FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Family Devotional

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed

Looking for a Family Devotional

Hi,
    My sister asked me the other day if I knew of a devotional she and her DH could do with their 3 kids a couple of nights each week. Nothing too heavy or difficult as they are not well versed in the Bible. Needless to say I am THRILLED she is interested enough to seek one out. Can you special ladies help me out?
    Your sista in Christ!
    Cathy
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

2. Advertisement

Chrissii
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    How old are the children? We use two different types of devotionals for the older and the younger of our kids. We are reading through "My First Study Bible" now with the little ones. We have been reading through, "Foxes Book of Matyrs" with the older two.

Some other books we have used for devotions in the past two years:
    -Pilgrim's Progress-ALL of our children love this book!!!
    -'John Rice's Bible Stories'- great for those not versed in the bible. It really gives some meat to the basic bible stories. I usually recommend it to those who are new Christians.
    -Denny Keniston's Godly Home tapes-The older ones got so much out of these!
    -William Bennet's Book of Virtue, along with scripture for charachter training.

Our family devotions include a passage of scripture that we are memorizing as a family, and lots of singing and praying. We all really look forward to devotions! Having them each night was really difficult at first, but it taught our little ones to sit still and reverence the Word of God.
    Chrissi & Crew:
    Kelsa 17, Isaac 16,
    Grace 8, Mercy 8, Elijah 7, Gideon 7, Moses 5 (all born in Guatemala),
    Glory 5(private,open,domestic adoption)

Cathy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    the kids are 5, 8, and 10
    Thanks for sharing what has worked with your family.
    Mommy and Warrior Goddess
    figuring out what to do-one step at a time, moment by moment, one day at a time and praying to My Father in heaven for healing.

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I have just found the best book- our ladies at church are on the 3rd round of ordering. It is called "The Lamb" by John R Cross. It comes with a CD -narration and music- and is wonderful. The adult book that our bible study is doing follows it. We have ordered that book 3 times! It is called "The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus" by the same author. We have not found it in the bookstores- but online at www.Goodseed.com It says 5 and up but I think even younger will get a lot out of it.