FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please share your DE succes stories.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    BabyPrayers09
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    tn girl!!!
    Best of luck and I do pray that you will have your little bundle from this cycle!
    Keep us updated in another thread!

2. Advertisement

tn_girl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Babyprayers! I have 13 embies and need to find a good thread to get some support- I am so anxious this time! I will see what I can find

dolcib
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Frozen donor egg success!

Hi: I used frozen oocytes and am 24 weeks pregnant with twin boys. In my cycle, I received 6 eggs, 3 fertilized (typical for frozen donor eggs that are not FET) and we transferred an 8 and a 5 cell. Imagine our surprise to find out we were having two!

All has been going well with this pg with the exception of a cerclage at 22 weeks for an incompetent cervix. Luckily the cerclage is doing well and I am on modified bed rest but holding my own.

I never grieved my own eggs after my one failed IVF. I was willing to become a parent and didn't question how I got there. I couldn't love these boys any more if they were my own, as far as I am concerned, they are. My donor gave me 6 cells but the rest has been me. It's been a wonderful exciting ride even with some bumps in the road (a m/c on my first DE cycle).

Best wishes and luck to everyone!
    Gabrielle

Delilah.C
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful reading these stories -and so helpful to me. I am going for a last FET using my eggs tomorrow - but I don't feel like I can go and stay sane without knowing that I have another route. Initially we were looking at surrogacy but the clinic is now suggesting that DE is a better route for us - so I am wrapping my head around that. I am also going to talk with a friend who recently adopted to get more info from her.

Your stories sound so wonderful - and I know it has been such a difficult time...and a long time...for all of us to have gotten to this. These will be some of the most loved babies!

Thank you everyone for your inspirational stories.

BabyWanted3
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a frozen oocyte cycle with Reproductive Biology Associates (RBA) in Atlanta, GA and I am now pregnant with a singleton (well I believe it is one because I transferred only one but my betas have been high). I am 5 weeks and 4 days today. My first ultrasound is on Thursday (8/12). Good luck with your cycle.

BabyPrayers09
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Congratulations!!!!
    Enjoy an uneventful pregnancy!

babydream1
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited to be using donor egg and having the hope of having a child after years of frustration and BFNs. DH & I decided to go the frozen donor egg route vs the fresh. For one thing, frozen is much less expensive and the donor and I don't have to sync up...I just have to wait for my period and get started. It was an interesting experience sitting down with the donor profiles and deciding who's eggs I wanted. Thrilling though! I don't think that I could have gotten this far in the care of any other physician - Dr. Michael Mersol-Barg is just wonderful!

ILoveShoes
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    babydream - GL! I hope you get your BFP soon!!

romania
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal, I can't thank you enough for sharing your journey with all of us out there who are in the middle of ours. Thank you so much.
    I'm 38 and DH is 42 (Strong sperm & he fathered a son in his last marriage)

FSH - 6.5
    Estrodiol - 139 (this is the problem . . .)
    Diagnosis: Reduced Ovarian Reserve
    tubes blocked
    TTC since Oct. 2009
    First IVF cycle began July 24th, 2 follies, 1 embie, BFP, ended at 4 1/2 weeks with ectopic pg.

sfwife71
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal Az-your post brought tears to my eyes, you put into words exactly what I feel. I have had 4 m/c, am 42, and have reached the decision that being a mother is more important than the genetic link. Some days thought I still have my doubts and hope that I am doing the right thing. Reading your story gives me hope and reassurance that everything is going to be OK.
    Thank you

TN-girl- I too am a TN girl and am wondering which clinic you cycled with.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast