FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I Had A Talk With God Last Night.......

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I Had A Talk With God Last Night.......

Last night, I had a heart to heart talk with God. God knows what's on my heart, and I am giving it to him to do his will! I don't know how long it will take before his will is done, but I will patiently wait!!

2. Advertisement

sweet em
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pal! - I'm barging here but you have brought up something that I've been thinking about a lot.

Lately I've had a hard time praying for a baby anymore because I know that God knows what I want and at this point its just begging. My reasoning is that A - God is not forgetful so I don't have to remind him. B - if i truely believe that "God's will be done" I should stop begging. So I'm at a point where I feel faithless if I ask...and faithless if I don't. I guess it just hurts too much to ask and not recieve...even if there is a greater plan.

I know that is full of pride but my personal compromise is that I now ask for things to help me cope, not specifically for a baby. So I will ask that I can be at peace with the days test results...or for example tonight when I start my Follistim I'll ask, not that the cycle ends with a BFP (i'm glad God knows what these abbreviations mean ), but simply that the drugs will do their job...and consequently if I get a BFN that it isn't for physical reasons but just because "its not meant to be" at this time (that hated phrase, is it true or not?).

Like I said, I yo yo between feeling faithful and ready to accept his will, and feeling faithless and not willing to ask for something he might not give me. Today I feel like the first choice, tomorrow, who knows.

I've gotten used to and am at peace with waiting...but patiently is harder to do. I wish you the best in your patient waiting and if you have insights or secrets...please...pass them along.