FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Egg donation as an option

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DonnyM
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a little bit stressed because of this and don't want to miscalculate with the clinic. I would like to belive in good reviews of any reproductive clinic, but in my thoughts I have doubts "what if..."
    What if the clinic helps all them, but not me?
    What if I expect for that, I'll never get?
    What if I'll give up?

Awful doubts.

2. Advertisement

StephJ
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyM View Post
    I am a little bit stressed because of this and don't want to miscalculate with the clinic. I would like to belive in good reviews of any reproductive clinic, but in my thoughts I have doubts "what if..."
    It's ok to have such doubts, I'm an excellent example of this. But don't be afraid of certain failure, I'm sure you'll do all your best in your decisions. Just analize and check all information you got.

Maybe you are too anxious about things, that may never happen. It will be logical to contact with the clinic and ask all your questions you have.
    Good lucky!
    Thanks DonnyM thanked for this post

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Donny, I'm sorry for all your heartache. IF just sux....BUT, here is some tough love

The reality: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE BEST CLINIC, WITH THE BEST DOCTORS AND THE BEST PRICES!!!! You'll waste your life searching for one and drain yourself emotionally and physically doing it.
    Each patient goes into the clinic with unique issues and even though some have the same problems on paper with many other variables to match, the outcomes may be totally different.
    You have a few "IFs" and a lot of anxiety that is building up. Have you thought of seeing a IF counsellor for a couple of sessions?

Unfortunately, no one can give you a guarantee that you'll walk away with a baby. It is heart breaking because we build our hopes up and if it doesn't work, we are crushed just the same whether it is the 1st or 10th time. Some clinics do give you back some / most of the money after 5 unsuccessful cycles which is very noble but this is as good as it gets.

We did 8 IVFs all together with 7 BFNs until we succeeded 10 years later using a GS. That was my most horrid experience ever and on the 8th time I actually had a break down and told DH that this is it...no more injections (did over 1200 over the years)! Tx goodness it worked.

GL, try to relax and see which clinic and prices suit you best!
    Thanks DonnyM, ahay3, swiftmood thanked for this post

DonnyM
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you are right girls
    I am exhausted emotionally and physically because of this issues
    My husband said, that we have no time to postpone our decision. To tell you the truth, I was a little bit shocked hearing such words. I didn't expect to see confidence in him.
    Hope we will overcome all troubles and I'll hold my little baby in my arms.

Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Donny,IF sux but some of us have to face it....I totally admire your and DH courage and whole heartedly wish that one day very, very soon you hold your baby/ies in your arms. It's well worthed the heartache and the tears!!!!

Eveline
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, ladies! Would recommend looking onto surroparents.org. It deals with egg donation and surrogacy. Moreover they offer free consultations. So this might be a good chance to have a private talk with their patient coordinator in London. Our journey started with the site. In a couple of days we signed the agreements with the clinic we passed de ivf in. Long ago I was diagnosed on endo and pcos. I'm 38, eggs undergone aging - they won't do with ivf. So we were recommended de. Taking into consideration our medical history and 1.7 ttc we booked 5 shots program. It's confirmed with the guarantee. If you fail to get pregnant 5 times they refund money paid.
    We experienced treatment overseas and I'm sure it's more attractive financially than doing it for ex. in UK. We had our attempts, all meds and the guaranteed result for 9900 euro only! And this is so easy to check the prices on their sites.
    Hope this helps. Good luck

Julienne Avare
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Here are some general myths about pregnancy in your 40s:
    1 You can only have a baby using your own eggs.
    According to the respected medical journal, Fertility and Sterility, 40-year-old women treated for infertility have a 25 percent chance of achieving pregnancy using their own eggs. By age 43 that number drops to 10 percent, and by 44 it becomes 1.6 percent. For those who are unable to use their own eggs, the good news is that women can achieve pregnancy success using donor eggs regardless of her age. Women at 40 using donor egg give birth at a rate of roughly 45 percent, a success rate higher than younger women using their own eggs. The high success rate for recipients using egg donation does not decline with age.
    2 If I'm starting menopause, I can't have a baby.
    There is about a 10-year phase of perimenopause that precedes the complete cessation of menstrual function, known as menopause. The quality of a woman's eggs during this time is significantly reduced and the chances of conceiving decline sharply. The chance of a miscarriage, for those who do conceive, is significantly increased. For women beginning perimenopause, which includes the months or years preceding menopause, a pregnancy may still be possible. A pregnancy will depend on where your body is at in the perimenopausal process. To increase the chances of success and save time, both parties should undergo basic fertility testing.
    3 Having a baby with donor egg doesn't make you the biological mom.
    The egg donor is a genetic donor who provides the egg cell and half of the DNA in the creation of each baby, but the woman who carries the pregnancy provides the biological environment to allow the embryo and baby to thrive. The woman who intends to parent is the true mother of the child. Motherhood is a conscious choice, regardless of how a baby is conceived or born.
    My mother's friend have a son when she was 38 which is quite normal in the Europe. She tries for a second time when she was 42 and subsequently went on to have three miscarriages one at 43, 44 and 45. Was devastated and fell into deep depression. Blamed herself for not trying sooner. Then she asked for help at "First Egg Bank" sperm bank and it worked! She got pregnant at 45 with egg donation. So, good luck for you, be happy to have a baby soon."

David777
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, ma name id David and I'm working as account manager in surrogacy clinics (Ukraine). If you need any help, I can help you. Our clinics are very famous and most programs we make for people abroad. In Ukraine all programs are cheaper than anywhere and we not inferior to the quality, we have a huge database of donors from which you can choose suitable for you that will fit your phenotypic characteristics.

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    If someone wants to need more about de in Ukraine, I came across this report- ivf egg donation Ukraine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12