FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Lately, I Have Felt Like My Faith Is Being Tested

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Lately, I Have Felt Like My Faith Is Being Tested

Hi everyone! I have been feeling like my faith is being tested. On Sunday night, I had a dream that I was approached by the devil. The devil told me that I would die in my sleep if I was a believer of Christ. He asked me if I believed in Christ, and I told him "yes, I am a believer." He then told me that he would spare me my life if I changed my answer. I stood up to him and said that I was a believer and I would never change my answer. Well then, I felt kind of weird and woke-up quickly. I looked around and saw that I was in my room and went back to sleep. For the rest of the night, I had horrible dreams. I was exhausted when I woke-up yesterday.

Today, I took a pg test because I'm on cd40 and don't feel any symptoms of approaching. Of course I got a BFN. I just feel so sad and want to cry.

I just feel like I'm being tested or something. I know my faith is strong, but it is just a weird feeling I have.

2. Advertisement

MommaRitz
    happy to be back!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awe Big Hugs sweety. Our faith is tested every day in one way or another. Im sorry for you BFN that doesnt help Im sure. Stay Strong and know the Lord is there for you to call on. Lean on him and us as much as you need.
    M (32) DH(34)

C - 6 yrs old
    D - 4 yrs
    A -1 YEAR OLD

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey girl,

I think everyone's faith is being tested right now. I feel that God is going through his church and seeing who is really a true believer and who is not. It's purification time. Just take joy in the fact that you are a child of God and he has you in his hands.

Love ya,

Shanda

edited to add: BTW, I am on cd53 so you are not alone.
    Last edited by trustgod; 12-06-2005 at 05:44 PM.

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    First of all, prayers for you ladies in your cycles.

Second of all...let me say this. Satan loves to attack us in our sleep. We had a sermon about this awhile back, and I wish I could remeber what was said. I do remember two things though...John 10:10 "The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but I come so that you may have life and have it abundantly." and another 1 John 4:4 "Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world".

When we are getting stronger in our walk with God, it is a threat to satan. As long as we're stagnant or regressing, the devil is not threatened, but when he knows we are going to do something to give glory to God, he tries to intervene and stop us. One of those times when we are most vunrable (sp?) is in our sleep.

Right now I am just rebuking satan's presence in your life. The Lord has come so that YOU may have an abundant life and he is IN you, and greater than any thing satan can throw at you.

Maybe before you go to bed, read some scripture to give you stregth while you sleep.

Hugs,
    Heather

16 15 13 6 5/05

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Eli Mae- you said it better than I could have- Satan puts you in his radar when you are doing things of God- he'll leave you alone when he "has" you.
    Our church has been under attack as we are planning a move to a new facility- one where 100,000 cars pass every few days! I find reciting scripture as I fall to sleep helps... I pray you get a good night's sleep tonight. And I am sorry about the BFN... sigh...
    JenC