FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
A Great Book for those who "do" Santa

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Tracik
    - Save a life become a Bone Marrow Donor
    International Adoption
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

A Great Book for those who "do" Santa

At our house we embrace the whole christmas season.... Jesus, Santa, Rudolf, Frosty and anything else that fills my heart and spirit with joy of the season.... I just LOVE Christmas... the lights, the music, the bell ringers, the smells, the food (though I shouldn't like that so much LOL) and just everything.

My friend gave me this Terrific book that ties Santa and the Birth of Jesus together beautifully so I wanted to share with other's who are trying to do the same. The book is called "Santa's Favorite Story" by Hisako Aoki and Ivan Gantschev. It tells the story of animals finding a tired santa asleep in the woods and their fear that christmas will be cancelled. Then santa tells them his favorite story (the birth of jesus) and that is the reason for Christmas not him. The animals discover the true meaning fo the holiday and santa feels rejuvinated after remembering why he works so hard on christmas... for the glory of christ. My only complaint is that the illustrations are only OK.... DD is very into the pictures of the story and this one is to "water color effect" for us
    Last edited by Tracik; 12-02-2005 at 12:34 AM.
    Wife to Tim, Mommy to 2 Guatemalan blessings
    A, Home 3/02M, Home 1/04, dx w/ALL, PH+ 4/25/08, fighting cancer & he will win

Be a Bone Marrow Donor
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/index.html

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a wish that every cup overflow with blessings & that every path leads to peace"-A.Pharo

2. Advertisement

Sconi
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The book sounds interesting and it's nice that "Santa Claus" and Jesus were combined. There really was a "Santa Claus" and a lot of people I know don't realize that. St. Nicholas is one person where "Santa" originated from. His feast day is 12/6.

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=371

Here is a short exert from the above web page.

"We are assured that from his earliest days Nicholas would take nourishment only once on Wednesdays and Fridays, and that in the evening according to the canons. "He was exceedingly well brought up by his parents and trod piously in their footsteps. The child, watched over by the church enlightened his mind and encouraged his thirst for sincere and true religion". His parents died when he was a young man, leaving him well off and he determined to devote his inheritance to works of charity. An opportunity soon arose. A citizen of Patara had lost all his money, and had moreover to support three daughters who could not find husbands because of their poverty; so the wretched man was going to give them over to prostitution. This came to the ears of Nicholas, who thereupon took a bag of gold and, under cover of darkness threw it in at the open window of the man's house. Here was a dowry for the eldest girl and she was soon duly married. At intervals Nicholas did the same for the second and third; at the last time the father was on the watch, recognized his benefactor and overwhelmed him with his gratitude. "

4blessings
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have that book too and my kids really like it! It does a great job of tying the two things together!
    Anne
    Mommy to:
    Stefanie, Nina, Isabella, And Natalie

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I need to find that book and read it to the 5 year olds in my Sunday School class.