FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Children's Bible

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Tracik
    - Save a life become a Bone Marrow Donor
    International Adoption
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

Children's Bible

Hi Ladies,
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a good children's Bible. I was at our local Christian books store today and some of the books for pre-schoolers are a little too graphic (pictures especially) for DD, she doesn't get to watch old Disney yet because I think they are a little to violent ie. Bambi, snow white. She has a neat toddler Bible but it is a board book and is only about 20 or so pages long. She wants a "real" bible now and I would like to get her one that could be used for a few years... so from age 4 to like 6 or 7. My friends all love the "Rhyming Bible" but the store was out and I want to check it out... so now I have to go back and figured I would check to see what recommendations people have so I have a few to consider.

Thanks
    Wife to Tim, Mommy to 2 Guatemalan blessings
    A, Home 3/02M, Home 1/04, dx w/ALL, PH+ 4/25/08, fighting cancer & he will win

Be a Bone Marrow Donor
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/index.html

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a wish that every cup overflow with blessings & that every path leads to peace"-A.Pharo

2. Advertisement

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Traci

I had this Bible when I was a child and I buy it as a gift for everytime I have to give a toddler a birthday or Christmas present. I love it.

The Children's Bible (Hardcover)
    by J. Grispino

Here is the link on Amazon.com
    I hope this works

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Let me know what you think..

Dawn
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7

Tracik
    - Save a life become a Bone Marrow Donor
    International Adoption
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    WOW Dawn... That has the same or similar cover as the the bible I had as a kid.... I am going to have to get it From the comments it was written in the 60's so I bet it is the same one.

We ended up getting The Beginners Bible by Zonderkids. A friend at church got it for us, she loves it and said she had an extra. So far I really like it, Alondra loves the pictures and the stories are really at the right level for her so far.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

BTW... Do you have the bedtime stories book that they are selling with it at Amazon? just curious.

Also, I am now looking for a good prayer book for her... she is really wanting one, her baby board prayer book is for Mateo since she is a big girl now.

Thanks
    Wife to Tim, Mommy to 2 Guatemalan blessings
    A, Home 3/02M, Home 1/04, dx w/ALL, PH+ 4/25/08, fighting cancer & he will win

Be a Bone Marrow Donor
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/index.html

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a wish that every cup overflow with blessings & that every path leads to peace"-A.Pharo

trustgod
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you have a Family Christian store in you area, but they have a whole section in the Children's area for prayer books. I previously worked at the store here. They have a great variety. Also, the Precious Moments Bibles are nice and she could keep it for a long time.

Dawn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Traci,
    I just love the way our Christian friends always seem to have an extra of whatever we need at the exact moment we need it. God is good!

Dawn
    Dawn
    Gracia's Mom
    Accepted referral on 2/18/02
    Home Forever 9/25/02

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    2 Timothy 4:7