FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Would like some prayers if possible!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    TracyinMN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Would like some prayers if possible!

We have some major decisions to make regarding my job situation and our living arrangements and I am having a terrible time with clarity about it.

Briefly - we were going to buy my mom's house from her, but that fell apart because she has decided she wants to stay on the property and have us live there too. Not the most ideal situation for us for a few reasons and at first I said absolutely not, but we are now trying to make it work. We have to come up with a way to make an apartment or suite or something on the property or in the house or something so that she and her husband can continue to live there indefinitely, but so that we can have the majority (or all) of the house for our use.

Cost is a factor, my mom smoking like a dirty chimney is a factor - many things are a factor. It's on the other side of town (about 45 - 50 minutes away on a good travel day) and we really want to be over there, but it's much more expensive there than it is where we live now. In addition, my job has not been ideal for many reasons, but mostly because my income has gone down about $20,000 in the last two years. There is always the possibility it will go up, but it seems like now is a good time to find a new job since I don't make much. It won't be much of a loss financially to go start over. The job I'd like to go for is over by my mom's house - a long commute. If we move in with mom or buy something else, it will make sense, but if we stay here that is a terribly long commute with two young children when I could probably find something more nearby. (And I have GOT to do something job wise because I am just not making enough money - and I don't like what I'm doing. If I loved it or it meant something intrinsically, I would overlook the lack of pay. Instead it's a stressfull, draining job and I'm not sure that I'm really suited for it.)

I want to do what God wants me to do, but I am having trouble knowing what that is.

Any prayers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Tracy
    DH Mike
    DD Ella 9
    DD Grace 7
    Bonus kids: Christine 26 and Andrew 23
    Granddaughter Madison: 2!

2. Advertisement

AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    prayers lifted for you...try to be patient and trust in God. He'll give you the answers you need...you just have to be ready to listen...and be open minded! God bless you and guide you girl!
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

robine
    in line for the re education camp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cold
    Will lift your concerns up...
    in
    When the loudest opponent of your policies achieves his greatest success because of them

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    May God guide you in the right direction and give you the strength to overcome any obstacles that you may face with your present and/or new job and present and/or new living conditions.

As one of the songs my 5 year olds sing in our Sunday School class, "The Lord is good. He cares for those who trust in him."

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I pray the Lord to reveal His direction in your family's future.
    JenC

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm praying for your situationa nd that God guides you in your decisions. Let us knwo what you decide.

Hugs,
    Heather

16 15 13 6 5/05