FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please share your DE succes stories.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    mattie1230
    is tired but happy.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not do DE, but donor emb, but wanted to post a success - twins!!

and I can relate sfwife, I was told I would never have children as my cycles were so screwed up. This opportunity, I feel, is a miracle - and being given a chance to be a mother when I was told I couldn't, well for me it was very ez to give up the 'genetic link'. I am lucky that my husband supported me fully to try donor embie because we couldn't afford donor egg.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

8/10 - DE FET#1
    8/19 - 9dp3dt - Faint BFP
    8/30 - Beta #3 - 10,460
    9/14 - u/s TWINS!
    12/2 - TWO GIRLS!!
    4/2 - The girls are here!! They are beautiful... I am in love.

2. Advertisement

sfwife71
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Mattie, that is wonderful news!!

Sheri Murphy
    is hopeful.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by babydream1 View Post
    I'm so excited to be using donor egg and having the hope of having a child after years of frustration and BFNs. DH & I decided to go the frozen donor egg route vs the fresh. For one thing, frozen is much less expensive and the donor and I don't have to sync up...I just have to wait for my period and get started. It was an interesting experience sitting down with the donor profiles and deciding who's eggs I wanted. Thrilling though! I don't think that I could have gotten this far in the care of any other physician - Dr. Michael Mersol-Barg is just wonderful!
    I am looking into frozen donor egg's and wondered how much your clinic charged? I cannot afford RBA.
    ~Sheri~
    Me:44 DH:41
    Mom to Tristan, 15 & Jackson, 13

IVF #1: 8/10 BFN
    DE IVF #1: 4/2011 ~ BFP ~ EDD: 1.5.12
    7.5.11 Baby Mia diagnosed with body stalk anomaly
    7.21.11 Her heart stopped beating (16 wks)

FET #1: 10/2011 - Chemical
    DE IVF #2: 1/2012
    ER 1.27 ~ 8 fertilized
    ET 2.1 ~ 2 blasts ~ BFP 5dp5dt
    U/S 2.27 BOY/GIRL Twins
    Samuel & Sophia were born 8.22.12 (31 weeks & 5 days)

sfwife71
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sheri,
    I too have been doing some research on donor eggs fresh vs frozen and associated costs. The least expensive option I have come across is in Jacksonville Florida at the FIRM app. $12,000 for a shared 2:1 cycle but their success rates are in the low 50's%. The other option is Shady Grove, their 3:1 shared donor cycle is 14,600, so not much less than RBA and their sucess rates are also in the 50's.
    I understand how stressfull it is to want to choose the clinic with the best success rates but still remain within your means .
    Good luck

GinnieJ
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheri,

I would suggest you check with Brown Fertility in Jacksonville, FL. They do shared cycles and Frozen DE. Great clinic and Dr. Brown is awesome and has a fairly high success rate with DE.

Sheri Murphy
    is hopeful.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    The least expensive clinics I've found for donor egg cycles are Fairfax, VA and CNY Fertility Center. Fairfax does frozen egg donor cycle for $7500 and CNY does a shared fresh donor cycle for $6200 plus 1/2 of the donor's medication. We are considering going to Fairfax and doing a frozen donor egg cycle in February or March of 2011.

GinnieJ - do you have any idea how much Brown Fertility charges for donor cycles? I emailed them, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for the information!
    ~Sheri~

ER 1.27 ~ 8 fertilized
    U/S 2.27 BOY/GIRL Twins

sfwife71
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dr Brown performed my robotic myomectomy about 8 weeks ago and I agree that he is awesome. My surgery went off without a single complication. Lisa the IVF nurse is great too. Their shared donor cycles are around 12,000. I was unaware that they did frozen eggs. I too would like to use them as I am already known to their office. I hesitate only because he has been in his own practice in JAX for about a year and therefore has no documented success rates ie SART. He was with a different practice in Florida for 2 years and before that spent many years at the FIRM in Jacksonville.
    Me: 45, DOR, fibroids
    DH: 41 low morphology & motility but lots of it!
    4 natural pregnancies: 4
    8/12/10- Robotic Myomectomy
    4/13 - transfer of 2 blasts @ RBA
    12/9/2011 - healthy baby girl!
    5/21/2013 - FET(our 1&only frostie)
    5/30-beta#1-163
    6/3 -beta#2 -1553
    6/6 -beta#3 - 5474
    6/19- U/S 7wks, measured 6wks, 5days, 125-!!!

GinnieJ
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    He was with FIRM for many years and then had a practice down state for 2 years to finish out his non-compete agreement. After that was finished, he moved back to Jax to start his own practice. I know every time I go in the office it is always busy, which is a good sign.

keilie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you ladies for the heart warming posts, yes I to had tears and right now I am praying the strongest prayers ever We just completed the third trial for a baby and this cycle we did use a DE for the first time. We used my husbands SE and we are hoping that our little blessing or blessings from God our with us now My first Beta will be on Thursday and we are keeping our faith strong. God blessed us with 8 little embryo angels over the last two 1/2 yrs but he called them home soon after our transfers.

I am on the 13th day after transfer, we have had some scare the last few days and hopefully soon our dream will be true to have a family Baby dust to all, Love Keilie

Sheri Murphy
    is hopeful.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Hello ladies-

I have news to share. After my failed IVF (end of August, 2010), I FINALLY had my follow up visit with my RE yesterday (they kept rescheduling my appointments). Over the last month, I've done tons of research on donor eggs and after talking to my RE, that is the route we are taking. Fortunately, I have a very good friend that is going to be my egg donor. She's 27 and just had her 3rd child. She is currently nursing and wants to continue for a few months, so we are looking at March, 2011 for our donor IVF cycle. I'm excited...again. Hopefully the outcome of this cycle will be my miracle baby.

Just wanted to share my news and say hello to everyone
    Last edited by Sheri Murphy; 10-19-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    ~Sheri~

ER 1.27 ~ 8 fertilized
    U/S 2.27 BOY/GIRL Twins

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast