FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Please share your DE succes stories.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    vrttc
    Tired of this waiting game!!

Post Thanks / Like
    YellowRose-Congratulations!
    What does fussy exactly mean? What are their parameters for selecting good quality donors?
    ME: 38, DOR/Premature menopause
    DH: 40, low morphology, good volume, average motility

OE IVF Antagonist 2013: No response
    Fresh DE IVF Cycle 2014: Low response by donor
    Frozen DE IVF Cycle 04/15: 1 4AA day5 transfer. Chemical
    FET DE Jul2015: 1 4BC BFN, no implantation
    DE Cycle2 Nov2015: 1 4AB day5 transfer. MC at 7 weeks
    DE Cycle3 Jul2016: 14BC day5 transfer. Beta1=147,Beta2=323

2. Advertisement

arialee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot. What does ERA involve exactly? Is it a blood test? Thanks

arialee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    What does ERA involve? Is it a blood test? Thanks!

vrttc
    Tired of this waiting game!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ERA or Endometrial Receptivity Array is where they take a sample of your endo to analyze it. Not sure what is the remedial action if something abnormal is found. I had asked my RE about it when my first DE cycle failed and his view was that every cycle endo could have different properties and ERA cannot be done mid-cycle. So once ERA is done, next cycle there is no guarantee the findings will hold. So we dropped the idea and just had a scratch of the endometrium. But others may have different views. Do ask your RE and let me know what he says.
    ME: 38, DOR/Premature menopause
    DH: 40, low morphology, good volume, average motility

OE IVF Antagonist 2013: No response
    Fresh DE IVF Cycle 2014: Low response by donor
    Frozen DE IVF Cycle 04/15: 1 4AA day5 transfer. Chemical
    FET DE Jul2015: 1 4BC BFN, no implantation
    DE Cycle2 Nov2015: 1 4AB day5 transfer. MC at 7 weeks
    DE Cycle3 Jul2016: 14BC day5 transfer. Beta1=147,Beta2=323

arialee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. I will. I also did an endometrial scratch this cycle. Still in my 2WW. I'm going out of town around my pregnancy test date so will have to wait an additional 6 days before I am able to test. Can't test before I leave town cuz it'll be too early. Also, I'm too afraid to do HPT. So I'll just wait for the additional 6 days and then go into my re clinic for my test.

Yellow Rose
    is wondering WTH?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by vrttc View Post
    YellowRose-Congratulations!
    What does fussy exactly mean? What are their parameters for selecting good quality donors?
    CCRM tend to reject 90+% of applicants as they were more strict about conditions in their family history that they were prepared to tolerate, Applicants had to undergo more stringent testing than in my previous clinic etc. In my previous local clinic, the acceptance rates were higher, the donors appeared on myriad websites and weren't exclusive to the clinic, more family conditions were permitted through their filter etc.

It's sort of sad that clinics are resistant to giving details of HOW they select donors as they claim they don't want donors to alter their answers to increase the likelihood of being chosen.

Yellow Rose
    is wondering WTH?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by arialee View Post
    Thanks a lot. What does ERA involve exactly? Is it a blood test? Thanks
    ERA takes a small amount of your uterine tissue like in a Pap smear and analyses over 200 genes at the time in your cycle when you would typically have a transfer. The the cyclical pattern of those genes changes depending on where you are in your cycle and so you must run a mock cycle and test on the 5th day of progesterone when you would normally transfer for a FET.

Biopsy is sent to a lab and in a week, you get results. It tells you if your typical transfer day is either 1) within your implantation window, 2) pre-implantation window or 3) post- implantation window.
    If 1) is the answer, then no change is necessary. If 2) is the answer, then a retest is done but this time after 6 or 7 days of progesterone instead of just 5. If the answer is 3), then it's back to mock cycle and test again after just 3 or 4 days of progesterone. Sounds tedious but it's known to save some people a heck of a lot of money. Admittedly, the typical implantation window of 5 days of progesterone was fine for me but I know a few ladies for whom it wasn't.

Some people don't restest if the get answers 2) or 3), they just do the transfer a day earlier or later than is typical and hope it works. Bit risky for me but others have had some luck.

Angela 34
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, september2!
    Happy for your first steps! As for the abroad treatment wasn't a big deal for us due to some facts we went to Ukraine. I'm 34, being diagnosed on fallopian tubes blockage. Besides my eggs weren't good enough for the natural conceiving to be possible. Before that decision we had been trying for it for 2 years.
    Well, next the general procedure, nothing special, except real professionals and lovely people there. You know, everyone new to this deal wants to share her fears and concerns with anyone else. Talking to people like you really helps!
    So this was DE ivf in biotexcom, and it was the second attempt we achieved pregnancy with fresh donor eggs.
    Now we are blessed to have our adorable son.
    Wish oyu and everybody great luck on this painful path!

Allyonia
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all! I have one son born seven years ago.i was 46
    Unproven donor 21 years old , 27 eggs, 19 fertilized, in the end there were four great embryos that made it to 5 days blasts. Two were transferred, one stuck, that as my son. Tried a year later with our two frozen embryos. One didn't make it through the thaw and the other didn't stick.
    Flash forward seven years later still with the dream of a sibling for my son. I am now 54. Found a clinic, had a ton of screening tests. New donor 30 years old. Proven donor. 24 eggs, 19 were
    mature, 10 fertilized. They would only transfer one (3AB) 5day blastocyst this time. In the end we had 4 to freeze.
    Had a positive pregnancy test and am currently 5w3d am am anxiously awaiting my 7w ultrasound appt.
    Last edited by Allyonia; 03-02-2016 at 06:46 PM.

OrangeMood
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, i see a lot of familiar ladies here and wanted to sya congrats to everyone and to share my story.
    Like everyone else i had my doubts but the desire to give my DD (born through IVF, my eggs) a sibling was overpowering. We found a donor that has the same ethnic and religious background as me. We froze all embryos and then the first ET was an early chemical and the second result in the birth of our 2nd DD, now 5 weeks old. I love her and i feel she is totally and completely mine. Having 2 siblings myself i know how important it is to have brothers and sisters and im just soo happy i didn't let my fears to take control. We are all just overwhelmed with joy.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast