FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please share your DE succes stories.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Rachell
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thank you so much for sharing ladies. It really means a lot that you shared your stories. Sometimes it takes longer than we'd like for our babies to find us, but we have to hang in there. Congratulations on your beautiful lil ones! I had a DE bfn and a DE early loss, we are now awaiting a proven donor match. I still have many moments of doubt but they are so minimul compared to the love I will have for my sweetie/s when they arrive
    Me 41 DH 44
    Married 7/09 TTC since then
    Lap 1 - 10/10 hydro = tubal ligation + cervical dialation
    IVF - 12/10 BFN
    IVF - 3/11 poor response - cxld, cxld from warranty pgm
    Laps 2 & 3 - remove cysts 11/11, 3/12
    IVF (DE) - 5/12 BFN
    FET - 7/12 CP
    IVF (DE) - ET 2/5/13
    Beta 2/15 350, Beta 2/18 1421, 1st us 3/1 (6 wks 1d) TWINS!!!!

2. Advertisement

tracey27f
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all! I was just told today that donor eggs and donor sperm were my only shot after 3 failed IVF's with our eggs and sperm. I have asked my sister in the past if it came down to donor eggs would she give me hers and she said yes. Now that its more than an "if" she said she needs to think which I agree. Hopefully she will do this but if she doesn't has anyone researched the cost of adoption vs. donor eggs? Also, can I find a donor on my own? Are there websites for this?

I'm envisioning myself hanging out at Starbucks approaching strange women asking for eggs. LOL. I just don't know how this works. Any help?????
    Me 37 - DH 53 (Vasectomy 15 yrs and reversal failure in 2010)
    IVF #1
    Jan 2010 BFN
    IVF #2
    March 2010 BFN
    IVF #3
    September 2012, Beta 9/20/2012
    Likes asugirl97 liked this post

Papi&mami
    is very bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hi,

I am 47 and doing my first DE . Just got my first lupron injection. My doctor says that the implantation should be towards end of oct'12 . As this is my first time , I don't know what to expect . I am hoping that all of you can fill me in.

Thank you

Rachell
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hello Tracey & Papi&mami!

I'm thinking that maybe you should make a separate post for your questions because this thread doesn't get a lot of traffic since it's for success stories.

Tracey - I was in the same boat as you...went in for my follow up after my 2nd cycle was cxld and my doc told me my only chance was DE. I was totally shocked and against DE. It was very heartbreaking. After 2 second opinions, I found other clinics/docs that would cycle w/me again which was nice to know, but we decided to go w/the better odds of success w/DE. It took me about 6 months to come to that conclusion and it's still challenging. My clinic also has their own donors. I chose to stay w/my clinic because they have a very reasonable warranty program - 3 fresh + frozens for 25-33K. My clinic doesn't have the best success rates, but they are 15 min away and reasonably priced. Using your sister's eggs would be awesome, but it would also pose some challenges. My sister and I are like best friends, but I don't think I could use her eggs because I'm afraid I might be jealous of their genetic link. I'm personally more comfortable w/an anonymous donor. Every clinic is different - many have donor pools or catalogues you can choose from. I'm really not very familiar w/all of the options, but there are many. If you end up using your sister she will have to be tested and fulfill the clinics requirements. I also don't know much about adoption, but I think DE would be much cheaper, especially if it worked on the first try. One thing I can say is that DE doesn't always work on the first try like I thought it would. I was on a DE forum this summer of about 100 women and the success rate was about 50-60%. Give yourself some time to think about everything and never give up! You will have your baby in the end

Papi&mami - it sounds like you are well on your way, congratulations! Sounds like you are doing Lupron, then theres estrogen/estrace, a few ultrasounds to make sure your lining gets thick enough (usually around 8) and then you take some sort of progesterone either pills/patches/shots/vaginal inserts. Once you're ready the transfer is very easy. My clinic has me take some valium...lay back...and they put the embryo/s in place via syringe. There is a post inquiring if there is enough interest to start a DE cycle group which I think would be great. Looking forward to your bfp I had a bfn w/my first fresh cycle and a chemical pregnancy w/my frozen transfer. I will be cycling again as soon as I am matched w/a new proven donor. There are many women on my other forum (pved) that have had success on the first try and I hope that you do also!!

Good luck ladies!!!
    Last edited by Rachell; 10-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Me 41 DH 44
    Married 7/09 TTC since then
    Lap 1 - 10/10 hydro = tubal ligation + cervical dialation
    IVF - 12/10 BFN
    IVF - 3/11 poor response - cxld, cxld from warranty pgm
    Laps 2 & 3 - remove cysts 11/11, 3/12
    IVF (DE) - 5/12 BFN
    FET - 7/12 CP
    IVF (DE) - ET 2/5/13
    Beta 2/15 350, Beta 2/18 1421, 1st us 3/1 (6 wks 1d) TWINS!!!!

loveababy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We did a DE cycle in May 2012. I help little hope.
    We used a clinic in Quebec were the new rule was only one embryo per transfer!
    Well the one embryo took. This was after 4 miscarriages!
    My little bundle of joy will be a year this month. He even managed to come into the world on my birthday!
    I was told by Dr. not even to try again I proved them wrong!

loveababy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if your still looking but I see you are from Ny there are a few clinics out there that have egg donors. CNY FERTILITY ,Cooper IVF. You can also post adds on different sites too
    Good luck!

chezfamily
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi,
    i was just reading your story...congraulations on your boy, I'm about to start a DE cycle and am so scared and nervous that it won't work...The clinic that said you had an 80% chance of it working, did they say why it didn't work? If you don't mind me asking, what fertility center did you go through? do you recommend them? The fertility center I'm going through also says they have an 80% success rate, but I"m just wondering what would cause those 20% not to work? thanks for any info you can give me.

koanut
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a daughter who is 7 years old and she was a surprise pregnancy. I had her when I was 32 years old and I never thought I'd have trouble getting pregnant again. It turned out I didn't have a problem getting pregnant, but I went through 4 miscarriages in 4 years. After the 2nd mc I sought out an RE who discovered I had MTHFR, but even with baby aspirin and folgard I mc'd a 3rd time. Next we tried ivf with pgd because my RE suspected the problem was bad eggs. Before we did the ivf I had to have laproscopic surgery because I had a benign cyst on my ovary which the Dr. couldn't aspirate. It turned out my body didn't respond to the ivf drugs and only 2 eggs were retrieved, 1 of which was immature and the other didn't grow properly. After that we tried again on our own and miscarried a 4th time. Next, I had testing done to see if I had autoimmune problems as autoimmune disease runs in my family. We did this through the Alan Beer Center. It was found that my immune system was a little overactive, but I did not want to do all the drug therapy they recommended. Instead, I sought out an acupuncturist who specialized in fertility and she had me work with a nutritionist as well. The nutritionist specialized in treating people with auto immune disease by testing what foods they were sensitive to and putting together a personalized elimination diet. I had tested negative for celiac disease before, but the testing revealed I was extremely sensitive to gluten and that was the one food I could not tolerate when adding foods back into my diet. After being on the diet for 3 months we ultimately decided to try using donor eggs. I was 39 years old and I felt that we didn't have time to waste by trying on our own. We found a donor through a local agency. She was 22 years old and a proven donor. Everything went very smoothly. The Dr. retrieved 11 eggs and 10 were good ones. Of the 10, we transferred the two best ones and we even had two to freeze. I poas 5 days after the transfer and I got a positive. i was still worried about miscarrying, but the whole pregnancy went very smoothly, no complications. Right now I am nursing my 2 month old son and I am so very happy we made the decision to use donor eggs.

vanillasky
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you please tell more how you find he agency? Does the clinic do it for you or you do it by yourself?

thank you,

Dipsydaisy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all and crystal thanks for this thread. I am 47 have suffered for conf m/c but possibly 20 in total over the last 7 years... I am finally going w de at end of sept... got frozen from atlanta. very nervous about it all... Hope it works...
    Daisy

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast