FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please share your DE succes stories.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    laurarab
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to share success-hope it inspires HOPE

I am aware of how lucky we are/were today--the 1st birthday of our twins Lucy and Stella---I have not once thought--well---jeez donor eggs and all they are somehow less mine/ours-way back when after our 1st DE cycle was cancelled due to poor response to stim I wasn't sure i would keep going and fear another setback. The 2nd 1 worked and the pregnancy and birth were literally flawless (and I am 43)....so--stay hopeful, don't focus too much on all that can go wrong because maybe none of it will--and clearly inability to generate eggs is NOT an indicator of how the pregnancy can/will go---the babies btw were healthy weights and have been developing incredibly well (walked early, mouths full of teeth and great sleepers)----so maybe we all "pay our dues" and then get a break! GOOD luck..

2. Advertisement

laurarab
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twins are great and sure a lot of work--we put 2 in and when i first found out it was twins i cried/felt scared and depressed for a week until i wrapped my mind around it---now, i cannot imagine just 1--i think i'd be bored!! good luck!

jennlee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Donor Success

Hi My Baby5,

You must be getting excited!!! Your transfer is around the corner. I am getting nervous (3 weeks out) but trying to stay positive. We are transfering two blasts, doc does not want to risk triplets with 3, although I would have done 3, seeing as how the first two were great quality and neither stuck. Did you decide to transfer all 4?

Happy Holidays

Good Luck

Elsee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalAZ View Post
    So if you have found this board, and you are crying because you've been told that donor eggs are your best option, and you don't know if it is right or how you'll get through it, I say with confidence to you that in the long run, it will not matter ONE IOTA where that first cell came from. Not even one bit. You cannot let this be an obstacle, but instead view it as an opportunity. This is a way your dream can come true. This path may very well lead you to the child who is out there waiting for you.

This child may not have your father's chin and your mother's blue eyes. But it may take on your father's laugh and your mother's love of gardening. It isn't all about genetics.

Go forward - and make it happen.

Crystal
    THANK YOU for these words.

Best wishes.

mattie1230
    is tired but happy.
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, me too - thank you. This is the first I've read this post - and I have to agree. I went through some 'mourning' if you would call it that - when I found out I could have bio-kids. Now that I am pregnant with twins, and I feel this little bubs moving around, and see them on the ultrasound, I am the happiest I have been on this journey since we started ttc 4 years ago. I am really glad I got over my hang-ups and moved forward (we did donor emb, not donor egg).
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

8/10 - DE FET#1
    8/19 - 9dp3dt - Faint BFP
    8/30 - Beta #3 - 10,460
    9/14 - u/s TWINS!
    12/2 - TWO GIRLS!!
    4/2 - The girls are here!! They are beautiful... I am in love.

anniejohn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am facing into using both donor eggs and donor sperm if this ivf cycle doesn't work. I'm scared and very very sad. Is there an active board out there for singles that anyone knows of or this this a place where I could get some support?

Lynn

ohmybaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn, There is no active board, but I'm willing to provide any insight I can. I am 46 years old and have wanted to be a Mom my whole life. I felt there was a huge hole in my life missing without having a child. I chose all the wrong men in my life and for one reason or another (many because they didn't want to have kids later in life) those relationships all ended.
    Last year, my periods started getting irregular and after 2 surgeries for fibroids and endometriosis, I felt I had missed my chance to ever be pregnant. I went to an RE clinic just to talk to them. Of course as expected my AMH level was below anything that they would be willing to suggest IVF with my OE. Which was fine because the likelihood of having a healthy child was slim.
    Once I looked into DE and decided that I could be pregnant and carry my own child even though not my own biologically, the process started moving along.
    I was with another RE clinic at first trying to do a fresh cycle with a matched donor. Unfortunately, even though my physical "must have's" were only a few, they couldn't find a donor for me after 5 months of waiting. I found RBA in Atlanta (where I live) and they have a frozen DE bank with lots of eggs available. Plus the price of a frozen cycle was a lot less than a fresh one.
    I went in for a consult last September and since I had completed most of my pre-cycle work up and testing was able to finish up and get started by October. They helped me match a donor and found one that 4 people including the RE said was a perfect match for me and could be a sister.
    I had one round of just hormones since my periods had stopped and then the cycle began in November. I also used DS being single and had a lot of help choosing all the qualities that biologically would make a perfect "DAD". I chose characteristics in my sperm donor that matched mine and got some that my egg donor didn't have so I have a great combination between the DS and DE that match almost every characteristic of ME.
    On 12/6 I transferred 2 very good blastocytes and I am now 9 1/2 weeks pregnant. I have never been happier in my life and for me the loss of my genetics through my OE was gone already so this is the only chance I have of carrying and delivering my own children. I have never looked back to either donor and thought of them as the biological parents, they are just donors and from even before I got pregnant, these babies that were coming were/ARE mine and solely mine.

It's a big scary proposition to do this alone, but there are many single Mom's out there that wish they didn't have the dead beat Dad to deal with anyway.

I haven't found many singles posting on here, but the women I have connected with through a couple of forums are super supportive and I don't feel that I am out of place because I am doing this on my own without a DH.

Good luck to you!
    Me: 46 single ready to be a Mom
    Twin boys born 7-30-2011

anniejohn
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ohmybaby, it helps to hear your story. I'm having a hard time with it. I'm 44 as of Dec 23. I've had three IVF cycles and have had really great success at creating eggs, but two miscarriages. In the last cycle, I produced three grade 1 blasts (actually, one was a blast, one was an expanded blast, and one was hatching). I was super hopeful, but 5 days later I have no signs of pregnancy at all and am trying to prepare for the worst.

I find myself already grieving the loss of having genetically related children. Right now, it seems like such a huge loss to me. It doesn't sound like that in your story--I read of others too, who say similar things like once you have the baby you never regret it or look back, but my brother just had a baby so there's lots of talk about who my nephew looks like. I want that! It makes me feel sad. I don't know how to move past this sadness so that I feel positive about the process. Maybe I'm jumping the gun and should wait to see what happens with my cycle, but with no signs at all, it just doens't seem likely...

AJ

Elsee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies,

Thank you for sharing your success stories. It really helps a lot. We just had our 3rd failed IVF, together with 2 failed IUIs and 3 natural conceptions that all miscarried, we knew going into this last round that it would likely be our last. We're very weary. The strain on my body, my psyche, DH's psyche, our relationship...well, you all know the drill.

Your stories provide a sense of liberation and peace. So thank you.

ohmybaby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    AJ, don't give up after 5 days sounds like you had 3 great embabies transferred. There should be no "signs" of pregnancy this early except maybe the implantation cramping, but not everyone gets that.
    You have to stay positive and send positive messages, thoughts and prayers to those little one's to snuggle themselves in and stick around.

Sounds like you have about 5 days left or so before your beta. Keep us posted. I'll be looking forward to hearing a great success story from you. If not, we are still here for you to help you in your journey to DE or not.
    Me: 46 single ready to be a Mom
    Twin boys born 7-30-2011

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast