FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
The Consequences of Unconfessed Sin

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Consequences of Unconfessed Sin

This week's promise: God is always calling us back to him

The consequences of unconfessed sin

"If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer."

Psalm 66:18-19 NLT

The elephant in the room

It is bad to be in trouble. It is worse to be in trouble and on the outs with God. According to this passage, penned by King David, if we are harboring sinful attitudes in our hearts or willfully indulging in sinful activities, we should not expect God to respond to our prayers.

This is not because God doesn't love us. He does—more than we realize. It's not because God doesn't want to help us. He longs to deliver us. It's simply that a holy God cannot wink at sin or look the other way. Intimacy with God requires honesty, humility, purity.

For us to attempt to approach God without first addressing the ways in which we have knowingly offended and wronged him is an exercise in futility. Sin is the "elephant in the room" that must be acknowledged and dealt with. Once we do that, we again enjoy sweet fellowship with God. Clean and forgiven, we can be sure he hears our please for help.

Praying God's Promise:

"Lord, you do not listen to my prayers when I have unconfessed sin in my life. By your Spirit give me the humility I need to take a hard look at my soul. Show me, God, any wrong attitudes and actions that I need to acknowledge. I want to be right with you. I want to be close to you. Thank you for pledging to hear those who humble themselves and acknowledge their sin. May my sins, which block me from you when I don't confess them, become a bridge to you as I admit them, forsake them, and experience your forgiveness."

2. Advertisement

AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I should pray more often for unconfessed sin to reveal itself.
    JenC

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Wow, I needed that word! Thank you!

16 15 13 6 5/05