FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
All religious boards will probably be removed.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dave FT Founder
    has no status.
    FertileThoughts Founder
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy

All religious boards will probably be removed.

I have asked time and time again to be nice.

Why out of all boards do I have the most trouble with this one.
    I am a strong Christian but I'm not going to allow users to intentionally put down another user or group.

These boards are about spreading the love of God.
    Not trying to run other people down.
    If you don't understand what I'm trying to say then you probably will never understand.

This makes us look so bad. Why would anyone who is lost want to come to us for the word when we are talking so badly about other people.

We should be talking about wonderful things.
    About how much God loves all people.
    How he is there for you in your darkest hour as long as you believe.
    How there is eternal life.

Not about someone who is going to hell.etc . . .

Shameful.

I have had one complaint that I know about.
    Because of that one complaint I might get rid of all religious and faith boards. Shut them down completely.
    I just don't know what else to do.

Why should I keep the boards?

Christianity, Islam, Sprituality etc . . .

2. Advertisement

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    I know of the one incident, and was not aware there had been anymore. I thought everyone had been careful in their words since then. I know things have come up on the debate board, but that should have no bearing on this board as that is debate, and would probably be debated whether this board existed or not. This board is thriving, and I believe that the offender should be punished if they post inappropraitely, not everyone. This is the only place (the faith and religion boards) that people can come and fellowship with others who follow their beliefs.

I certainly can make the comittment to mind my words in order to keep this board. There are things I believe that other believers (and non-believers) don't. Just as there are things others believe that I don't. I learned the hard way that this is not the place to discuss those differences...but I did learn, as I believe everyone did, since there have been no repeats. This is a place to find common ground with other believers. Please give this board a chance to stay on level ground. Punish those who offend, not those who fellowship. Please.

Thank you,
    Heather
    Last edited by Ellie Mae; 01-04-2006 at 08:35 AM.

16 15 13 6 5/05

BC-Grace
    BC-Grace
    has no status.
    Edit
    I pm'd you Dave.
    Grace

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did I miss something?

Kat281
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think this is great place to share God with eachother. I will be saddend if this place goes. Please keep it. Punish the ones who offend rather than everyone.

Thank you

Kathryn
    Kat
    JJ-5
    K-3

RobinL
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty new over here on this board. I would love the chance to stay for a while. I love learning more about the bible and about how others believe and worship. Christians are such a diverse group! I agree that it should be about love. I will try very hard to be sensitive of everyone. I came to this board with the thought that it could only help strengthen my faith.
    Robin
    Duncan (surviving twin)--15yrs.
    Chloe Rose (angel twin)
    Sophie--11yrs

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I personally hope this forum will not get erased! I have met a lot of believers on this board and have gotten to know quite a few of them personally.

This is a place where we can share the scripture.

Dave, please reconsider!!

Thanks!

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    disappointing

A second chance maybe?
    JenC

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Oh no Dave. I have no idea what happened here but I would hate to see everyone punished because of a few folks or 1 person. I think all the religious boards are good to have. People are always seeking. I wish whatever happened hadn't happened to make you want to remove this board.
    Oh well, your heart was in the right place when you decided to allow it. We will have to live with whatever you decide.
    Cathy
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to see that there has been a problem...I haven't witnessed any problems...but I can imagine that there have been some.

Here is my take...I would be very disappointed to see this board...or any faith board removed. I think they are a valuable resource for knowledge and support....but I will respect your decisions here Dave. I know you work hard on this site.

For those who have posted harsh words to others...I simply remind you......Let he who is without sin cast the first stone... and....why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

We all sin and fall short of God's glory...it's not our place to try and convict others...God is the only one who knows the depths of our hearts...He is the only one able to pass judgement on others. Share God's word...but don't try to choke it down anyone...plant the seed and let God do the rest.

God bless all of you...I hope we are able to continue this forum.
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast