FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
New here.. short intro...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful

New here.. short intro...

Hi all,
    I am so happy to see this bb! I have been at FT since '98 and it has grown. I have been on many bbs and hope that I will have some time to spend here!

My church background is "saved" at VBS at age 8 when attending with a friend. My parents didn't go to church so I visited many with friends growing up.

My dh grew up southern Baptist and left the church because he felt nothing was really there for him.

I wanted to get into church and we visited many but it was hard having a child in a wheelchair with medical needs- leaving him with people who knew nothing about him or taking him into service with us and he'd start making noise.

My best friend from high school and on was attending a new church and kept begging us to try so we went and felt instantly that it was our "church". It is a bible church that has grown greatly since we have been there -2001

My dh and I both dedicated out lives to the Lord and both of us were baptized Jan 2002- the weekend we conceived our miracle baby! God is Good! We have put the Lord as the center of our lives and our home has changed. I would have never described it as bad.. but it is so much better.

I have been discipled by a wonderful lady in our church who has the spiritual gift for teaching. I organize and help her. We currently have 30 women attending a Tue morning bible study and we are offering the bible study on line for the first time for ladies who work or cannot come and/or their dh's. It has been a wonderful outreach.... I'll have to tell you all about the book we are doing...

We also co- lead a hometeam (we do not have room for Sunday school classes so we meet at homes on Wed night for prayer/ bible study and fellowship while the children are at AWANAs or youth. Our hometeam has become more of a family to us than our family IRL- definitely more supportive KWIM? I also co-lead our women's retreat committee.

My sig line tells about our children but they are such a blessing! I really enjoy them. I will post a picture soon! I want to get to know all of you. I do get very little of uninterrupted computer time so it may take me a while...

I am so happy to finally see this bb here... I said something months ago but the timing was not right. Thanks Eli Mae
    JenC

2. Advertisement

Ellie Mae
    What does not kill us...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hi Jenn, and WELCOME!!!

First of all, I see that you are another Momma who has angels in Heaven. My heart hurts for you, as I know that pain.

Now, I am SO excited you are here. Do you think there is a way you could share your online Bible Study with us here on this board? We had one on the prayer thread, and it was really great.

I KWYM about church family being closer that blood family. We refer to our church family as our "extended" family and they have been a true blessing to us. We finally have TRUE friends in Christ, and it feels so wonderful to have those relationships.

Also, could you tell me more about your "hometeam" and how it works. We may need soemthing like this. I am excited to hear about your book, I can't wait for you to share.

Again, welcome to this board! Glad to have you!

In Christ,
    Heather

16 15 13 6 5/05

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

Welcome Jen! It is nice to meet ya. I am so glad for this BB also. It has helped me tremendously.

I completely understand what you mean about your church family. I feel like they are my real family. If you knew my real family, you would really understand.

Looks like you are a busy woman like me. I am starting an infertility ministry in my town. If you have any advice on leading groups, I would LOVE to hear it.

God Bless!

Shanda

BC-GoMom
    Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
    BC: Preg +35/Christianity
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Thank you Heather and Shanda for the warm welcome.

Heather- I would love to tell you and post the bible study here! I could post weekly work and assignments.... It would be a pleasure to share. I can post a seperate post about the book- "The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus" by John Cross. I call it very foundational- lays a nice, easy-to-read foundation on which to build. I have learned a lot and I have a lot to learn! Let me know what you think.

Shanda- I have led non-secular and secular groups. My first thoughts were do you have a few women that you can count one that will come during the initial stages? If you have a core group with which to expand- that makes it easier. Do you have a budget? Is there material currently published that you are going to distribute or will you be doing all that as well? Will the group be more support or informational?

Let me know -you two.... thanks again.
    In Christ's Name,
    JenC