FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please share your DE succes stories.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    SIMPY
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal and the rest of you,

Thank you so much for your post. I got a BFN on Monday and, though we've only been TTC since March, given my almost 43 year old eggs (43 a week from Tuesday) and DH 54 year old sperm (and a vasectomy in 2008), we have decided to listen to our RE and take our "crappy eggs/crappy sperm" condition and try DE/DS. It's been a difficult situation and I'm not sure I'm completely 100% on board yet. However, after reading your posts, I'm a whole lot closer and I know it's the right decision.

I looked at our first cycle (got a positive beta but m/c at about 5 1/2 weeks) and knew what needed to be changed. I looked at our second (one big mess for many reasons) and knew what went wrong. I changed and did everything right for the third cycle and BFN. Insurance is running out and DH and I are not getting any younger. I feel like I don't want to wait until I'm in my late 40's and he's in his late 50's/60 to have a child.

He's got 3 children from his first marriage (now grown). I have one bad marriage behind me and never TTC with my ex. DH and I been married for 1.5 years now and want to build a family together. I'm a big believer in fate and destiny and believe that I'm being led to DE/DS this early in our attempt for a reason.

I so appreciate all of your openness and support for others. I was a passive reader until now. However, after having read this thread, I knew I wanted to join and become a member.

Does anyone have any recommendations for DE agencies? Any preference regarding closer to home agencies or OOT? I'm in New York. I'm also thinking about changing REs. My current office has a higher IVF rater than the rest but there's another that has a higher DE rate. Not sure if I should transfer since the current RE already has all of my info and has been working with us. Not sure if we'd have to start again with someone new, despite a records transfer. Any other thoughts on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!

SIMPY

Again, thank you all for sharing.

2. Advertisement

dreams2bamommy
    Hopeful

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy

Question Endometriosis & DE

I was wondering if there are any success stories with Endometriosis & D.E. Thank you,

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    SIMPY - I missed your questions in this thread. If you are still around, be sure to start your own thread so we can answer your questions. I hope you are on your way to a BFP!

dreams2bamommy - I don't have any experience in that area. If you haven't already, you may want to start a separate thread so more people can see it.

Crystal

Denise R.
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPY View Post
    Crystal and the rest of you,

Thank you so much for your post. I got a BFN on Monday and, though we've only been TTC since March, given my almost 43 year old eggs (43 a week from Tuesday) and DH 54 year old sperm (and a vasectomy in 2008), we have decided to listen to our RE and take our "crappy eggs/crappy sperm" condition and try DE/DS. It's been a difficult situation and I'm not sure I'm completely 100% on board yet. However, after reading your posts, I'm a whole lot closer and I know it's the right decision.

I looked at our first cycle (got a positive beta but m/c at about 5 1/2 weeks) and knew what needed to be changed. I looked at our second (one big mess for many reasons) and knew what went wrong. I changed and did everything right for the third cycle and BFN. Insurance is running out and DH and I are not getting any younger. I feel like I don't want to wait until I'm in my late 40's and he's in his late 50's/60 to have a child.

He's got 3 children from his first marriage (now grown). I have one bad marriage behind me and never TTC with my ex. DH and I been married for 1.5 years now and want to build a family together. I'm a big believer in fate and destiny and believe that I'm being led to DE/DS this early in our attempt for a reason.

I so appreciate all of your openness and support for others. I was a passive reader until now. However, after having read this thread, I knew I wanted to join and become a member.

Does anyone have any recommendations for DE agencies? Any preference regarding closer to home agencies or OOT? I'm in New York. I'm also thinking about changing REs. My current office has a higher IVF rater than the rest but there's another that has a higher DE rate. Not sure if I should transfer since the current RE already has all of my info and has been working with us. Not sure if we'd have to start again with someone new, despite a records transfer. Any other thoughts on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!

SIMPY

Again, thank you all for sharing.
    CNY fertility center has some donor embryos available low cost check out their website.

SIMPY
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crystal - and the rest.

We did decide to go with the new doctor and I think it was a good choice. He "found" a polyp that the sonographer at the old place kept insisting was there and the doctor kept insisting was not there. While it doesn't look like the polyp was probably at fault for our miscarriage and subsequent failures to conceive (new doctor likes to pin everything on my old age), I'm fuming a bit that, despite the sonographer's insistance several times, the doctor did not further investigate his claims and kept saying it was a thickening of the lining. I saw the polyp on the new doctor's screen and it is very clearly NOT a thickening. It's very clearly a polyp. The new doctor is not concerned that it's cancerous and just wants to remove it shortly before the DE transfer. We'll hopefully be going on February but not sure yet as I have to have my annual exam and some blood work prior to our start and my cycle has been unpredictable of late.

Happy holidays to all!

SIMPY
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Denise. We're probably going to go with our new RE's donor program. They don't show photos but we trust the coordinator to understand what's important to us physically and she feels confident she's got a few donors who would be a good physical match for me. It's a little frustrating not to be able to choose ourselves as I'm a "bit" of a control freak (yeah! A BIT) but I'm trying to practice letting go and trusting others so I'm going to try with this one. I'm a caucasian with brown hair (and so is my husband) so here's hoping they don't mess up matching my look and our baby isn't born half Asian and half American Indian with blonde hair! Though, if that's the baby we're blessed with, we'd love him or her just the same!

jen kam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile 15 years TTC - finally success!!

After multiple clomid, injectibles, iui, surgeries for endo and fibroids, 3 IVF's with my own eggs, 1 failed DE fresh cycle.........

2nd DE cycle (FET) with 2 blasts - twins!!!!!!!!!

We were so despondent after the 1st DE cycle failed, but the FET did the trick!

6 week U/S today - Baby A - HB 128 Baby B HB- 124

Sooooo happy the miracle finally happened!

Prayers and hugs and sticky vibes to you all!

We also did Intralipids, accupuncture, lovenox for clotting - something finally worked!
    Likes CrystalAZ liked this post

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Congratulations on your success, jen kam!!!!

sfwife71
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two years ago,at 42 years of age & following a 4rth m/c I came to the conclusion that DE was my best chance at becoming a mother. It was such a difficult time in my life. I obsessed about it (and shed quite a few tears) for months but finally just went for it. Our first attempt was successful and during that first trimester I was consumed with rising betas and u/s. At about 20 weeks it hit me that this pregnancy was actually viable and that I was really going to be a mom. I had these horrible thoughts that I might not love my baby as much as I should because of how she was conceived. I was so grateful to be pregnant but because DH was deployed for most of my pregnancy, and I had to do most of the preparations on my own, there were days that I felt like a surrogate.
    Sometimes in those early days after her birth it was still difficult when people would comment about how cute she was. I would think yep she's cute but I had nothing to do it. Once the hormones settled down I realized that I had everything to do with it. She was here because of me and I kept her safe inside me for all those months.
    Fast forward to today...I have this amazing 9 month old daughter who is the love of my life. Do I mourn the genetic loss? Honestly, yes sometimes I do, does it affect my feelings towards my daughter? Absolutely not! Would I love her more if she was conceived via my OE? I suppose, I can't truly answer that as I will never know, but what I can say without a doubt is that I love her SO much and can't imagine loving her anymore than I already do. I don't think it is possible. Like others have said, I wouldn't any other baby than the one I have. I am her world and she is mine. She may not look like me but I think she already has my energy and sense of humor. All those fears and tears I experienced are just a distant memory and really were wasted energy. I wish I knew then what I know now, but like Crystal mentioned in an earlier post, hindsight is 20/20.
    So for anyone who is wondering what it will feel like to be the mom of a child conceived via DE, I am here to tell you it will be GREAT!
    Me: 45, DOR, fibroids
    DH: 41 low morphology & motility but lots of it!
    4 natural pregnancies: 4
    8/12/10- Robotic Myomectomy
    4/13 - transfer of 2 blasts @ RBA
    12/9/2011 - healthy baby girl!
    5/21/2013 - FET(our 1&only frostie)
    5/30-beta#1-163
    6/3 -beta#2 -1553
    6/6 -beta#3 - 5474
    6/19- U/S 7wks, measured 6wks, 5days, 125-!!!

laurarab
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    To anyone out there in the throes of infertility..my heart is with you--definitely the hardest stage of my life...we did/do have a hughe success from donor eggs--kneow i was not up for torturing my body over and over w such low chances to conceive w my own eggs. Our 1st cycle was cancelled bc the donor didn't produce enough eggs---then we used one who had done it before (so we knew her eggs had been plentiful)--it worked the 1st time! i recall the MD saying the eggs looks great are u sure u want to put in 2? Well, we have awesome twin girls (will be 3 in Nov)--i cannot for the life of me now imagine having one vs twins (though initally i got depressed/frantic upon hearing that both had 'stuck'). I rarely think about the fact that genetically they are not from me--laugh to myself when people ooze about who looks like me etc. and well, am releived that maybe they have less chance of cancer someday as my family has a lot of it. It was the best decision for us--to go donor egg route---also: i had them at 42 yo--perfect pregnancy and both healthy/good sized etc. I paid my dues early on trying to get preg and then things shifted. Hope this helps someone out there..!
    Likes angelbelle711 liked this post

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast