FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Just started donor egg journey

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Missy1978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of you ladies, Molina and Faith, who are starting medication tomorrow! I have my fingers crossed that this is your month!!!!!
    Missy

4/15 CP
    1/16 MMC 10 Wks
    4/16 Diagnosed with DOR
    -Starting IVF with Fresh DE
    Thanks Molina12340 thanked for this post
    Likes Molina12340 liked this post

2. Advertisement

Melissa A
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi-
    Can totally relate so thought I'd jump in! My 3rd party appt is on June 29th. (w/ nurse coordinator, financial advisor, and genetics counselor) We've decided to use frozen DE with an assurance refund program. 6 cycles and if no take home baby, 100% refund.

We haven't met with anyone yet but since I signed up for the donor egg bank to view profiles and found a donor we liked, we chose her. I guess after the 3rd party appt, we process payment and the eggs get shipped? I have no idea.
    Any idea what meds I would need to take? What clinic does everyone go to? I go to RMA of NJ.

Missy- did you get your schedule yet? How long is the wait for fresh eggs? My clinic told us anywhere from 3 months to a year. We've been trying to conceive since 2010 with a lot of heart break and just don't want to wait that long.

It's great that there's so much support out there. The IF world seems so small outside of the internet.
    Me 36, Hubs 38
    2010-2015 7 IUIs, 3 IVFs= 2 ectopics, 2 CPs
    Moving to DE 2016

Molina12340
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Missy, how are things with you?

Missy1978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Molina, I am good! Just waiting waiting waiting. I've started bc but that's all so far. We have an appointment on the 21st for our nursing consult and my mock transfer. We still don't have a timeline, though. Are you ready to start all of your meds???
    Missy

4/15 CP
    1/16 MMC 10 Wks
    4/16 Diagnosed with DOR

Molina12340
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Missy, I'm happy to hear you're good! The waiting seems to be the hardest part of all this! I should probably know this, but what is the mock transfer? I'm trying to learn all the "lingo" that goes with this journey, so sorry for the question. I start my lupron on Sunday and I'm nervous. I had a scratch biopsy today and they said once I start the lupron and have my period they will give me a timeline. Thanks for the update!

Melissa A, we are doing a guarantee also and I wish it was as good as yours! Ours is up to 5 transfers and if they all fail we only get something like 50% back. I'm using RBA in Atlanta. By the sound of other stories everyone has a different medication protocol. I will be doing Lupron until they tell me to stop, progesterone, estrogen, some sort of steroid and an antibiotic.
    Last edited by Molina12340; 06-10-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Melissa A
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina12340 View Post
    Missy, I'm happy to hear you're good! The waiting seems to be the hardest part of all this! I should probably know this, but what is the mock transfer? I'm trying to learn all the "lingo" that goes with this journey, so sorry for the question. I start my lupron on Sunday and I'm nervous. I had a scratch biopsy today and they said once I start the lupron and have my period they will give me a timeline. Thanks for the update!

Melissa A, we are doing a guarantee also and I wish it was as good as yours! Ours is up to 5 transfers and if they all fail we only get something like 50% back. I'm using RBA in Atlanta. By the sound of other stories everyone has a different medication protocol. I will be doing Lupron until they tell me to stop, progesterone, estrogen, some sort of steroid and an antibiotic.

Molina- is your for fresh or frozen eggs? Ours is for frozen. The guarantee was something we were requiring in order to pay their costs. It definitely comes with a hefty price tag! I'm curious to see what happens after my 3rd party appt. After taking a year long break, I'm ready to get moving again. Can you tell me more about the scratch that you had? I've never had that done before and am wondering what purpose it serves.
    Me 36, Hubs 38
    Moving to DE 2016

Molina12340
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Melissa - we are doing a frozen donor, we picked her through myeggbank.com. If you don't mind my asking, what is a 3rd party appointment? As for the scratch test/biopsy - my understanding is the RE scrapes your uterine lining with a tub like thing to inflame it (it was like a slightly more painful pap), which is supposed to make it more conducive for an embryo to implant, I'm not sure why we did it so early, since I'm at least a month out from transfer (I haven't been given a schedule yet). I've read that most of the time it's done about day 21 of cycle before transfer, but it's one of the few things that seemed to be covered under our program and at this point I've put all of my trust and care into the RE's hands.

I see you have an appointment on the 29th of June and that this is a new clinic for you? How did you find the egg donor that you liked? How about the clinic? Just curious because I had no idea how to go about any of this, so we interviewed a couple different places so that I could get a feel for the doctors and once we found the clinic and RE we liked we had to be approved by a review committee in order to have access to the egg bank. And in order to be approved we had to do all sorts of testing. Once we were approved and picked out a donor - took about 2 weeks of looking at donors and reading all the info provided to find one that we liked - the ball has moved fairly quick. The day we chose the donor and paid, we received the list of meds they required of me. None of the meds are covered under the program at our clinic so I researched the cheapest and most convenient way to get them. That was 2 weeks ago and tomorrow we start the meds. So, once you meet with the clinic I hope it moves forward quickly for you!

I asked my RE yesterday how the eggs get to them and he said that once they get my hormones the way they want them they will schedule the transfer date and that's when they will be "shipped" right now they are in the central freezer I would assume. I was told they reserved 8 eggs and the nurse was happy about that, but I'm guessing it's because the egg's are from an unproven donor, which I'm okay with since she met pretty much all the "requirements" we were looking for.

We aren't telling anyone that we are doing any of this yet. Mostly for purely selfish reasons. We don't want the pressure of having to explain things to family and friends when none of them have gone through it, so I'm very thankful that this board is here and thankful that others are sharing their stories and progress, from the veterans to the newbies, it's helped me to know what questions to ask, what to expect from the meds and to share in the sadness and joy that comes with it.

Melissa A
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Molina, from what I understand, at the 3rd party appt we will meet with a nurse coordinator, financial advisor, and genetics counselor. I'm not really sure what will be discussed but they did tell me the appt could take up to 3.5 hrs. ��
    I'm guessing it'll be to make sure we're OK with using donor eggs, discuss the finances, and the nurse is there to discuss the process? IDK.

Hmm, I wonder if I'll get a scratch test too. I started off going to IVF NJ. During my break from everything (and to save money), they since merged with RMANJ. I actually feel really good about this because RMA is known for their excellent labs. So, I never had a scratch test before but now since they merged, I wonder if it's part of RMA's procedures.

Ya know, it's kind of funny how I chose my donor. Ever since my clinic told me they used DOnor Egg Bank of USA, I've been searching their site. I finally called and registered and got full access to all of the donors. On my own, I selected about 6 that I liked. 2 of which I really liked. Factors for me were eye color (husband and I both have blue eyes, I wanted her to have blue as well, height, education, similar physical attributes, but obviously no one will look exactly like you! Her family history was good as well. 4 grandparents in their 80's all alive and well. I let my husband look through all of them and he had 1 that he liked. It was one of my fav 2. I've been pretty open with using donor eggs because Ive been open about my long voyage of struggles. I get good support because in the end, my family knows how much this is wanted. I haven't been so open with friends. 1 or 2, and that's about it. Anyways, my younger brother wanted to check out the donors too. About 5 min later, he texted me a pic of the one he liked. Guess what? It was the one my husband chose and 1 of my top choices! I pressed the select button and that was it. They are now reserved for me. She's not proven either, but has a daughter of her own.

8 eggs is great! I think my lot is 7. It seems like it's going to go pretty fast. I'm feeling really positive about getting started and just trying to carry that attitude all the way through.

It's always nice to have some where to go and someone to talk to, especially when they are going through it too. As supportive as my family is, I don't always share the deep down hurt from my losses and surgeries and years of trying and watching my closest friends raise ther beautiful babies. So yes, that I only share with those have been through it. They're the ones that truly understand.

Is tomorrow Monday already? I don't understand where the weekend goes!

The process seems really quick!
    Me 36, Hubs 38
    Moving to DE 2016

Missy1978
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faith: Just wanted to check in and see how things are going? Have you had the IVF done yet??

Molina: the mock transfer is a practice run for the actual IVF to make sure everything will go smoothly when the time actually comes. I have that appointment tomorrow as well as my nursing consult which will hopefully give us a better idea of when everything will go down!!
    Missy

4/15 CP
    1/16 MMC 10 Wks
    4/16 Diagnosed with DOR
    Likes Molina12340 liked this post

Molina12340
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck tomorrow Missy!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast