FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Question of the Day - December 2, 2005

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question Question of the Day - December 2, 2005

How do you feel when you are at church and how do you feel when you leave from there?

2. Advertisement

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have been spending a tremendous amount of time at church because I am helping with various things. While I am there, I feel so happy. I forget about other worries I have and I can feel the spirit of the Lord in his house. When I leave from there, I still feel his presence and I am just happy!

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love church! I love worshipping with other believers! I think sometimes we think we feel God's presence more while at church just because we are more focused on him there. I feel God's presence just as much anywhere else. I think realizing he is with us and focusing on him instead of all the distractions around us, we will always feel his presence.

Sconi
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel very calm and connected at church. I try to keep that feeling everyday.

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    I feel content at church. Embraced. It feeds my hunger. I once read this little story, and it is exactly how I feel.

Why Go To Church?

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this ... They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!" When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

16 15 13 6 5/05