FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
The sin of gluttony

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

The sin of gluttony

oh my...it is a sin you know, to not take care of the body that God gave us..I've read that it is akin to defiling the temple..because after all, our body is the temple that the Holy Spirit inhabits..

Oh boy..I need some help on this front..I gained 5 pounds after thanksgiving and starting Sunday I am going to be returning to my weight watchers program and getting this ole body of my back into condition as it pleases the Lord..anyone want to join me??

I have a goal of losing between 15 and 20 pounds...

Dawn
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

2. Advertisement

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have "decorated" my temple with a couple of tattoos and body piercing at one time or another. I have more than one hole in my ear. LOL

My mother told me all about the whole temple thing when I told her I wanted a tattoo. Little did she know that I had already gotten it.

I did ask God for forgiveness for doing it. There is one tattoo that I want to cover up with something else. I guess I will have to really pray about that since it isn't the right thing to do to the temple.

Also, I need to lose some weight. PCOS is killing my body. I was really fit before it took a toll on my body. I need to get back to the gym.

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    jcaballero13-lol..decorated your temple? I like the way you put that!
    What is PCOS?
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in! I started last week...going to the gym three mornings a week at 5:30 (Yikes!) That's the only time I can go though really. Dh leaves for work by 6:30 or 7. He offered to stay home until 7 three mornings each week so I can go and work out...come home and shower...and he'll take care of Allie for me if she is up before I'm done! What a sweetie! I'm not way overweight...but I would really like to loose about 10 to 15 pounds. We are going on a CRUISE in February! Woo Hoo! So that is some extra incentive to shed a few pounds. I've just gotten lazy...shame on me!

So...accountability partners is what I need! Let's keep in touch about it!
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    My weight wathcers fell by the wayside over Thanksgiving too. I am back on track Monday (my weigh in day).

16 15 13 6 5/05

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, alrighty!!!
    So, I'll start a new thread every Sunday and you all can check in with your weigh-in (you can add it on which ever day is your typical weigh in day) and anything else you want to share..work out schedule, food intake, questions, cries for support, helpful hints, etc..

Let's get healthy together!

Dawn
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Chrissii
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed!" Proverbs 16:3.
    Just wanted to offer some words of encouragment! I'm sure you will all do great! I spent two years on a motivational lecture curcuit discussing wellness and health. I can tell you one of the most powerful tools in finding optimal health is to have an accountability partner!
    Have you read 'Body by God?' It's a great book, with a well rounded, practical approach to health and nutrition. I'm using some of this material for a new series I am scheduled to begin in Jan.
    Chrissi & Crew:
    Kelsa 17, Isaac 16,
    Grace 8, Mercy 8, Elijah 7, Gideon 7, Moses 5 (all born in Guatemala),
    Glory 5(private,open,domestic adoption)

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I'm in. I actually started this past week. I'm on WW too and I made it thru Thanksgiving and Friday and a 20 hour car ride with very little trouble. It was great. I did not plan as well for our return trip (another 20 hour car ride)so I'll get back on track Monday and I'll adjust my Flex points to reflect 5 days instead of the full 7. My weigh in day is Saturday. My goal is 40 pounds.
    Cathy
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn
    jcaballero13-lol..decorated your temple? I like the way you put that!
    What is PCOS?

PCOS = Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

I too follow weight watchers and have totally gotten off track. I will get back on track tomorrow. I really need to get back to Curves also.

JCABALLERO13 = TOTAL SLACKER! LOL

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    My weigh in is Monday...but, AF just showed up, so I am sure with eating wrong and AF things won't be pretty! I get 24 points a day. I weigh 192 right now, I had been down to 188, but so much for that! My high weight was 210, back in October. Well, 192 is not official, so I will "weigh in" later. LOL. I want to get to 145. I would be happy with being in the 150's though.

16 15 13 6 5/05

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast