FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
UpWords from Max Lucado: Train Up A Child In The Way He Should Go

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

UpWords from Max Lucado: Train Up A Child In The Way He Should Go

Crankcase Oil coursed my dad's veins. He repaired oil-field engines for a living and rebuilt car engines for fun. He worked in grease and bolts like sculptors work in clay; they were his media of choice. Dad loved machines.

But God gave him a mechanical moron, a son who couldn't differentiate between a differential and a brake disc. My dad tried to teach me. I tried to learn. Honestly, I did. But more than once I actually dozed off under the car on which we were working. Machines anesthetized me.

But books fascinated me. I biked to the library a thousand times. What does a mechanic do with a son who loves books?

He gives him a library card. Buys him a few volumes for Christmas. Places a lamp by his bed so he can read at night. Pays tuition so his son can study college literature in high school. My dad did that.

You know what he didn't do? Never did he say, "Why can't you be a mechanic like your dad and grandfather?" Maybe he understood my heart. Or maybe he didn't want me to die of hunger. But somehow he knew to "train up a child in the way he should go."

God doesn't give parents manuscripts to write, but code to decode. Study your kids while you can. The greatest gift you can give your children is not your riches, but revealing to them their own.
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

2. Advertisement

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Wow, that was cool. A great reminder.

16 15 13 6 5/05