FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
New to all of this

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    forgetMenot
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

New to all of this

I don't know where to start? On august 9th, 2015 i not only found out i was pregnant i also lost my baby that day
    Its all very fresh, I'm trying to find ways to cope, i question myself a lot wondering "is this normal" I'm just looking for support.

2. Advertisement

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    So sorry to hear!! Having a m/c is always a confusing and sad time. It does happen all too often, unfortunately, and also can be totally normal for you to go on to have a healthy pregnancy in the near future. The fact you were pregnant is a huge plus and means your body is capable of pregnancy. You could discuss with your OB/GYN or Fertility Doctor the possible need for progesterone support if you find out you are pregnant again. How far along were you if you don't mind me asking? Did you have a D&C to test the tissues for cause of the m/c?
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

forgetMenot
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Faith32 View Post
    So sorry to hear!! Having a m/c is always a confusing and sad time. It does happen all too often, unfortunately, and also can be totally normal for you to go on to have a healthy pregnancy in the near future. The fact you were pregnant is a huge plus and means your body is capable of pregnancy. You could discuss with your OB/GYN or Fertility Doctor the possible need for progesterone support if you find out you are pregnant again. How far along were you if you don't mind me asking? Did you have a D&C to test the tissues for cause of the m/c?
    I had two healthy pregnancies prior to this & delivered both, C-section. anyway this time i didn't know i was pregnant, i started having horrible stomach pain to the point i went to ER, there i found out i was pregnant. i was so confused, I'm on birth control, take it the same time every morning, after the shock of finding out my husband & i sat there discussing so much together about how we were getting another baby! but less than three hours later i find out my awful stomach pain was internal bleeding, then emergency surgery, then the news of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy! so all in one day, it was a lot to hear it'd a lot to handle at one time. i was still taking the progestren only birth control pill, since i was previously breastfeeding, upon reading studied show that while taking that it can increase your chance of an ectopic, tho some doctors disagree. its inly been ten days, i try to just keep moving & go on strong for my other babies 3 & 1 yr. its hard i love them so dearly but they don't replace this one lost. thanks for your reply

SC-Faith32
    happily busy :)
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    What a rollercoaster. So sorry you had a ruptured ectopic. That is scary and traumatic all together. I hope you can heal physically and emotionally and concentrate on your little ones. Then maybe later you can try again. Hugs
    Me-36 (endo 2002), DH-42 (perfect)
    DS (adopted 2004)
    Many IUI- bfn

IVF#1-4 (2 bfn's 2 chemical's)
    IVF#5 13 ret, 12 mat, 11 fert, 8 biopsy'd = 6 normal frozen for FET
    May 13 FET-BFP- m/c @ 6 weeks
    Sept 13- FET in Oct. cancelled due to surprise BFP!!
    EDD 5/25/2014 (c-section sch. 5/8/14) It's a BOY

jlsmit20
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear that you have gone through all of this. A miscarriage is hard no matter how far along you may have been and everybody grieves in their own way. Don't pressure yourself into healing to quickly. Allow yourself the time you need to mourn and pick yourself back up when you feel that you are ready. Only you know what timing is right for you. There are days that I still really struggle and question how I am going to get through. There are days I still cry and days when people ask how I am doing and my answer is "horrible". There is nothing wrong with that. You will go through a roller coaster of emotions. In my case anger, frustration, worry, fear, sadness, and right back to the beginning again over and over again day after day. Best of luck to you. Feel free to email me sweetheart if you ever wanna talk personally about everything.
    Last edited by jlsmit20; 08-25-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    Me: 25 PCOS
    DH: 25 Low morphology

2014 Failed cycles; 6 Clomid, 2 IUI's, 1 Femara
    06/15 IVF#1: 15R, 14M, 14F, 7 frozen
    Transferred 2 (4AA blasts)
    9dp5dt beta 41, 102
    TWINS!!!
    6w3d U/S only one sac
    7w4d Diagnosed as blighted ovum
    (07/21/15) 7w4d Induced M/C
    09/15 FET #1 BFP 8dp6dt 116
    Archer Lee born at 37.4 via C section

Surprise 02/12/17!
    Due 10/17- Boy; Oliver

forgetMenot
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It has been a lot of emotions & ups & downs. Nobody understands, we have horrible family support sadly to sadly to say and nobody truly understands unless they have experienced it also. Its hard to know how i feel because when i should be focusing on what has happened instead were dealing with the craziness of other family problems. Its hard to explain but having been through a lot in my life this is by far the most difficult, trying to focus to this but being consumed by other things. We have just tried stepping back & coping in the ways we feel is "right" or best for us, I've attended a support group that has helped & look forward to attending again. Its very hard to step away from family & people you love but when you have explained many times to them & they still don't understand i don't know what else to do at this point. wow I've really been rambling on lol! i hope you are doing ok in your situation & have good support around you.