FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
random thoughts

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed

random thoughts

Hi-
    I was so excited to see a Christianity forum because my faith is such a huge part of who I am. On the other forums I am careful not to talk about it so as not to offend anyone with differing beliefs. Now here, on our very own Christianity forum, I feel guarded, where before I felt I could finally be myself, ask questions, etc.

Keep in mind I had nothing earthshaking or wild and crazy or even controversial to post but I am saddened by the fact that now we have to be guarded for fear we may offend someone who is lurking. I am not talking about posts that judge in any way others beliefs, I am talking about ones where we discuss our own interpretations of the Bible which just by their very nature could offend someone of another belief.

I am not trying to start anything, I am just writing how I feel. My purpose is only to express some sadness I am feeling.
    In His Grip!
    Cathy
    Last edited by Cathy; 11-12-2005 at 06:58 AM.
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

2. Advertisement

tinatinva
    just is..
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Cathy,

I am so sorry that you feel that way. We do have to recognize that even as Christians we will have differing viewpoints on things. We should all agree to respect them as we are all a part of the same Family of God.

We should be able to explore and expand ourselves here as we grow in our faith and walk through this world together.
    Last edited by tinatinva; 11-12-2005 at 07:51 AM.
    Tinatinva DD 01/09/01 DS 10/22/03 DS 06-19-06 My 3 FET miracles!!![SIZE=2]
    Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength. -Unknown

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hi Tina,
    I edited my post to try to make it clearer because I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I agree with you 1000% with what you wrote.
    We do have to recognize that even as Christians we will have differing viewpoints on things. We should all agree to respect them as we are all a part of the same Family of God.
    I hope that makes it clearer.
    Blessings,
    Cathy
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

tinatinva
    just is..
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ahh.. Now I get it..

I completely misunderstood.. I do understand where you are coming from with that. If you take a read at Dave's pinned post.. he is looking for a moderator. I am certain whoever he chooses will ensure that this is a safe environment - well .. as best he/she can.
    Satan is an evil imposter.. we can choose to worry about Him destroying our "place" or we can be joyous that we have it and demand he stay away..and no.. I am NOT suggesting that ANYONE at FT is SATAN!!!
    Tinatinva DD 01/09/01 DS 10/22/03 DS 06-19-06 My 3 FET miracles!!![SIZE=2]
    Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength. -Unknown

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed

I was afraid I would be misunderstood as I realize how hard it is to sincerely get a point across online.

I will choose to enjoy this precious place!!!

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Cathy! I am so glad you are here on this forum! This is a great place where we can share our beliefs and talk about Christianity without feeling like we are offending anyone!

Hope to see you become an active member here!

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Cathy,
    I am glad too that we have this bb! It is new and the kinks will get worked out soon... I guess we are the "new kid on the block" Growing pains to say..
    jenC

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Cathy,
    I so understand what you are saying. I also feel like we are gaurded in what we say as it *may* offend. I had thought that here we could openly express our opinions as Christians, and not be worried about it. I mean, after all, if Christianity views are offensive to you, why go look at the Christianity board?

I complety understand that some things got carried away to OTHER boards, and linked back to here, and that is why there was offense.

I want to say thank you to all of you ladies, even though there are those of us who have different views and beliefs under Christianity, we are all headed in the same direction with our focus on Christ, and that IS what really matters. We are here to grow in OUR walks with Christ and discuss our lives and him with other like-minded indivduals.

I know that we can all state things in a constructive way as to limit the offenses.

16 15 13 6 5/05

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Mae
    Cathy,
    I so understand what you are saying. I also feel like we are gaurded in what we say as it *may* offend. I had thought that here we could openly express our opinions as Christians, and not be worried about it. I mean, after all, if Christianity views are offensive to you, why go look at the Christianity board?
    My thoughts exactly. I WILLl proclaim the love of Jesus here! I love you ladies and am glad I can come here to talk with you about our wonderful Lord!!!