FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Merry Christmas - Plans for the weekend?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Tracik
    - Save a life become a Bone Marrow Donor
    International Adoption
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

Merry Christmas - Plans for the weekend?

Hi all,
    We are getting ready to take off for my parents in a few days so I wanted to pop in and see what people are doing for Christmas.

Tomorrow night the kids are in the CHurch pagent, DD is an Angel and DS is a Cow.... I am the "head sheep" as the animals are all 2 1/2 - 4 yrs old... another dad is a shephard and will keep the stragglers moving forward. There is also a candlelight prayer service on Friday night but we will miss that.

We will go to a family service at my parents church on Christmas eve... I am bummed to miss our church's family service and I usually pop over for Midnight service after the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve and that just isn't possible at my parents house (and the proximity to the church)

It's going to be strange with Christmas being on Sunday ... the service near my folks house is at 9am and that just one't work with our schedule... our church's isn't until 10:30 and that would have worked so much better for us. Oh well.. we will go to our new Years day service and pot luck when we gethome so that will be fun.

May the Blessings of Christmas shine down on you and your family today and always.
    Wife to Tim, Mommy to 2 Guatemalan blessings
    A, Home 3/02M, Home 1/04, dx w/ALL, PH+ 4/25/08, fighting cancer & he will win

Be a Bone Marrow Donor
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/index.html

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a wish that every cup overflow with blessings & that every path leads to peace"-A.Pharo

2. Advertisement

Sconi
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you have a jam packed weekend! Enjoy the holiday and the pagent!

On Christmas Eve, DH and I will celebrate the 7 Fishes with his mother's side of the family. It is also a polyanna with 44 people! Every year we rotate who hosts the party. On Christmas we will go to Mass with DH's immediate family and following we will go to my mother's for dinner. DH and I are lucky. We both work for the government so we automatically get Monday off since Christmas falls on a Sunday.
    Me (30 something)
    TTC #1 for 14 months after not trying for 2 years.
    Bella was born 4/17/06!!

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Friday we are going two hours north to DH's parents for lunch and gift exchange. Then, we are driving south 4 hours to my parents (6 hours from DH parent's). We will have Christmas day there, and then come home Monday...TIRED I am sure!

16 15 13 6 5/05

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will be going to SIL's house Friday night, then to IL's house Friday night and Saturday, then to my parent's house Saturday night and Sunday, then to Uncle's house Sunday night. We will be doing lots of traveling!!!!

Shanda

marty419
    has no status.
    Li'l lost Texan living in Brandon, Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    We are staying home this Christmas. My in-laws are coming over Christmas Eve and we will be going to our church for a special Christmas service and communion. After that we will go back to our house to exchange gifts with them and eat. After having gifts/Santa at home we will go to my aunt's house on Christmas day (two streets away) for Christmas brunch and exchange gifts with the family there. I just love spending a quiet Christmas at home with all my family!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Always remember, Jesus is the reason for the season!!!

Feliz Navidad
    Marty
    Mommy to two Guatemalan angels
    Tyler Ross b.Aug.2, 2002 h.Dec.17, 2002
    Taylor Riana b.Apr.6, 2004 h.Nov.11, 2004

I believe that there is no such thing as an unwanted child, just unfound families.

Tracik
    - Save a life become a Bone Marrow Donor
    International Adoption
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    WOW everyone sounds like there will be lots of driving going on this weekend. Everyone Drive safely. We leave at 2 hours before the crack of dawn for my parents place in AZ.... then are there for a week before heading home.

Feliz Navidad and we will see you in the new year... and you weight loss ladies remember portion size and to treat yourself so you don't feel "cheated"..... I made my December goal now I just need to stay there
    Wife to Tim, Mommy to 2 Guatemalan blessings
    A, Home 3/02M, Home 1/04, dx w/ALL, PH+ 4/25/08, fighting cancer & he will win

Be a Bone Marrow Donor
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/index.html

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a wish that every cup overflow with blessings & that every path leads to peace"-A.Pharo