FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone Diagnosed with Leukemia or a Blood Cancer and had a Stem Cell Transplant???

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    123MP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Diagnosed with Leukemia or a Blood Cancer and had a Stem Cell Transplant???

Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyone that was diagnosed with Leukemia (particularly A.L.L.) or another form of blood cancer that also had a stem cell transplant.

DH and I were already going through IF before I was diagnosed. Three weeks before our FET I was diagnosed with A.L.L. Was hoping there was someone out there with a similar story.

2. Advertisement

JesK
    is feeling thankful and in shock STILL!

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband had NKT non Hodgkins lymphoma and he had a stem cell transplant.

callisy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a medical procedure in the fields of hematology and oncology. Most often performed for patients with certain cancers of the blood or bone marrow. Such as multiple myeloma or leukemia. In these cases, the recipient’s immune system is usually destroyed with radiation or chemotherapy before the transplantation. Infection and graft-versus-host disease is a major complication of allogenic HSCT. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation remains a dangerous procedure with many possible complications. It is reserved for patients with life-threatening diseases. As the survival of the procedure increases. Its use has expanded beyond cancer, such as autoimmune diseases. understanding the BMT basics are key to asking the right questions and making the best treatment decisions for you.