-FET#7 2x6dt Girls BFN, 10/15-FET#8 1x6dt Boy M/C
    3rd match: 05/16-FET#9 2x6dt Chem
    Double Donor: ~03/17-FET#10 2x5dt BF?
    Thanks hopefulLiz thanked for this post
    Likes hopefulLiz liked this post

purjo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi there Tammy could you add me to the secret fb page please Pjo
    Me 43 Hubby 47
    PCO, Endo, to many OHS with every cycle
    16 cycle own eggs 3 BioPg 2 different egg donor1BioPg
    searching for Donor Embryos

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't go with an agency because they charge money. We actually had leftover embryos from our last IVF done with donor eggs and since our family was complete after the birth of our 2nd son we decided to contact the surrogacy agency we had used and we asked them to find us a couple like us who had been through EVERYTHING... failed IUI's, failed IVF's, failed donor egg cycles, falled adoption, etc... We donated our last embryos to the couple but they were not successful getting pregnant. They ultimately adopted twins. Nothing charged to them by us and nothing charged to them by the surrogacy agency. Only cost were minor legal fees to transfer ownership of embryos. So I would contact an IVF clinic to see if there are any couples with leftover embryos or contact a surrogacy agency.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)
    Likes Romy69 liked this post

Patrik
    hope makes me alive

Post Thanks / Like
    Some clinics perform everything for egg donation procedure and not require any agency. Clinic may have own egg donor database for instance. At least this was in my case, the clinic provided me an access to theit database so I could choose an egg donor. I believe I am not the one The same thing is about surrogacy, I know a few clnics that do legal part as well. It's not a usual thing but such client-oriented companies seem attractive to me.

Ririand
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I hope you are doing well! We were in one of the Ukrainian clinics. But, we did not need adoption of embryos. But, there we met one Chinese couple who needed it. As far as I know, in the Ukrainian clinic it cost them cheaper. My husband and I are in contact with them now. Therefore, if you still need this information, then I can get the details from our friends.