FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Newdow Files Suit To Take National Motto Off Currency, FW: Newdow Files Suit To Take

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Newdow Files Suit To Take National Motto Off Currency, FW: Newdow Files Suit To Take

Michael Newdow, who has already filed a suit to take "under God" out of the Pledge of Allegiance, is now suing to remove our national motto from our currency.

Newdow told the ACLU of Oklahoma that the national motto on U.S. currency is a violation of the separation of church and state. He is offended because he is an atheist. He wants to use the Federal courts to make his atheism the official religion of America.

Newdow filed in the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals which recently ruled that judges, not parents, have the final say in what will be taught school children concerning sex education. These same liberal judges supported Newdow and ruled that the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional. That suit was dismissed due to a technicality so Newdow sued again.

The 9th U.S. Circuit is expected to agree with Newdow. The case will then go to the U.S. Supreme Court for final action.

Help us secure one million signatures on the petition below to stop Newdow. Remember that only one person—Madelyn Murray O'Hare—was able to get prayer in schools banned. We must not allow one person—Newdow—to get our national motto removed from our currency by our silence.

During the last session of Congress, Representative Chip Pickering introduced a constitutional amendment to guarantee the right to use and recite the motto and the Pledge of Allegiance. Your petition will encourage Rep. Pickering to re-introduce his constitutional amendment in the present session of Congress and send a message to the liberal judges of the 9th U.S. Circuit.

Please act quickly, and forward this to friends and family.

Follow the link below to add your name to this important issue.
    Go to http://www.afa.net/petitions/signpetition.asp

{Hope the link works!!}

Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
    American Family Association

P.S. Please forward this e-mail message to your family and friends!

2. Advertisement

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Give me a break!
    This should make you smile. My DS Ian was having his kindergarten Thanksgiving show today in his classroom and each child stood in line dressed as either Iandians or Pilgrims. One at a time they stepped forward, stated their name and then said "I am thankful for_________." When it was Ian's turn he stepped forward, said "My name is Ian_____. I am thankful for the Lord."

Take that Michael Newdow.

Doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible .....a child shall lead them.....

One very proud Momma,
    Cathy
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great kid! Mom should be very proud!!

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Sad, sad, sad, lost man!!!

And what a wonderful BOLD statement from Ian!!! If we all just had the faith of a child!

16 15 13 6 5/05

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    is this for real? It just sounds so much like the kind of stuff urban legends are made out of..what would it cost to retool the treasury, collect up all the old money and circulate the new stuff? This guy is nuts! No wonder his wife left him and took the kids!
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    And I have to add to my brag. Ian was diagnosed with autism at the age of 2.5. He is now in a regular kindergarten class with 1 hour of resource each day. Whahoo!!!!! he truly is a miracle child but then both of my boys are.....and via the miracle of domestic adoption!!!!
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

wildfire
    is a nursing student!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy
    There is no law separating church and state. He won't win

It was a phrase in a letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to the colonists reassuring them that the new country would not force them to abide by a state mandated religion like the Church of England did.

TylersDad
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will first pray for Newdow's soul. I really do hope he comes to Christ.

As stated above, the 1st Amendment only guarantees that the church will not suffer intrusion from the government, not that public figures can't express their beliefs, or that they can't use thier beliefs in the formulating of policy or law.

I may be taking an unpopular stand here, but it really doesn't matter to me if "under God" is on our money. Christ showed His thoughts about it when He asked whose face was on the dinari, and then said to give it back to that person.

Yeah, I believe there is certain discrimination against Christians in this country, but I also don't think it's ordained to expect the government to display our witness. Governing bodies are there to rule over man, not glorify God. We are supposed to do that, in our lives, our actions, and our words.

Please don't think of this as a rant, because it isn't. It's just how I feel, and I hope no one gets offended by it.
    DH to Marty419

Proud Papa to Tyler who came home to us December 19, 2002.

Proud Papa to Taylor, who is waiting to come home.

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Marc!
    yeah, I have to agree with you..give to God what belongs to God and pay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar..
    Besides, the book of Revelation clearly states to expect this sort of thing. Instead of getting upset about it, I think we should be jumping up and down praising God and working hard to be as ready as possible for His return. He's coming..and the time is getting closer with every passing day!
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7