FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Just started donor egg journey

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Missy1978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Just started donor egg journey

This is my first post. I'm just looking for people in a similar situation as myself or someone that has already been through it. My husband is about to be 42 and I just turned 38. In the past year we have had one six week MC and one heartbreaking 10 week MMC after hearing a strong heartbeat. Since then I was diagnosed with DOR (DH is fine). We decided to go for what would give us the best opportunity to have a child, Fresh DE IVF.

I'm a bit Type A so I'm having a real issue coping with something that is, for the most part, out of my hands. Especially when it is something that I've always so desperately wanted in my life. We've already went in for our psych evaluation and have chosen our donor. Now we wait until some sort of timeline is given.

Can I ask, what was your experience with IVF with DE? Anyone going through it now? If you went through it and it was successful, how many tries did it take (if it worked at all).

I'd appreciate any feedback!

2. Advertisement

TinaRuss
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Missy! I'm currently 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant with fraternal twins. I used donor eggs and got pregnant on my second IVF cycle. With my first cycle I used frozen donor eggs from an egg bank. The second time I did a fresh donor cycle IVF cycle.

Missy1978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's wonderful! Congratulations!!!!!!

Just to clarify (again, new to all of this) what did each cycle entail? How many attempts in each cycle?

Also, did your RE advise you to use one egg or two? Sorry for all of the questions! Lol!!!

TinaRuss
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem. I understand being new to this, it can be overwhelming.

I've noticed that some REs have different protocols for cycles. With both of my attempts my medication protocol included the use of birth control, Lupron injections, Estrace, progesterone in oil injections as well as well progesterone suppositories. The first cycle I only did one attempt. There were no embryos left over to freeze. On the second cycle I got pregnant on the first attempt and I still have 4 frozen embryos left.

With a fresh IVF cycle, my RE gave me the choice of transferring either 1 or 2 embryos. Before transfer day she call me to let me know what the percentages were if I transferred 1 and if I transferred 2. I think that the percentage was if I transferred 1 was like an 83% chance of having a singleton and if I transferred 2 embryos, there was like a 50% chance of having twins.

Each clinic has different stats. I've also noticed that some clinics are more successful with FETs and some are more successful in fresh transfers.

I'm wishing you the best in your donor IVF journey!
    Thanks Missy1978 thanked for this post
    Likes Missy1978 liked this post

fpancone
    ANXIOUS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Missy!

I was diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure last summer. This means I spent the last year going through menopause at 26! My husband and I decided late last year that we are definitely going to be parents, and donor egg IVF is our first stop! We deposited on our Donor in January and will be cycling with her in June. I'm going to be starting my medication on June 1st and hopefully she will do her retrieval around June 14th, and we can do the procedure around 5 days after! She has done five fresh cycles before us and currently four of the five have resulted in pregnancy. So my clinic has an 80% success rate with this donor. Everything is coming so quickly. I'm optimistic but I have not done any type of IVF cycles yet, as once I went off my birth control we figured out pretty quickly something was wrong. My period never came back after my birth control, so we were never able to start trying for a baby before my diagnosis. So I'm a first timer here too! I understand it's a very hard pill to swallow hearing you won't have children with your DNA, but I've read a lot about Epigenetics (I urge you to Google this if you're having a hard time accepting the donor egg route.) If you want to email me, we can keep in contact and go through this journey together. Wishing you the BEST of luck xo

Missy1978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your reply, fpancone. I would love to keep in touch throughout our journeys! I'm not sure I could have waited as long as you have from the time you made the decision to actually having the procedure done. We just picked our donor last week and I wish we were having it done yesterday. Patience has never been one of my known virtues.

I did read up on epigenetics (thank you) which is comforting but I really had no reservations when it came to using donor eggs. I'll be carrying this baby for 9 months (God willing) so it will be 100% my child. Oh, yeah, and my husbands, too.
    Missy

4/15 CP
    1/16 MMC 10 Wks
    4/16 Diagnosed with DOR
    -Starting IVF with Fresh DE

fpancone
    ANXIOUS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad you didn't have reservations. The day after I found out about my POF an article about a woman using donor eggs showed up in my
    News feed randomly (or because The Big Guy knew I needed to see it) and I will always remember a quote from it: "My son may have her chin and when I see it I will be thankful for her, but I grew him and have him life and no one will ever be able to tell me he's not my child." And then I just knew it was the right thing to do. I have no idea how we waited this long either?! We were set on a March cycle but our deposit was literally a day late and someone filled our spot so we had to wait for her June cycle. But we're almost there! Do you know when you'll be starting your cycle?! Feel free to email me at fpancone@hotmail.com if
    You want! My name is Faith, by the way
    Thanks Missy1978 thanked for this post

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Fpancone , I have to say that brought alittle tear to my eye..I am so thankful to our donar, I pray for her family daily ,
    Missy1978 , I did frozen egg donor process in March. I had a chemical, but we are doing our frozen one in August.. with frozen , I didn't have to wait to be on same cycles so it was way faster, but I was one the pill for 28 days ,on day 25 I started luprin injections , then estragon patches,baby asprin, prenatals ,then day of egg thaw, I had lining test and stopped luprin and started progestrin and steroids(midrol)
    Me.44 tubes tied
    Dh.30 low count and motility
    1st defet: 3-21-2016 chimical

Eveline
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Missy! Firstly, I'm so terribly sorry for what you've faced and hard times you're still having I know how emotionally draining the process could be, but for us - it's emotional side wore than physical one, I should assume. We're currently passing DE IVF in Ukrainian clinic Biotexcom. It was not the simplest choice for our family definitely. Dealing with the completely new way of treatment and moving overseas we were expecting the things worse than they actually turned out to be. Well I cannot find the right words to describe how difficult it was for me to start realizing that I'll never have biologically related to me children. I'd been just an emotional wreck as I felt defected, angry, frustrated, miserable - all kinds of feelings that cannot make the situation better. So it took me quite a long time to cope with it and stop blaming myself. (Thanks to my super supportive husband of course.) So after the 1st app conducted, all papers signed, the process went on pretty fast. We've chosen our donor in 1.3 weeks and the donor matching program completed in 2 weeks. Also I remember the beginning of the treatment plan was uneasy as I have a huge phobia of needles. So I had my husband doing injections for first few days. Then again lovely ladies here advised wonderful tips I could do to make injections not so unbearable. Well, as every other couple we came to the clinic with a huge list of questions as for seems everything - lots as for the donor's requirements. We're in the program of 5 shots. One has been already done.. (I'm 38, DX - endo and PCOS, poor egg quality, DH is ok - both desperately want our life dream come true!!) Wish you all the best on this path. (Haven't mentioned the prices and package issues which are pretty attractive not to sound like add.) Be strong, keep positive and continue straggling - all babies deserve it.

Molina12340
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, this is my first time posting also. Missy1978, I will start my Lupron shots on June 13, and RE has me coming in on the 10th for a scratch test. This is my first IVF of any sort - I'm 42, husband is 38. We decided to try with frozen donor eggs right out of the gate since my age is a factor and we decided to go with the option that would give us the best chance of having a baby. We chose our donor last week, after searching for about a month. I have no reservations about using a donor, as I also believe any child I carry will be my baby (and husbands), but I'm worried about the side effects of the hormones and such. I'm hoping that by finding this board I'll have found others going through/having gone through this and understand how emotional it can all be.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast