FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Have any of you read "Supernatural Childbirth...?"

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    TracyinMN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Have any of you read "Supernatural Childbirth...?"

The whole name is "Supernatural Childbirth: Experiencing God's Promises Concerning Conception and Delivery" by Jackie Mize. (Please forgive a slight error in the title - pretty sure it's very close if not right).

The reason I ask?

It is a very interesting book about the ability of a tithing, Christian woman to have a pain free childbirth. Okay - that part didn't work for me, but I did find it incredibly helpful during my struggle with IF. I recommited my life to Christ a few times through reading this book. It is a very loving, very eye-opening book.

I highly recommend it...

Oh, and if you notice my avatar and signature - I'm not struggling with IF anymore!
    Tracy
    DH Mike
    DD Ella 9
    DD Grace 7
    Bonus kids: Christine 26 and Andrew 23
    Granddaughter Madison: 2!

2. Advertisement

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I want to get that book! I have it on my "wish list" to get soon! I hear it works wonders...........

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I have never heard of this book. There is so much to learn!
    JenC
    edited to add- not that I will need it!

TracyinMN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaballero13
    I hear it works wonders...........
    Well, it truly did for me.

And I wanted to add - I looked at the book and the preface is written by the author's husband. He specifically says in there that although the book gets publicity for being about painfree childbirth because his wife achieved that, it is not actually about that, but is about conceiving when you don't think you can, carrying a child to term and delivering a healthy baby!
    Tracy
    DH Mike
    DD Ella 9
    DD Grace 7

technoidiot
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did, I posted my opinion about this on another post on this board titled "Captivating by Stasi and John Eldridge". It is a post discussing some different books. You can read my "review" there.
    waiting to be parents someday somehow

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I ordered the book yesterday. I can hardly wait for it to get here!!

GodzGirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize-read it, done it :)

I am due with my 4th child in 18 days and I came across the Supernatural Childbirth book during my 3rd pregnancy. Prior to my 3rd pregnancy, I had 2 miscarriages and 2 births. With the first 2 children, I dealt with gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia. Before my second pregnancy, I gave my life back to Christ after being a backslider for 12 years. I started attending a Bible church- a church where healing and the gifts of the Spirit are taught. I was so new to this, it never occurred to me to pray for a pain free childbirth.

I had begun praying for my husband's salvation and he had a lung condition and I was praying for his healing. When I came across Jackie's book, I really wanted to experience what it meant to rely on God and His Word for healing so that my faith would be strong enough to really truly believe and trust in God for my husband's healing.

During my 3rd pregnancy, I followed the book to a T. I highlighted prayers, passages, Scriptures, etc. that really spoke to me. I personally prayed against gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia. I prayed for painfree contractions, a fast labor and delivery, a long umbilical cord (so I would not have a c-section) and no apesiotomy. I thought I would go into labor saying all the Scriptures and prayers I had written out to take with me. When the time arrived, I was just down to rebuking the fear and "God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of peace and love and of a sound mind." The key was to pray, quote, and build a solid foundation for faith prior to the first contraction.
    Long story short...if that is possible now!! I went into labor, I had no pain, just pressure with each contraction, I gave birth 3 hours after the first contraction, my doctor said, "I have never seen such a long umbilical cord", and I did not have an apesiotomy.

As I said before, I wanted my faith stronger and I wanted a closer relationship with God for my husband's healing and salvation. Three months after giving birth, my husband was healed instantaneously when I 'drug him to church kicking and screaming'. When he was healed, he gave his life to Christ and now works in our Youth Church twice a month. He no longer thinks we are a bunch of 'nuts' because we believe God heals!!!

I am currently reading the book again and gearing up for another supernatural childbirth. When I am tested or feel my faith wavering in certain areas of life, I have the childbirth experience to go back to and see the goodness of God. I always want Him to be my supply and my strength. This was a perfect opportunity to put total faith and trust in my Jesus. He is so awesome!!

TracyinMN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Wow! Awesome testimoney GodzGirl! If I weren't done having kids I'd definitely be re-reading the book! In fact, I think it would be great to re-read anyway - if only I could find it! (And not to mention, if dh saw me reading that, he'd probably have a heart attack! )
    Tracy
    DH Mike
    DD Ella 9
    DD Grace 7

GodzGirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Supernatural Childbirth

I would like to emphasis a point that Jackie Mize makes in her book...don't do anything foolish or try to be some 'super Christian' when you give birth!! If you want or need medication, USE IT!!! After all, Jesus needed Simeon to help him carry his cross to the crucifixion!!
    Could I have gone through births 1 and 2 without the assistance of pain medication? I doubt it. There are 14 years between my first 2 children. #3 came 20 months after #2 and I felt confident and prepared. Will I have pain medication with #4? I don't know. Every child is unique and different and every experience in childbirth can be an opportunity to draw closer to God. The important thing is this- please pray for God given wisdom and guidance as you prepare to deliver your children!!!