FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Planned Parenthood's Christmas Card

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Planned Parenthood's Christmas Card

I heard this on the radio this morning and it made me sick. I think you all know my stand on abortion.

Stand True E - News - December 12, 2005

Planned Parenthood the modern day King Herod

Once again Planned Parenthood has started their Christmas card sale. Not only are they raising money to kill babies, the card mocks the birth of Christ.

“Choice on Earth”, the name of the Planned Parenthood card, is a disgusting attempt to spread their message of death while exploiting the celebration of the birth of Christ.

Luke 2:11-14
    11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

The phrase “peace on earth” is based on this verse from Holy Scripture. Angels were proclaiming peace on earth and I am sure there was no thought of child killing being part of that peace.

What does the word choice mean in the context of Planned Parenthood’s card? It means abortion; it is the choice to kill your baby through abortion. In essence, Planned Parenthood is celebrating Christmas by saying “abortion on earth”. It is ironic that in the day Christ was born, King Herod was having young babies murdered.

King Herod had every boy two years or under killed because of greed, pride, power, and control. These are also some of the same sins Planned Parenthood will instill in a young woman to get her to believe that she should kill her baby.

Planned Parenthood has become a modern day King Herod. They are more concerned with their own greed than the life of an innocent child.

Their greed and selfishness is more important than life itself. They make women feel like there is no other choice for their lives than abortion. They instill in them lies about how bad their lives will be if they give birth. They make them fear losing money, control over their own lives, opportunities, and happiness.

Just like King Herod, Planned Parenthood is more concerned about their own wealth, power and position in life than anything else and they want to pass that way of thinking onto young women and the world.

They are so dedicated to this evil way of thought they are willing to mock the birth of Christ and try to steal the true meaning of Christmas.

Christmas is a time of joy and peace as we ponder the birth of our Savior. It is a time to promote love and life not a time to promote death and hatred.

Planned Parenthood has attempted to steal the meaning of Christmas and distort it as they ignore the very reason we celebrate.

For Christ I stand,

Bryan Kemper

bryankemper@standtrue.com
    Last edited by trustgod; 12-13-2005 at 12:55 PM.

2. Advertisement

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Planned parenthood is aweful. Using the birth of Christ to exploit the murder of unborn babies! Sick, makes me just SICK!!!

*Here is where I would like to insert how vile and disgusting that organization is and how against Christ they are. But, I must refrain, as I don't want this post deleted.*

16 15 13 6 5/05

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Planned Parenthood is aweful! Sure they show the "Silent Scream" video to some of the people that come through there, but then they also give a list of doctors who will help them "choose" to do whatever they want!!

wildfire
    is a nursing student!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    where is the vomit smiley?

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by 2GIRLS4ME
    where is the vomit smiley?
    I was looking for it too!

16 15 13 6 5/05

happygal
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all. I don't post here often, but do lurk from time to time. I have to say that the Planned Parenthood card is ridiculous, wrong and in bad taste. As a Christian it disturbs me greatly. Mocking the birth of Christ is wrong and Planned Parenthood should be called out on that. But, the editorial submitted with it, in my opinoin, is also offensive by some of the things that are said. It is a man giving his opinion on Planned Parenthood and what they do or don't do. Planned Parenthood can and does do a lot of good for many people/women. It is NOT just an organization that ONLY promotes people to "kill babies." Yes, they are a pro-choice organization and put a lot of money that way, but that is not the ONLY thing they counsel. They do not "counsel" abortion, but it is an OPTION they discuss. I personally wish BOTH sides would spend their time/money promoting adoption. Also, please keep in mind that every Christian is not black and white on this abortion issue, and it doesn't make me any less of a follower of Jesus. I guess that is about it. Btw, I am NOT trying to start a debate here, I just wanted to say that it makes Christians like me very uncomfortable to post here when I read something like that. Thanks
    Last edited by happygal; 12-14-2005 at 03:06 PM.

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that adoption is a better choice and that is where the focus should be. My point is that I feel abortion should not even be an OPTION. It is murder. I have researched the ways that abortion is done and these are not some tissue in the womb, these are living breathing children who are being killed in vicious ways.

The card by Planned Parenthood is very offensive to me and I agree with the views of the person who wrote the editorial. I did not mean to offend anyone and did not wish to start a debate.

happygal
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I understand that is your feeling about abortion. It is what you believe and I respect that completely. I, too am not "for" abortion, but that isn't what I was trying to say- I wasn't even talking about abortion. As you may recall, I too, was extremely unimpressed with the card. What I was trying to say, maybe not all that well I guess , was that this man's words about Planned Parenthood, simply aren't correct. They do not force anyone into abortion or try to make women choose that option. It is the way it was written as he is clearly passionate, but also wrong in saying planned parenthood "tries to get a young woman to believe she should kill her baby." I just don't believe that and to me, it was offensive. That's it. I'll check back, but probably wont' ppst again about it.
    Last edited by happygal; 12-14-2005 at 03:09 PM.

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, here's where I get to step out and get stepped on..
    I personally do not have a problem with Planned Parenthood. No, I do not agree with abortion and I do not think that women should have unfettered access to them, but PP does more than offer abortion counseling.

PP also offers birth control (which to my way of thinking cuts down on the abortion rate a lot), prenatal care and counseling, and general reproductive health care.

When I was in college I went to PP for birth control (it was before I was saved and realized that premarital sex was wrong). They wouldn't give it to me and made me go to my regular doctor. The tests that they performed showed that something was wrong with my uterus..and that is how the 5lb tumor I had was diagnosed. So, yeah, PP offers abortions as one of their "services" but their other services are of great value and I don't think it is right to discount them completely over the abortion issue. Its not like PP is the ONLY place a woman can go to kill her baby.
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

BC-Grace
    BC-Grace
    has no status.
    Edit
    Thank you for an intelligent discussion.

I do not want anyone to feel they are going to post here and be attacked.

The Lord is mighty and can/does use bad things for the good of the Kingdom.
    Grace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast