FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Weight Loss Group - Sunday, Nov. 27

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Weight Loss Group - Sunday, Nov. 27

Week 1:

this is it ladies (and gents if any)..week one..
    I wanted to cry when I got on the scale this morning..I tried to remind myself that I pigged out yesterday on purpose because I knew it would be my last binge day..I had pepperoni pizza and ice cream. So this morning I found out that my 5'8" frame was carrying 173lbs. Not outrageously huge considering at my highest I weighed over 250lbs..but not anywhere near my ideal goal of 153 either. So, here I go, operation 20 lbs by my 40th birthday (June 3).

I get up at 5am every morning and go 20-30 minutes on my treadmill, do the 30 minute Winsor pilates video and then every other day I add 30 minutes of weights..and that's all before I go to work for 8 hours, whew..

Next??

Dawn
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

2. Advertisement

AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me next!

For those who don't know me...here's a little info. I'm 29 (30 on Christmas Day! Ugh!) I am married...dh is 34...and dd Allie Mae is 2 1/2. I am a sahm...and feel blessed to be one!

I am about 5 foot 6 or so...and weigh about 156 on my scale at home. That may be a little light...but it's the only scale I have to weigh on..so I'll just adjust my weight loss according to that scale. My goal is to lose about 10 to 15 pounds...we are going on a cruise the end of February I think...so I'll use that date as my goal date.

I started last week going to the gym three mornings each week at 5:30 and do the treadmil and work some machines. The other days I try to do some sit ups...pilates...etc. Just trying to eat better and drink more water. Cut out soda!

Thanks for starting the thread!
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    here's my info. I'm 45 and also blessed to be a SAHM for now. I have 2 DS thru the miracle of domestic US adoption. DS #1 is 5 and DS#2 is 4. (They are 12 months apart) My oldest child was dx w/pddnos (autism spectrum disorder)3 years ago. He is doing amazing! Rylan is my sidekick. Ian is on a special diet for autism which has helped him tremendously but caused me to gain 30 pounds. (I am a sucker for trying new food) Anyway, the scale this morning wasn't pretty at 169 but I know a lot of that is water weight and from the stuff I pigged out on yesterday knowing I'd be back on track today. My goal is to lose 39 pounds. I'm 5'2.
    Cathy
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 28, will be 29 on Christmas Eve. I don't think I will start right now because I am going to pig out at Christmas. I have lost 40 lbs since last year, though, so I know you guys can do it!! I am 5' tall and weigh 125 lbs.

TracyinMN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I'm 38, 5'4" and weigh around 155 (I weigh in tonight). My highest without being pregnant was 172. I officially started weight watchers about 4 months ago and am down only 10 lbs (although at one point it was 11 lbs and I am guessing it's more like 7 or 8 after this weekend). My goal is to weigh 128 which will be a total of 35 lbs of weight loss.

I lost 39 lbs on weight watchers in 2002 and it was FABULOUS! Course then I got pg again and ate like a piggy again! So here we are, and since I know I'm not having any more kids and that eating well is going to have to be a way of life, I am having trouble sticking with it.

I don't exercise. I'd like to, but we can't afford a club membership (nor could I find the time) and it's too dark and cold here in MN to go outside this time of year. I'd like a treadmill but we don't have a lot of room. I am considering purchasing a cheap one that folds up for more space.

Here we go!
    Tracy
    DH Mike
    DD Ella 9
    DD Grace 7
    Bonus kids: Christine 26 and Andrew 23
    Granddaughter Madison: 2!

Tracik
    - Save a life become a Bone Marrow Donor
    International Adoption
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Hi Ladies,
    Just wanted to invite you all over to the Health and Wellness board as well It is a great group of ladies with great ideas and lots of support.

I have lost 29lbs in the past 9 weeks (I have SOOOO much more weight to loose then most of you my goal is 100lbs by my 40th birthday in November) The H&W ladies have suggested some great things when I have had my challenge weeks and I have lost or maintained every week since I have started.

Tracy.... You might look into the "Walk Away the Pounds" video's. They are great, a fun work out and cheap. She has 30 minute up to 1 hour programs, with or without weights. I do them when DH is traveling and I can't make it to Curves (which I LOVE).

Good luck ladies... You can do it
    Wife to Tim, Mommy to 2 Guatemalan blessings
    A, Home 3/02M, Home 1/04, dx w/ALL, PH+ 4/25/08, fighting cancer & he will win

Be a Bone Marrow Donor
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/index.html

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a wish that every cup overflow with blessings & that every path leads to peace"-A.Pharo