FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Tell us about yourself...your family...your faith

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JoaniK
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tell us about yourself...your family...your faith

I'll start.

My real name is Joan. I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. I'm 37. Been married to my DH (Ken...age 41) for 14 years. We have one DS...Jacob, 6 years old and in kindergarten.

I'm the youngest of 5 kids...DH is an only child (and apparently...Jacob will be also) I have 9 nieces and nephews...and 3 great-nieces and 1 great nephew.

I feel that my faith has been tested MANY times. Most recently the past 13 months. In Sept. 2004 our home was flooded thanks to Hurrican Ivan. We had nowhere near the amount of damage as people from Katrina/Rita. But still had to redo our first floor (kitchn, living room, dining room, master bedroom and two bathrooms.) Had 5 foot of water there. But pretty much backl to normal. Then in April, 2005 I had to have surgery. THen in June, dh lost his job. Now I am having kidney problems and my dad was just dx'ed w/prostate cancer. But through all this my faith has become stronger. I have a wonderful church family that is there to lift me up when I'm feeling down...and when my faith is low...they have enough to get me through.

Oh...I'm a full time SAHM...but do work part time as a photographer.

joni

2. Advertisement

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Okay, I'll go next...

My name is Heather. I am married to a wonderful Cowboy named Chris. Together we have two living children. Michaela is 7, and Troy is 2 months. We were blessed with Troy through the miracle of adoption. Chris has severe male factor IF with low motility and counts. (we have done 4 IVF cycles, #1 resulted in Riley & Dusty, and #3 resulted in Brody Michael.) I was married to another man at 18, and had two boys, Wyatt (10) and Tucker(9). Shortly after Tucker's birth (I was 20), my ex decided to pursue greener pastures with other women, and me and the boys were left alone.

When my ex left me, I had no real faith. I had been raised Mormon, and my ex was pentecostal. After what he did, I really hated his faith, as they seemed to support him. (They did not recognize our marriage because we were not "equally yolked".) There was a lady down the street that invited me to her church, which was Southern Baptist. I loved it there. It is there where I became born again, and it was that foundation that I have built on today.

Fast forward...Dh is a new Christian being saved on January 1st of this year. (Very long story...but a good one...we had our first "Miracle".) When we lost our son, Brody Michael, on May 28th this year (he was stillborn), it was a huge test to our faith. I chose to focus on God and he has held me together throughout my grief. DH was angry with God at first, for taking his son. (We also lost twins in December 2003, Riley Grace and Dusty Heath.) Finally, in July, Dh turned back to God and prayed for help in dealing with his grief. He prayed for God to "show him" what to do about having another baby, as he didn't want to try anymore if it was against God's will. Well, God answered him wih a conviction for adoption. So, we started looking into it. We got paperwork together for a homestudy. At this time, my best friend of 10 years was pregnant with a little boy. When I told her about our plans to adopt, she told us that she wanted us to adopt her little baby boy she was about to have. Through a lot of tears and emotion, we were blessed with her son, to be our son. On August 4th, Troy Michael was born and came home with his Momma and Daddy. We can see God's hand all over this, and we are greatful.

Dh and I walk with a strong faith. We belong to a non-denominational church, BUT, it is most like Assembly of God. My ex is a youth minister in an Assembly of God church now. We work really hard to be a blended family, and his wife is a great "Mother" to my children. Our faith is the ONLY thing that allows us to ave a good relationship now...as it was horrid before we all found Jesus.

Dh just quit his job of 10 years, where he made good money, to go to work for FEMA doing hurricane relief. He is not making very good money, but he feels God has told him to be there, so we know God will see us through.

Anyhow...that was my story (in a nutshell).

I am a respiratory therapist by degree, but right now I am a SAHM. I would like to start homeschooling DD, but, I don't know if DH is going to be able to make enough money for me to continue being a SAHM. I am praying about this, as I feel God has directed me to stay home and educate my own children.

16 15 13 6 5/05

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Shanda and I LOVE THE LORD! I am 28 years old (29 in December, ugh!). My dh is Jason - 33 (34 in December, ugh). We have been married for 6 years. We do not have any children, but we do have 2 very cute, very sweet furbabies. In the house, we have Sonny (white poodle) and outside we have Buck (Heinz 57). We live in Louisiana and are so glad we are finally feeling some cooler weather.

We are trying to have children. I do not ovulate regularly so it has been difficult. We were seeing an RE a couple of years of ago, but I lost my job and insurance right in the middle of it, so that was it. We are believing God will give us a child in his time whether naturally or through adoption. I think this experience has made me trust God (hence the username) more than ever before. He has brought me through so much and I give him all the glory!!

We attend a wonderful Assembly of God church and have the best pastor in the world!!! I am so thankful for a man of God who preaches the truth. He is not ashamed to preach about hell or the rapture and I am thankful for that. We are involved in youth ministry and van ministry. I hope to start an infertility ministry soon.

My dh works for the highway dept and I am a secretary.

My hobbies include: reading Christian fiction, fishing and hanging out with the youth group.

Well, that's a little about me!!! Can't wait to get to know the rest of ya!

Shanda

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Dawn and I'll be 40 in June 06 (Yahoo!) My dh is Brian who is 45 and an ordained pastor of the pentecostal persuasion.
    I was raised Catholic, but even as a teen was able to see through the pomp and show and realized this was not about God so much as about man (I heartily apologize to any catholic readers - please know this is my opinion of the organized religion itself and not the many faithful people who fill the pews). I "fell away" as they liked to call it and ran headfirst into self destruction. I married young to a real loser mostly because my parents hated him and he was the best thorn I could find to stick in their sides. I came to my senses in the early morning hours of January 1, 1996 when my lovely husband and I were headed home from a New Years Eve party - drunk and hostile..and he pushed me out of the car at 40mph. He was po'd because I had partnered with a guy he didn't like to play pool against him and one of his buddies - and won..yipes! Anyhoo - divorce soon followed and I was left caring for a father who was dying of cancer and a mother who confuses me to this day. She claims there is no such thing as God one minute, and then the next minute will rant that He is to blame for my dad dying and for everything that is wrong in her life. (Beats me)

I met my dh shortly after the New Years Eve incident. I have to admit I fell in love with him on sight. Brian was hired to take over my dad's job and my dad was training him. We started dating about a month after dad passed, moved in together about two months after that and married finally in June 1998.

I think we both heard God's calling around the summer of 1997 as that was when we decided we could no longer just live together. We started going to a Methodist church and from there was launched our journey on the road to salvation.

We went to the Black Hills on vacation in August 2001. That is where I know that I was finally saved forever and ever. We brought our Bibles and read and studied and talked. I was questioning and Brian was doing his best to help me along. Well, we stopped in the Badlands to walk around. I found a spot that pulled at my heart. I walked out on this narrow outcropping of rock and sat down - the outcropping was barely two feet wide and the drop had to be 200 feet if I fell off. I sat down to pray and begged God to show me a sign. I think my prayer went something like "If you're really here SHOW ME!" At that moment a WHITE DOVE flew up from the canyon floor and fluttered past me about 10 feet away. I had not noticed that dove hanging around below when I sat down and they do not live in the Badlands. Was it God? YOU BET IT WAS!
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    I must add...I am 29, Dh is 33. Even though I had problems with the Pentecostal "persuasion" back when my ex and I split up, now, I am OF the Pentecostal persuasion.

Dawn, I LOVE the story about the Dove. What an inspiration!!! I So want to go to SD!!! Maybe that needs to be our next vacation.

Hugs,
    Heather

16 15 13 6 5/05

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by trustgod
    We attend a wonderful Assembly of God church and have the best pastor in the world!!! I am so thankful for a man of God who preaches the truth. He is not ashamed to preach about hell or the rapture and I am thankful for that.
    Our pastor is like that too!!! I just LOVE HIM!!! He says that some of the problems in todays chruches is because they have taken the word HELL away from the pulpit. Churches have gotten too compliant in order to apease people into the pews. We are not here to sugar coat things...there are two places to go for eternity, one is Heaven, and the other one Hell. I rest assured in the peace that I WILL spend eternity in Heaven. I wish for everyone to have that peace.

16 15 13 6 5/05

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli Mae
    Our pastor is like that too!!! I just LOVE HIM!!! He says that some of the problems in todays chruches is because they have taken the word HELL away from the pulpit. Churches have gotten too compliant in order to apease people into the pews. We are not here to sugar coat things...there are two places to go for eternity, one is Heaven, and the other one Hell. I rest assured in the peace that I WILL spend eternity in Heaven. I wish for everyone to have that peace.
    I completely agree, Heather. Some churches have become people pleasers instead of God pleasers. That so bothers me! They don't want to offend anyone. Well, I say offend! People need to hear the truth about hell. It's scary to think that there are churches that have never heard about hell or the rapture. I pray that these pastors get a boldness and a hunger to preach these things.

Shanda

marty419
    has no status.
    Li'l lost Texan living in Brandon, Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Hi everyone. My name is Marty, dh is Marc. I just turned 41 and dh is 36. We have two beautiful children adopted from Guatemala. Briefly, I was born Catholic then converted to Baptist, then Methodist, then Penecostal and now Baptist again. DH started life as Episcopalian (sp?), then Penecostal and now Baptist. I know, we've been all over the church rainbow but have finally found the place where we "fit". Marc and I were baptised together in a Penecostal church in 2000 (my second and his first) and that started our life in Christ together. I could go into great detail about us here but dh said it best on our website. Here is the link to the page about us. Please take a moment and read our story. Also feel free to check out the picture page and see the two angels God has blessed us with.

http://www.trhranch.net/personal%20pages/About%20Us.htm

Blessings to all,
    Marty

JoaniK
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention...I'm one of the "frozen chosen". A Presbyterian. Was born and raised going to one church that was just that...frozen. But 3 years ago (much to the displeasure of my parents...still) we decided to start looking at other churches. Well...we stopped at Bethany Presby Church...and never looked anywhere else. It's an awesome caring and loving church. I think if it weren't for the love, support and faith the people of this church have, I would not have made it through this past year. Praise God!!!

joni

TylersDad
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm Marc, DH to Marty, and general pushover to Tyler and Taylor

I haven't posted here in a couple of years, but when Marty showed me this forum, I thought I'd get back into it.

I thank God each and every day for the two precious gifts He gave us in Tyler and Taylor. Each life He creates is created for a purpose, and I believe it is up to us to guide our children towards that purpose. I trust in Christ that He will nudge us along the way as long as we keep Him in the center of our family.

I'm not a long time Christian, as I was saved in 2000. What's funny is, if you know me, I'm usually reserved and hate public displays of, well about anything (but I'm getting over that thanks to the kids), but a good friend of ours invited Marty and I to her church for revival. I walked in and, lo and behold, it was a full blown Church of God pentecostal, hand raising, amen shouting, dancing in the aisles revival. Long story short- I was slain in the Spirit, got saved, got Christ, and got going. I've never looked back, and the future's never looked better.

We're attending a large (2000+ member) baptist church right now, and the claustrophobia is getting better.

Well, I think I've rambled enough. It's really good to see this board, and REALLY good to see so many participating. God bless y'all,

Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast