FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Thinking about Embryo adoption....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    greeneyedgoddes
    excited about new possibilities
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thinking about Embryo adoption....

So, hubby and I have been married for almost 12 years. Trying to get pregnant for 10. IVF negative, FET negative, FET 2 Chemical pregnancy. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and I seem to respond to inject-able drugs but I really just think my eggs aren't that good. My doc hasn't brought up Embryo adoption but my hubby and I have been talking about it. We are totally on board, we really just want to be parents at this point, it doesn't really matter who the Bio parents are. My question is, has anyone with PCOS been unsuccessful with their own embies but successful with donor? They tell me my uterus is pretty perfect, nice lining and no issues, so I really think it is egg quality.
    Also there is a place in Knoxville that is a non-profit (national embryo donation center) and it is really close to my parents. The prices are amazing and worth the short trip. wondering if anyone has any experience with them.
    "And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul"
    ~Max Ehrmann~
    Likes Medicmedic liked this post

2. Advertisement

Medicmedic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angry
    I cannot speak to the local agency you are referring to, but I wanted to take a second to welcome you to the boards.

I have been working with donor egg for a while now, and while embryo donation is slightly different, it is still many of the same emotional aspects.

I truly hope you find the baby of your dreams with embryo donation. As always, we are here for you if you would like some support.

I am going to have one of the patient care advocates take a look at this board, and maybe they can chime in on some suggestions! They are WONDERFUL people that have all been through infertility themselves!
    Me- 41 Secondary Infertility, Hydrosalpinx, DH- 26 No known defects
    My Own Eggs- IVF 10/12 BFN, IVF 12/12 BFN, FET 1/13 BFN, IVF 2/13 BFN
    Donor Eggs- IVF 4/13 Frozen Eggs BFN, IVF 7/13 Fresh Donor eSet BFN, FET 8/13 BFN; FET eSET 10/13 BFN; FET of 2 11/13 BFP, first beta 304, second 1106, third 10246 (5w4d pg) u/s shows ONE bean!

My blog - Normal People Don't Talk About This

BC-MAV
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator for Surrogacy BB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is a long time to be ttc. I am sorry for all your losses. (((HUGS))) We ttc just as long... we were married 10 years before DS was born via surrogacy. We had many failed IUI's and failed IVF's. My FSH was always low and my eggs were always good quality and we made great embryos... just failed to implant in me.

So you have had 3 failed medicated IUI's, 1 failed fresh IVF, plus 2 failed FET? What is your FSH like? That would be important because if it's higher then your egg quality would not likely be as good. Also what did your Dr. or embryologist say about your egg quality on your IVF? They can tell a lot about your eggs from the IVF... straw or hay colored eggs are generally older and not as easily fertilizable. As far as PCOS, it generally manifests in women in their 30's and pregnancy is much harder after that.

We donated our extra embryos to another couple via the surrogacy agency. It was a couple like us who had been through everything and nothing worked. We didn't want a couple having to pay some exorbitant fee for our embryos through an organization. Sounds like you are ready to move on to donor embryos... What is the price since it's a non-profit? Good luck and if you have any question feel free to PM me or post here.
    MAV Mom to

B (17)
    A (12)

(4/99) (4/05)

Ririand
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, unfortunately I do not have information about this center. You know, we were never there. To solve our problem, we flew abroad. But, I can say that we managed to spend an acceptable amount and much less than we thought. Therefore, reasonable prices can be found in different reproductive centers. The main thing is to read and find out recommendations and feedback. But I wish you achieve your goals.

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    To solve our problem, we flew abroad. But, I can say that we managed to spend an acceptable amount and much less than we thought. Therefore, reasonable prices can be found in different reproductive centers. The main thing is to read and find out recommendations and feedback. But I wish you achieve your goals.
    we did the same, and it occurred much much cheaper
    ME - 36, DH - 45
    IVF #1 - 2017, BFN, no implantation
    IVF #2 - 2017, BFN
    changed clinics, 1st consulting - Gdansk, Poland