FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Is it just me.....(same as prayer bb)

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me.....(same as prayer bb)

Or does it seem like President Bush has been SERIOUSLY under attack for being a Christian lately? It seems to be all over the news...certain groups are angry that he is leading this country according to his Christian faith and disciplines! Ugh! I'm so proud to have a Christian president...and I think we need to cover him in prayer often. I pray for him to have God's guidance, wisdom, perserverence.....and protection. I also pray for our country in general...giving thanks that we are here and not somewhere else in this scary world. ...and that our freedoms will continue on for our children and their children. I pray for our world...for all those in position of power to change things...good and bad...that they'd be filled with the Holy Spirit and make the changes needed to promote peace in this world.

For some reason it's weighing heavy on my today...would you pray about it also?

Thanks! God bless!
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

2. Advertisement

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yes, it bothers me that people attack him for leading based on values. They knew he was a Christian before he was in office, and it seems to me that the MAJORITY of people here in the USA voted for him, so, what did they expect. I am proud to have a president that knows Christ and does his best to lead by example. He seeks God's guidance as the #1 advisor on his cousel, PRAISE GOD! I pray that we get more and more leaders that seriously seek God and not just say it to get some votes. I have this blinkie that I LOVE!

I think it is imperative that we pray for him everyday, as well as the other leaders of our country. I am in prayer with you!

Thanks for posting this!

Heather

16 15 13 6 5/05

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I too love the fact that our President is a Christian! It just goes to show that he knows who really has the "power" to run the nation.

Eli Mae, where did you get that blinkie? I love it!!

I will pray with you!!

RobinL
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, for one, am not one of his fans. The majority of Americans did not vote for him (consider how many people do not even bother to vote) but, I do agree that he needs our prayers. I pray for him at church along with the whole congregation, but this is a good reminder to pray for him more often.
    Robin
    Duncan (surviving twin)--15yrs.
    Chloe Rose (angel twin)
    Sophie--11yrs

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    LOL Robin, I meant the majority of VOTERS. I guess we will never know the "vote" of the rest of Americans, since they chose not to voice their opinions. And you don't have to be a fan of the man to pray for him and our country, all Christians should pray for our leaders whether they like them or not...Lord KNOWS I'd being having some serious political prayer time if that other person was in office. But we won't go there.

16 15 13 6 5/05

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush is a christian? You couldn't prove it to me by the decisions he's made and the lies he's told. sorry - I have relatives in Iraq that I love dearly and I think Bush lied to us so he could have a valid excuse to go to war. Now, I don't claim to know anyone's heart - but you're supposed to be able to tell a Christian by the fruit they bear..and in my eyes at least, this man's fruit is pretty rotten.
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    I think this post should be moved to the debate board now...the point has shifted from supporting our leaders and their values with prayer, to bashing. We all make mistakes, that does not bar us from being a Christian, it makes us human. Yes, I believe he is truly a Christian...Christian is not perfection, it's forgiveness.

16 15 13 6 5/05

AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suicide mentioned....

Sorry to start a debate ladies. I guess my request should have just been to pray for our world leaders...especially president Bush...and of course for all of our military men and women. I too have loved ones that have been in Iraq and are currently serving. My step brother committed suicide with in a year of being home....(he had other issues in his life that contributed also)...we all hurt for those who are there....and I pray that they will all be home safe and soon....and that they will leave peace behind.

I'm alright with moving this thread if needed. I don't know how to do that though.

God bless ladies...
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    No, AuntT, it does not need to be moved. It was just taking a turn towards debate, & I was pointing it out in probably too sarcastic of manner. I am sorry. I knew the intent of your message...it was support and prayer.

(((((hugs)))))

16 15 13 6 5/05

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eli Mae and AuntT-sorry ladies :Blush: This is a sore subject for me. I'll keep my fingers off the keyboard on this subject from now on..
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast