FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
What do you enjoy most from your church newsletter/bulletin?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    TayTN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you enjoy most from your church newsletter/bulletin?

Hello!

We are in the beginning process of changing our newsletter and I was curious as to which parts of your church newsletter you enjoy the most and why?

Any suggestions for great ideas you would to see added to your newsletter?

Ours goes out 2x a month and is pretty boring most people say. We are talking about adding candid pictures from church events and even about highlighting a family each month to tell a little about their life.

We have a traditional and contemporary service so one of our big problems in our church are that so many from one service don't know most of the people from the other. It really is like we have two different churches. I thought if we highlighted a family (starting at A and working down the alphabet and membership roll ) it might help us get to know people we don't know much about at the present.

So what kinds of things do you enjoy reading? Thanks for helping me out on this.
    Mom to 3 precious daughters - 9yr, 7.5yr & 5yr

2. Advertisement

Joni_P
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would definately enjoy something like what you are talking about ! Maybe a crossword puzzle ? Kids games ? Treasure hunt ? Where they have to find things you list and bring it to church for a prize ?

Good luck !!

AuntT
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We often have different people from our church submit receipes...people seem to like that. I personally like to hear reports of things that our youth are doing. We list our prayer requests from each week in ours also. It's nice to have a reminder to lift those needs up in prayer. Hmmm.....let me think. Our pastor usually puts a letter on the first page...kind of a mini sermon of sorts. It is usually pretty short...just right to sit down and read through it mid week for a pick me up. By the way...we do a weekly newsletter.

Good luck!
    God Bless...
    I can do all things through Him that gives me strength
    Come join me on the Prayer Board

Basilissa
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just excited to get something besides a bill or junk mail!

I do love reading about what our youth groups are doing too. Gives me high hopes for the future of our community!

TayTN
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your ideas. I think a new look will perk everyone up in the church while reading their newsletter.

I will be sharing your ideas with the other person who is working on this with me. I knew this would be the perfect place to ask.
    Mom to 3 precious daughters - 9yr, 7.5yr & 5yr