FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please share your DE succes stories.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    noanoa
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine
    my friend has a gorgeous daughter now. She made tons of research and finally picked her clinic on eggdonationfriends. She told "Czech ivf holidays" probably reduced her stress and that's why she achieved successful outcome.

2. Advertisement

Marty123
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, all! Seems every infertility story starts the same - heartbreak, confusion, anger..whatever once you hear the verdict - "You're not going to conceive with own eggs. Let it be 5% not more.." From that very moment your life changes forever. You seek every other option to be done just to keep on moving and look desperately for success. And hope, hope, hope..and when it looks like you're exhausted and crawl to your aim it finally works out! This was the story flow for us. I'm 49 yo, years of struggling behind. DX - endo, egg aging. Dh was super ok though he's 52! Our last try home ended with early miscarriage, so we were finally told to move onto donor eggs. And we followed the advice coming to Ukrainian clinic. We booked 5 shots program there with the guaranteed result but didn't believe any guarantees at all as no one can be sure in infertility game. At least we were assured to get our money back if it didn't work after 5 shots.
    Actually it took us 2 tries. 1st one was a failure, AF came 3 days earlier the testing day. We took a break to heal emotionally mainly and went on. May OTD brought us BFP we still cannot believe our luck!!
    I believe God rewards us for waiting. Whatever the situation is just keep on moving and don't give up! Wish you all the best of luck with your treatments and lots and loads of baby dust to you, lovelies X

hbrn32
    I need a nap
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Hi everyone, I am currently 44 and delivered my DE dd last November. She was eight weeks premature due to my sever preeclampsia She spent a month in NICU and has been very healthy.
    I had my OE son at the age of 38 without trying very hard and then had four miscarriages. After labs showed I most likely would not conceive naturally and researching the egg donation process to the point of making me anxious and depressed, we finally decided to go for it. I love this child so much. I don't regret doing all of this. I do get pangs of pain when I look at her and she looks nothing like me. Two people have told me that she looks like me. I think it's kinda funny, but it reminds me that she has none of my genetics. I can get over that all, but when I think of her as an older child, I worry sooooo much that she will be sad or feel a,piece of her is missing because she will never know the woman who helped create her. I feel sorry for her . I feel sorry for her children and grandchildren that a piece of them will always be a mystery. I plan to tell her, but I dread it.
    I was the sixth recipient of a very prolific donor with two of her own children. She produced over thirty eggs for all of her recipients. I have eleven embies waiting for me to decide their fate. I think of all of the potential half siblings this child will have and it makes my head spin. I love her so much. I just do not want to cause her pain. There is a part of me that wants to keep this a secret. I know it wrong, but I just wonder if I should .
    So as wonderful as this has been, for me, there is guilt. Maybe it's just a mothers guilt and I should get over it. There are so many things to consider when going this route.
    Me 44 old eggs
    DH 44 low motility
    DS perfect born 2010
    2011 chemical
    2012 miscarriage 6 weeks
    2012 blighted ovum 9 weeks (mother natures cruel joke)
    2013 DD miscarriage 11 weeks trisomy 21😭
    1/2014 amh < 0.3
    DE blast transfer April 30, 2015
    Beta 5/11-198!
    U/S. HB 128 EDD 1/16/16
    8/18 U/S
    11/23/15 perfect preemie 8 weeks premature

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hbrn32, thankyou for sharing your beautiful story, it brought tears to my eyes, I once was told by a potential clinic," we make all donor egg recipients sign a contract of telling, secrets are things we are ashamed of and they always come out, don't make this gift of love , a dirty little secret."...I don't know why, but that changed my thinking instantly ..it is only a secret till you tell one person, so just make it known from day one..i will tell my child a story about a beautiful princess who helped me get them and loved her or him enough to give them to a great mommy to grow them in her tummy so I could be there mommy, because she knew how much I would love them..
    Last edited by BC-Tryn depriest; 04-01-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    Me.44 tubes tied
    Dh.30 low count and motility
    1st defet: 3-21-2016 chimical

vrttc
    Tired of this waiting game!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, I feel obliged to share my DE success story as it may help someone. I have had premature menopause since more than 10 years now. After trying unsuccessfully to get natural periods in order to have a child of my genetics I realized that with time passing by, my only viable option was DE. I went through 4 transfers, 2 miscarriages, 4 donors and finally had my DD this July. Although she doesn't have my genes but she's my daughter. Some people have said she looks like me and she has some features of my DH. She is now 5 months old and is the darling of my family. I don't regret at all using a donor and I am thankful to God and the donor and my doctors for making this happen.
    DE wasn't a smooth journey for us, however in my case that was the only possible option so we kept going. I used Donor Egg Bank (they have an assured refund program) and RMA of NY.
    I totally cherish my motherhood and my daughter and wish every woman out there trying to be a mom all the best.
    ME: 38, DOR/Premature menopause
    DH: 40, low morphology, good volume, average motility

OE IVF Antagonist 2013: No response
    Fresh DE IVF Cycle 2014: Low response by donor
    Frozen DE IVF Cycle 04/15: 1 4AA day5 transfer. Chemical
    FET DE Jul2015: 1 4BC BFN, no implantation
    DE Cycle2 Nov2015: 1 4AB day5 transfer. MC at 7 weeks
    DE Cycle3 Jul2016: 14BC day5 transfer. Beta1=147,Beta2=323

eggsbenedict
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vrttc View Post
    Hi all, I feel obliged to share my DE success story as it may help someone. I have had premature menopause since more than 10 years now. After trying unsuccessfully to get natural periods in order to have a child of my genetics I realized that with time passing by, my only viable option was DE. I went through 4 transfers, 2 miscarriages, 4 donors and finally had my DD this July. Although she doesn't have my genes but she's my daughter. Some people have said she looks like me and she has some features of my DH. She is now 5 months old and is the darling of my family. I don't regret at all using a donor and I am thankful to God and the donor and my doctors for making this happen.
    DE wasn't a smooth journey for us, however in my case that was the only possible option so we kept going. I used Donor Egg Bank (they have an assured refund program) and RMA of NY.
    I totally cherish my motherhood and my daughter and wish every woman out there trying to be a mom all the best.

VRTTC - I also have POF so my only chance is De. Did you do fresh cycles with Donors 2-4? Or any more FETs? Just got my BFN today and while I’m trying to stay positive I’m just gutted. I thought for sure this would work. Everything seemed perfect, great lining, good numbers, 4AA blast...

vrttc
    Tired of this waiting game!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi eggsbenedict - yes, I did fresh cycles but the last successful cycle I had was FET. I used Donor Eggbank USA and their assured refund program which guarantees 6 cycles or full refund. In my experience, fresh or frozen doesn't matter. Even the grading can be misleading so 4AA may not even implant whereas a 4BC may go full term. Grading is important but it is just physical or morphological indication whereas if there are chromosomal abnormalities those may not be evident in the grading. I have read here some women getting PGD done on perfectly excellent graded embryos to find out some chromosomal abnormality.
    My first ever transfer of a fresh embryo failed too and it was the highest quality in all my cycles. Have you considered PGD to rule out chromosomal abnormalities?
    Also depending on your age and history it may be well worth getting an immune panel testing done. Let me know if you need details. I totally understand what you're going through. Donor egg is by no means a straightforward experience but at least we have a stronger chance. So hang in there and take time to recover and reassure yourself that it will happen one day. Hugs to you!
    ME: 38, DOR/Premature menopause
    DH: 40, low morphology, good volume, average motility

OE IVF Antagonist 2013: No response
    Fresh DE IVF Cycle 2014: Low response by donor
    Frozen DE IVF Cycle 04/15: 1 4AA day5 transfer. Chemical
    FET DE Jul2015: 1 4BC BFN, no implantation
    DE Cycle2 Nov2015: 1 4AB day5 transfer. MC at 7 weeks
    DE Cycle3 Jul2016: 14BC day5 transfer. Beta1=147,Beta2=323
    Thanks eggsbenedict thanked for this post

pugmom2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be 22 weeks tomorrow with our DE baby. I am 45, and although all of my tests came back great, I went through 5 failed IUI cycles. My Dr suggested going right to DE with IVF because of my age and time was running out. My NIPT test came back perfect and I am expecting a little girl.

I got 6 frozen eggs, 4 fertilized but only one made it to transfer day. I was sad because this was going to be our only chance, at 20K for the DEs and the IVF we just couldn't afford to do it again. Well, that one blast was a keeper! She was a 5 day transfer and I haven't looked back since.

swiftmood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    pugmom2 - congrats! If you are considering to undergo another yet IVF DE, you might check out IVF clinics in Europe. From what I know, my clinic from Gdansk offers IVF DE at about EUR6,500 with no waiting time. x
    ME - 36, DH - 45
    IVF #1 - 2017, BFN, no implantation
    IVF #2 - 2017, BFN
    changed clinics, 1st consulting - Gdansk, Poland

pugmom2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! My DE baby is now almost 7 months old. I had a very tough pregnancy and delivery and my Doctors have suggested (strongly) that I don't get pregnant again because my body won't be able to handle it. I didn't plan on doing this again anyway, so we're good and have the perfect family.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112